What's for breakfast?!

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a whole wheat english muffin, natural peanut butter on it. Also a lactose-free yogurt, a scrambled egg or two, and some fruit. If I don't have the eggs I have whole-grain cream of wheat.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I'm thinking about going to sheetz.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Porridge(made up with water) little added honey
    Topped with fresh Srrawberries and blueberries
    Freahly squeezed grapefruit and orange juice
    Toast butter and a banana!

Sounds like lots but I eat at 6.30am workout at 9.15-10.15am more or less

I eat again at 11am,it is said to eat about every 3-4 hours to keep your bloob sugar level stable that will stop you feeling hungry,aet a little throughout the day.It works for me,Ive lost 16lbs in 2 months!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Always oatmeal.
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    3-egg white veggie omelet.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My Favourite breakfast at the moment is : Grapefruit, 2 crumpets with honey and a weight watchers yogurt and of course a cup of tea
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I try to get at least 20g of protein for each meal...helps me get through the morning and not snack. I just had a delicious smoothie: 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup passion fruit pulp, 2 strawberries, 1 tbsp Chobani fat free plain yogurt, 1 scoop unflavored protein powder...comes out to a 16+ oz smoothie. 300 cals, 2g fat, 42mg cholesterol, 700mg potassium, 110mg sodium, 19g carbs, 5g fiber, 15g sugars, 27g protein.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, it's coffee, toast and soft boiled egg, I'll have porridge occasionally (like I did today) or toast and Marmite (yeast extract); i learnt very early on not to skip breakfast!
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey protein powder (with a little bit of water)blended into a smoothie with frozen strawberries, mangoes, pineapples, and peaches. I am literally full for at least five hours afterwards.
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this morning I had 3 eggs, scrambled with 2 oz of sliced ham, 1.5 ounces of cheddar cheese on a Thomas' Thins "Everything" bagel.

Oh... and my coffee. :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    3 eggs cooked in coconut oil, egg casserole, dinner leftovers, or salad with oil packed tuna. Usually its leftovers. I am usually full until lunch, or I'll eat some veggies, nuts, beef jerky, or plain whole fat yogurt for lunch.
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    through the week when I brown bag it to work I have 2 egg muffin cups with either salsa or fresh tomato
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually fry 2 eggs and make an english muffin. Keeps me full for a long time!
  • RealHealthQuest
    RealHealthQuest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal almost every morning. I use the following recipe which is about 400 calories, sticks with you all morning and when used in concert with each other makes a perfect protein, meaning your body is getting all of the essential fats you need but can't make on your own.

1/2 cup of rolled oats
    1/2 cup of water
    1/2 cup of milk
    1/2 banana

If you do just that you would be good, but to make it last a little longer I add

1.5 tbs of natural peanut butter
    additional berries if I have them like blueberries, strawberries, etc... (1/4 cup ish...)
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    chardonnay
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    Kashi Pilaf with Blueberries today. But it is usually steel cut oatmeal with pumpkin. I have a fruit and a protien as a snack also.
  • jessedwards8109
    Options
    I've been eating a cottage cheese parfait I found. I don't like yogurt so I was glad to find a parfait that uses cottage cheese. Its only 205 calories and it's a good source of fiber and protein so it helps to keep me full.

1/2 Cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Small Curd cottage cheese
    1/2 Cup Strawberries
    1/4 Cup Blueberries
  • mrscaptainj2011
    mrscaptainj2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have one of the following in the morning,
    - 1 Kashi pumpkin flax seed granola bar
    - 1 Nature valley gronala bar
    - 1 banana with peanut butter
    - 1 green apple with peanut butter
    - 1 berry yogurt cup

on weekends
    - 8oz berry smoothie, only FRESH fruit and 1 freshly squeezed orange. No yogurt, sugar, water or anything else.

If i workout in the morning I skip breakfast and instead I have a chocolate soymilk drink. It holds me over until my morning snack.
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My light version of an Egg McMuffin:

1 100 calorie English Muffin
    1/3 cup liquid egg whites cooked in a layer in the pan and folded in quarters to fit the muffin 44 cal
    1 2/% Sharp cheese slice 50 cal
    1 slice bacon cooked crisp and cut in 1/2 to fit muffin 25 cal(sometimes I use a 30 cal slice of ham lunch meat or 1 turkey frozen turkey sausage patty 60 cal

Total Calories for Sandwich with Bacon 219.

Really helps me get to lunch.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Nothing if you skip it daily like I do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition