Is it bad to eat an egg everyday?

Options

Replies

• shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! I was also told not to eat eggs everyday so I have been avoiding eating them for breakfast each day. Now that I know it is OK my breakfasts will be so much easier and protein rich!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in a rut. I've gained about 10 lbs since a few months ago (finished up college) and I thought being home would help me get back on track, but it doesn't seem to be since there are other food options (not so healthy) around the house. And I currently lack anything close to the discipline I use to have.

The only thing I find myself craving are eggs and cheese usually. Anything healthy doesn't sound appealing to me. So I eat an egg everyday. Is that bad? Also, any advice on how to get back on track?

Eating an egg everyday is not bad at all but me I would try to mix it up every other day. Just start little and work your way back up to where you were at before!
  • kgprice11
    Options
    Eggs are a great food indeed.
    I have at least 1 a day too.
    Great in the morning. It's been shown to keep you fuller for longer for some reason or another!??
    Enjoy them. I'm having cheesey omlette for dinner!
    H x

Oh it makes you feel full for a longer period of time because of how much protein and nutrients are in just one egg.
  • kgprice11
    Options
    yolks hold all cholesterol and r badd!! eat egg whites n veg,amaze!!

Sorry but you are wrong the yolk is one of the better parts of the egg for you to eat. Yes eating the yolk everyday is not good for you over time but it wont hurt you right now.
  • LindsayHowlett
    Options
    Eggs are good!!!! I guess if you have high cholesterol then you should maybe lose the yolks, but I wouldn't have thought that 1 a day would have negative effects!!

Thanks for the post though - I was struggling to decide on what to have for dinner tonight, decision made: omelette!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Blood cholesterol is not controlled by how much cholesterol you eat. It's produced in the liver.

Eggs are a wonderful food. I eat a dozen or so per week.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Blood cholesterol is not controlled by how much cholesterol you eat. It's produced in the liver.

I eat at least two a day. With bacon. :happy:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I eat at least two a day. With bacon. :happy:

I had two eggs and bacon for breakfast too! :)
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3 eggs a day. Great protein source and I'm still here, happy and healthy :D
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Pshaw, some days I eat 6 eggs at a meal. 1 egg a day will not kill you.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eggs are wonderful, they help keep you full...that being said, I eat 2-4 eggs a day...yolk and all
  • SaraLouise1988
    SaraLouise1988 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont have much to add that everyone else hasnt already said.

I just came here to say I just eated poached eggs on toast, and they were yummy.

That is all.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Unless you have cholestorol issues - not at all!!

For a more filling meal, mix your one whole egg with 1-2 egg whites. You get the flavor and nutrients of the whole egg with some extra stuff on the plate from the whites.

This is my favorite breakfast - I can't eat dairy BTW - and that saves me lots of calories.

1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    splash almond milk (unsweetened)
    1/4 green/red/orange pepper
    1/4 onion
    1 tsp canola oil
    1 tsp taco sauce

Heat a frying pan on medium
    Chop peppers and onions (I like to chop the whole pepper and put the rest in my lunch)
    Add oil to pan - let oil heat briefly
    Add peppers and onions to pan and saute
    Beat egg and egg whites with splash of almond milk until frothy
    Pour egg mixture into pan
    Cook as an omelet or make into a scramble
    Serve with taco sauce

It is sooooooo good!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options

uid1e.gif
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have genetically high cholesterol, and after doing some internet research (which is conflicting and hard to know how accurate it is) the general conclusion I found is that if your cholesterol is fine, go crazy and have as many as you want.

If your cholesterol is high, like mine, you probably shouldn't have more than 1 a day.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great....have two
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I used to eat between 8-12 eggs everyday for about two months. I am about to pick that back up. They are really good for you. Eat as many as you'd like as long as they fit in your calorie/macro goals.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating the yolks daily. Again. I was eating only whites, but I read so much about the yolk being the good part, blah blah blah, so I was eating the yolks again. My cholesterol had gone from 240 down to 166 when I cut out yolks. After being back on the yolks, my cholesterol was 210. The only major change during those times was the eggs. Other than that, my diet and exercise pretty much remains the same. The only time I go over in dietary cholesterol is when I consume egg yolks.

For me, they are something that I should enjoy only a couple times a week. For some, it makes no matter. I believe I'm predisposed to having high cholesterol (both my parents do), so I just have to be more careful. Your decision should be made, in my opinion, basing it on some familial history.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating the yolks daily. Again. I was eating only whites, but I read so much about the yolk being the good part, blah blah blah, so I was eating the yolks again. My cholesterol had gone from 240 down to 166 when I cut out yolks. After being back on the yolks, my cholesterol was 210. The only major change during those times was the eggs. Other than that, my diet and exercise pretty much remains the same. The only time I go over in dietary cholesterol is when I consume egg yolks.

For me, they are something that I should enjoy only a couple times a week. For some, it makes no matter. I believe I'm predisposed to having high cholesterol (both my parents do), so I just have to be more careful. Your decision should be made, in my opinion, basing it on some familial history.

Good to know...Thanks for posting.