What's for breakfast?!

Options

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well this morning I was really hungry so it was 1 slice of wheat toast with peanut butter, a yogurt and a cup of fresh cherries. Took me an hour to eat because I keep wating a little bit in between each to see if my stomach will be satisfied or not.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am eating right as I type:

Homemade Breakfast burrito - premade and frozen for easy breakfast grab & and what I like calling a power coffee (w/chocolate protein powder)
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Kashi go lean crunch cereal and a banana. Or dannon Greek yogurt. -love that stuff
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I usually have scrambled eggbeaters with a light whole grain english muffin topped with low sugar strawberry preserves. Keeps me full for hours!
  • akhebert4
    akhebert4 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a tight morning schedule, so on Sunday nights, I make a low cal artichoke feta quiche (comes in at 240 cal for 1/6 of quiche) and then I warm up a slice every morning and enjoy my cup of coffee. It takes the "thinking" out of breakfast and is delicious. Found the recipe in my "Cook This, Not That" cookbook.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    egg whites for sure....gwaltney 60% fat free bacon..(3 slices are like 60 calories).
  • cookadook
    cookadook Posts: 41
    Options
    My work has a cafeteria of sorts so it has many choices to get me going in the mornings. I usually get an egg that has been steam cooked in an oven and a sausage patty that has also been cooked in the oven. And if they have it, I will get a big spoonful of vanilla yogurt with a half a cup of granola. That is around 8 and that will last me until lunch time no problem. :flowerforyou:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake. I eat at 7, and stay full until 11. Then I have a string cheese to hold me over until lunch around noon. Check out my diary to see how I make it. I switch out the frozen berries, but the rest of it essentially stays the same. About 220 calories.
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    Love steel cut oats, but lately it's been a Gnu bar.
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Typical breakfast foods don't have enough protein. 2 scrambled eggs with salsa is a usual for me. Sometimes 2scrambled eggs with whole grain toast with peanut butter. I also have Greek yogurt or protein bar around 10 then lunch at 12.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning:

Plain greek yogurt
    2 oz blueberries
    3/4 C. bran flakes
    1/2 C. plain unsweetened almond milk
    1 prune
    Coffee with sugar free creamer.

Most breakfast's for me are choices such as egg (whites) omelette or scrambles with things like peppers, spinach, black beans, sometimes cheese. Or cereal (plain bran or corn flakes, plain Cheerios, plain cereal like Rice Chex, basically nothing sugary or with much taste lol) Or plain greek yogurt or oatmeal.
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg
    3 tbs of liquid egg whites 2 slices of colby thin slices
    whole grain thin sandwich bread
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    1/2 banana

So yummy and satisfying and ONLY 300ish calories!

:D I'll have to make myself eat around 11am. :blushing:
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 2 poached eggs with some fruit and a coffee
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 eggs, cooked differently every day before my commute starts at 6:00am. At about 10:00am I have one of two options: Greek yogurt with a banana, half a cup blueberries, and 1tbsp Chia seeds (420 cals) or 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with a banana and a cup of frozen cherries (445 cals).

I find I'm never really hungry at 5:30 in the morning, but I start to feel awful by 8:00 if I don't eat anything. The eggs tide me over while the 10:00am breakfast fills me up.

EDIT: I should note that I am gluten free out of necessity so toast, bagels, wraps, etc. are not options for me. I have to find other ways to feel full.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have either oatmeal or quinoa. I top each one with sliced up bananas and a few mini chocolate chips. Keeps me super full and the chocolate chips help to satisfy my sweet tooth so I don't crave sweets during the day.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Bacon, two eggs over easy fried in the bacon grease, and two slices of low carb toast with real butter.

Fat and protein enough to hold me until lunch, I would hope. Also, coffee, just so no one has to die.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats Instant - Maple & Brown Sugar (320 calories)

homemade latte (via my nespresso machine) (55 calories)
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    This morning I ate a bowl of multigrain cheerios.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I am riding it is 2 or 3 slices of toast and jam, and poss. a banana too
  • athomas1952
    athomas1952 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi for me this is the best breakfast ever.

2 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk (no Sugar) 14 Cal's per cup = 28Cals, Alpen Muesli 40 grams dry no milk no sugar = 140Cals, 1 pink grape fruit 82Cals peeled and segmented, the pith & segment section then squeesed over the muesli, if your lucky and the grapefruit is very juicy its a bonus. The benefits are that the small quantity muesli expands in your stomach giving you a long lasting satisfied feeling until lunch time.
    Total Cal = 250