Body By Vi

Options

Replies

• mgandolph
    mgandolph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using it since December. We love it!!!!! We usually drink a shake for breakfast and lunch, with sensible snacks in between and a sensible dinner. I have researched it, taken it to a nutritionist and can find nothing negative to say. It's quality nutrition, fast to make, and tastes great. There are over 300 recipes so we never get bored!!!! I don't understand the people who say it's expensive, because our grocery bill has gone down since we started the shakes. It works out to around $2 or less per meal. You can't get cheap, fast food for that price and it's a lot more healthy!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Well, I used it the first three months this year and lost 22lbs...Thought that Whey Protein would be jsut as good and to my surprise, it didn't !

My blood Glucose levels came in well at the low range of the A1C measurements since I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes back 5 years ago. When I went to the Whey Protein my sugar levels have risen. No weight loss eventhough I incfreased my excercise levels from none to three days a week. Very tired, no motivation and eating junk!

I reordered my ViSalus SOY Protein and an lookng for my next 20 lb loss by the end of July!

I don't see the product. I don't believe in the Pyramid effect.

You were doing it wrong lol

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in january, it's now June and I have lost 58lbs and all my blood test are perfect and I am not diabetic anymore, I ate a lot of food and worked out, that's how a strong person takes care of problems...Don't blame the food, blame yourself!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Diet and exercise. Count yo' calories. Move yo' butt. Free and easy, no scams, no shakes, no salesmen.

Support here when you need it.

End of story.

Applause.
  • teekay838
    teekay838 Posts: 1
    Options
    Here's a pretty good article about Body By Vi.

I started it, and didn't loose a pound. I actually gained some and felt bloated.

This program (myfitnesspal) is far more healthier and effective then putting some powder into our bodies that we dont have any idea of long term effects.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What do you think of it?

This thread will be locked really quickly ... guaranteed.
    Regardless how much success someone has with BBV, there are a tonne of people on here who haven't had success with it, don't know the product and you'll get more "haters" jumping all over this about pushy sales people.
    Been there, done that.
    Unfortunate that these threads, asking a simple question, turn into such a train wreck ...
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to buy this Crap... your better off shoving a tube in your *kitten* ....filliing it with water.....weigh yourself.... then when all the water is gone weigh yourself again .... that is the results you will see from this SCAM!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    there are a tonne of people on here who haven't had success with it, don't know the product and you'll get more "haters" jumping all over this about pushy sales people.

Why is it that people who disagree with you are "haters"?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Let me go get my friend Brett to reply here.

Oh no you don't Patti! I've had it with salesmen calling me a "hater" because I think they pimp magic drinks and take advantage of people...

Aaaaand I'm doing it again.

I was gonna say "surely Brett has had enough and will just stay out of it, but nope, there he is. Sucker. Like putting chocolate in front of someone who's been eating 1000 calories a day.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've been doing BBV for a year now and LOVE it! However, I did NOT start them for weight loss, but for health and nutrition. I don't take vitamins (can't swallow pills) so the shakes were PERFECT for me and my family. My husband, 9 year old daughter and my 18 year old son all do them. My son plays college football so he uses them as a healthy protein shake. :-)

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say "surely Brett has had enough and will just stay out of it, but nope, there he is. Sucker. Like putting chocolate in front of someone who's been eating 1000 calories a day.

Nah. Italian or Thai food works with Brett.
  • darkdorothy
    darkdorothy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    there are a tonne of people on here who haven't had success with it, don't know the product and you'll get more "haters" jumping all over this about pushy sales people.

Why is it that people who disagree with you are "haters"?

Because you don't sell a lot of drinks saying "accurate and completely valid criticism."

And Tameko, fork over the chocolate.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How much longer until the salespeo..I mean "coaches" come in here and start acting like an oppressed minority who's rights have just been violated?

I think I pretty much know they shpiel by heart at this point.

"Hey c'mon, why all the negativity here?? Geez some people. You know Body By Vi is a wonderful and unique product that you just can't find in stores, because of it's awesomeness. Only lame products that don't work are sold in stores. Everyone knows that to find the good stuff you need a neighbor with a basement full of products they're trying to unload.

Now it's true, you will have to diet and exercise still. But the good news is Body By Vi clears up your skin, kills cancer and teaches your kids to read.

It's important everyone do their research. And by research I mean Google Body By Vi and pick the first website that comes up, no others. Or you could just MESSAGE ME FOR MORE INFO!! Oh please for the love of all that's holy message me for more info. Seriously I have a bank loan to pay off and they just won't take any of these drinks as payment! I gotta unload some of this crap!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PittShkr
    Options
    SpringBreak2009551.jpg

Any Pittsburgher is attracted now!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I prefer eating food.

Food is awesome.
  • PittShkr
    Options
    primantis2.jpg
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Somebody pass the popcorn :drinker:
  • PittShkr
    Options
    r0cf0p.gif
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about it, but diets like these make me worry about what happens when you go off of it and start eating like a normal person again. I have a feeling most people gain all the weight back.

Exactly...learn to eat real food and make a life style change. If not...well expect to gain the weight back because you have learned nothing from drinking down a processed crap shake. REAL FOOD AND EXERCISE gets results people...no magic shake or pill needed.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried their product, but their marketing materials look pretty shady to me. Misleading comparisons (their powder has to be mixed with milk to be considered a meal replacement, but they compare the nutritional values *without milk* to other products, and claim that it's "lactose free", etc), and a bunch of statements that aren't backed up by one bit of actual science (ie, "our super Trisorb protein absorbs into your body much more fully than natural whey protein!").

That said, using MLM doesn't make something a scam. It almost always makes it annoying, but the "scam" that people are reminded of is the classic pyramid scheme, which is not the case when actual goods or services are being sold (even terrible, complete rip-off goods and services).
This discussion has been closed.