My Breasts are changing :-(

Options
i have always been happy with my breasts (as has my husband) even though i hate the rest of my body. problem is, i have lost a stone now my breast have changed SIGNIFICANTLY, hubby said they are like empty duffle bags :-( he wasnt trying to be mean as he is very supportive of my weight loss efforts but it makes me sad that in the effort to look and feel better i am losing the only thing i liked!
Is this a common problem for ladies?
Thanks

Replies

• BoatReadyBody
    Options
    Who cares as long as your abs change to....
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Very common issue on here!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Geez, he really shouldn't have said that. I understand how you feel :(
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i have always been happy with my breasts (as has my husband) even though i hate the rest of my body. problem is, i have lost a stone now my breast have changed SIGNIFICANTLY, hubby said they are like empty duffle bags :-( he wasnt trying to be mean as he is very supportive of my weight loss efforts but it makes me sad that in the effort to look and feel better i am losing the only thing i liked!
    Is this a common problem for ladies?
    Thanks

maybe you can do some chest exercises (weights) to build up some muscle there so they won't erm...deflate as much? :[
  • Meggie1045
    Meggie1045 Posts: 20
    Options
    Eh yes! They were the only thing I loved about myself and now they are becoming something I hate about myself. It's upsetting :(
  • koalafan
    koalafan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's one of the first places Iose weght and I hate it.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The shape hasn't changed, but mine are so much smaller and it upsets me a lot. Now that I like my body, I'm insecure about my breasts... I hate it.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    yes this happens with weight loss its so crap..
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Yes, our breasts do change. Mine are the LAST to go... but they went. :) And left some emptiness behind. I'm happy to say the skin is tightening back up with more chest exercises... but they are still smaller. My husband noticed too... but he made a comment once. And only once. :)
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    This is why I'm getting a boob job later this year... :drinker:
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The sad fact is.......boobs are mostly fat. I went from a D to a B even though my band size stayed a 36. Some women lose more of their 'girls' than others.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    can highly recommend weight lifting to help, chest presses are a wonderful way to firm them up

When I was flabby so were my boobs now I'm skinnier my boobs are firmer (thanks to chest presses, my arms look pretty awesome too)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I SO hear you on this... wish we could "choose" where to lose.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Who cares as long as your abs change to....

Obviously, she cares. It's not like breasts just shrink as one loses weight. Sometimes the fat goes and the skin stays. That can be very depressing and demotivating.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That was a very mean thing for your husband to say to you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I usually do push ups and chest presses and these exercises strengthen the pectoral muscles and pull the breasts up. Unfortunately, since the breasts are mostly made up of fat, they will get smaller when you lose weight.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    It is definitely common. I have the same problem, I use vitamin E oil to help tighten and moisturize them. And of course I have been trying to do push ups and chest exercises to hopefully build some muscle to lift them. I don't think there is much you can do to stop the fat from melting away everywhere, even in places we might want to keep it. But remember, they aren't all fat, eventually they should stop shrinking. :sad:
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Mine are way less full than they were before I started losing weight. It's just because I lost weight so quickly I think. I figure I'll end up just opting for a boob job when I'm at my goal weight if I end up that unhappy with them. I'm okay with them for now though.
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Yes, our breasts do change. Mine are the LAST to go... but they went. :) And left some emptiness behind. I'm happy to say the skin is tightening back up with more chest exercises... but they are still smaller. My husband noticed too... but he made a comment once. And only once. :)

dont think my hubby will say anything again either, after i spent an entire day saying - i cant believe you said that! he said he still loves them - but for how long, if i continue to lose weight! think the moment of realisation for him is when i put on a dress that i wore 8 weeks ago and it fell down over my boobs, think he realised how much they had shrunk at the point!
  • Lilip0p
    Lilip0p Posts: 36
    Options
    YES! I lost 50lbs last year (plus having had 5 kids), mine went to empty flaps.

Que 2 boob jobs later - VOILA!

Have to add, I also thought augmented boobs would be hard and have the stuck on look. Mine are VERY squishy, jiggly and bouncy! So don't be put off by the crappy boob jobs you see online.

I will say, it HURTS though. I had complications and had to have a redo, that hurt even more... but way worth it!