Is it bad to eat an egg everyday?

Options
I'm kind of in a rut. I've gained about 10 lbs since a few months ago (finished up college) and I thought being home would help me get back on track, but it doesn't seem to be since there are other food options (not so healthy) around the house. And I currently lack anything close to the discipline I use to have.

The only thing I find myself craving are eggs and cheese usually. Anything healthy doesn't sound appealing to me. So I eat an egg everyday. Is that bad? Also, any advice on how to get back on track?

Replies

• Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat one every day too. I'm sure some people will say how bad it is, but I am trying to do what works best for me. I love eggs, and when I eat one for breakfast I don't even think about food all morning. If I don't eat one in the morning, I am hungry by 10:00.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    1 egg? Lol. Seriously, eggs are full of goodness, even the yolks. If you stay withing your caloric and macro goals, that one egg a day will do more good than harm.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yes. Baby chicks will hatch in your belly and peck their way out.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Sometimes I eat three eggs a day. On my egg carton it says 2 eggs is one serving.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ummmm my body loves eggs, i have 2 or 3 in the morning if i can. They really keep me centered and give me a lot of energy for the day. Just the way my body works.

No. One egg a day is not "bad."

Nothing is bad. Everything everything everything in moderation.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i eat about 5-6 a day and havent grown any new appendages or third eyes
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yolks hold all cholesterol and r badd!! eat egg whites n veg,amaze!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    eggs are good eats. I eat 2 often in the morning. Cheese on top of eggs with nothing else (maybe some fruits) are so tasty and nutritious!
    The cool thing about eggs and cheese is that you can turn those 2 ingredients into a fairly large variety of dishes if cooked wiht different techniques and maybe some other veggies for omelets.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

not all cholesterol is bad. the type in eggs is good. besides that, all of the nutrients and essential fatty acids are in the yolk and very little (if any) of that is in whites.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Yes. Baby chicks will hatch in your belly and peck their way out.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:

On topic, eggs are incredible for you...great source of nutrients, and protein/healthy fats.

Don't skip the yolk btw!
  • HeidiJ810
    HeidiJ810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol and I have always been told that egg yolks are evil, so I have always tossed them. I was watching Dr. Oz a few months back and he said that eggs are way good for you and that it only affects cholesterol in very rare cases. Now I only toss the yolk if I am trying to reduce calories for that day. If you have a cholesterol problem then you might want to check with your Dr, but if not I think 1 a day isn't bad at all :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    EAT IT!! Eggs are a great source of protein. Toss in some veggies and a little of that cheese you want and you have a great healthy meal.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Nonsense! There are lots of amazing nutrients in the yolk - and they are the nicest tasting bit! Unless you have a serious cholesterol problem it is absolutely fine to have more than one egg a day.
  • therequiiem
    therequiiem Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I just remember meeting with a nutritionist on my campus last year and her telling me it's best to eat 2-3 eggs a week.... I was like eff that.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I just remember meeting with a nutritionist on my campus last year and her telling me it's best to eat 2-3 eggs a week.... I was like eff that.

Ha ha! :)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you. Usually I eat 1 full egg and 2 egg whites. Yum!
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    All this talk about eggs makes me want one!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I eat two hard boiled eggs every morning for breakfast and have been for about 8 months.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

read and be amazed -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/the-cholesterol-myth-that_b_676817.html
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    Eggs are a great food indeed.
    I have at least 1 a day too.
    Great in the morning. It's been shown to keep you fuller for longer for some reason or another!??
    Enjoy them. I'm having cheesey omlette for dinner!
    H x