My Breasts are changing :-(

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The sad fact is.......boobs are mostly fat. I went from a D to a B even though my band size stayed a 36. Some women lose more of their 'girls' than others.

SOME boobs are mostly fat. Some are mostly mammary tissue and if you have mostly mammary tissue, they won't get smaller. But if they're mostly fat, obviously, when you lose fat, you lose it wherever it is on your body.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to lose some of mine! I love them, but something smaller would be so nice. But Congrats on your progress!
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    the only way to "resupply" your boobs specifically is to get a breast augmentation. aside from that....focus on the positive- you are making yourself healthier overall, which improves your quality of life ten fold. tell your husband to keep his comments to himself if he can't provide constructive feedback. telling you your boobs are like empty sacks is the absolute worst thing to say, and he should be ashamed of himself. i hope you socked him in the balls.

angry rant aside- your boobs do not make you a woman. don't ever forget that.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sadly the boobs are the first to go because they are mustly fatty tissue and just a little muscle.
    But I feel like most of the ladies that posted...too bad we can't choose where we loose :/
    As you can see from my profile pic I have a flat chest, BUT since my stomach went down AND with the help of a padded bra, I can usually fool a few people into thinking there a C cup lol.

Continued success in your weight loss journey ;)
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yep. childbirth/breastfeeding + losing 20lbs and they pretty much deflated into nothing. i'm so self conscious about them! :(
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    Research breast implants if this is really something that bothers you. I know how hard it is to feel good about yourself even if you are in great shape if you hate your boobs. Don't listen to people who tell you you are vain/ silly to care ( I hear it all the time) Its none of there business. Do what makes you feel good!
    (If you do look into implants research the doctor thoroughly and make sure you get someone who has an excellent track record.)
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I went from a D to a B too when I first lost weight years ago. When I gained it back, I was maybe a C when I had PMS but they really didn't regain their original size. Pectoral exercises did seem to help but I think it's like firming your triceps, you have to WORK at it.
  • nresendes27
    Options
    The first thing I had to buy in a smaller size is a bra, figures the one place where I dont have a lot extra. On the up side I have found that doing chest and back exercises has helped tremendously!!!
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and it's only getting worse. If it's is extra skin any amount of chest presses isn't going to help that... My plans in the next few years once I hit goal is a reduction/lift and implants. Really the only way to go in a situation like that. Buy good bra's in the meantime, they help at least while they are on!!
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    i have always been happy with my breasts (as has my husband) even though i hate the rest of my body. problem is, i have lost a stone now my breast have changed SIGNIFICANTLY, hubby said they are like empty duffle bags :-( he wasnt trying to be mean as he is very supportive of my weight loss efforts but it makes me sad that in the effort to look and feel better i am losing the only thing i liked!
    Is this a common problem for ladies?
    Thanks

Since he's so interested in how they look tell him to do you and HIM a favor and save his pennies so he can treat you to a boob job when you reach your goal! A boob job doesn't have to mean "fake" boobs...you could just get a lift and combine that with chest exercises. Until then, you can just get some sexy night clothing that pushes up and holds in place to make you feel better about how they look. Congrats on your success thus far and while it may be hard, celebrate the changes in your body for what they are...evidence that you are becoming healthier and getting closer to your goal...but still make him pay for a boob job! :wink:
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    i have always been happy with my breasts (as has my husband) even though i hate the rest of my body. problem is, i have lost a stone now my breast have changed SIGNIFICANTLY, hubby said they are like empty duffle bags :-( he wasnt trying to be mean as he is very supportive of my weight loss efforts but it makes me sad that in the effort to look and feel better i am losing the only thing i liked!
    Thanks

Since he's so interested in how they look tell him to do you and HIM a favor and save his pennies so he can treat you to a boob job when you reach your goal! A boob job doesn't have to mean "fake" boobs...you could just get a lift and combine that with chest exercises. Until then, you can just get some sexy night clothing that pushes up and holds in place to make you feel better about how they look. Congrats on your success thus far and while it may be hard, celebrate the changes in your body for what they are...evidence that you are becoming healthier and getting closer to your goal...but still make him pay for a boob job! :wink:

i will be sure to run this by him tonight! haha!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of big natural boobs to be honest, but I would think he can weigh the size reduction against the benefits to your long-term health and see that is, overall, a win.

You can do chest exercises to strengthen the Cooper's Ligament (I think that's the correct name anyway) which will lift what you do have and make them appear perkier.

Alternatively, save for a boob job. Even though I don't like big natural boobs, I do like big fake ones - perky at whatever size = good.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    Thanks

i will be sure to run this by him tonight! haha!

LOL! You'll have to be sure to share his response to the suggestion! haha :laugh:
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm not a fan of big natural boobs to be honest, but I would think he can weigh the size reduction against the benefits to your long-term health and see that is, overall, a win.

You can do chest exercises to strengthen the Cooper's Ligament (I think that's the correct name anyway) which will lift what you do have and make them appear perkier.

Alternatively, save for a boob job. Even though I don't like big natural boobs, I do like big fake ones - perky at whatever size = good.

my hubby doesnt like the fake look and has always liked what i had, bit if a shocker after 10 years to hear that he didnt like them! ok, he didnt ACTUALLY say that, but translated, i think, empty duffle bags, means he doesn like them! oh well, i will drop another two stone and see what i am left with, decide then what to do, but in the mean time goin to try prek them up with exercise!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You all are lucky! I haven't lost mine at all!!!! Your husband is supportive but he shouldn't said that. Some women are sensitive about their bodies, I know I am.
  • barleespringers
    Options
    Same here :-/
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Mine are smaller - which I don't necessarily mind except for the fact that my stomach isn't shrinking as quickly, so it makes my bulge look bigger (even though it is a LITTLE smaller).

That irritates the crap out of me!
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain girls! After losing 75 pounds and 3 cup sizes, it's noticable even to the general public. My ex called me "boobs magoo" for 3.5 years so, long story short, I have been known for my chest. Never been small. Always have dealt with too much on the front half of my body! Not fun because I love to run. Chest exercises and positive attitudes ladies! <3 The bigger picture of a healthy lifestyle is way better than a nice rack! :laugh:
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've never had perky or firm boobs. Mine have always hung there. I've lost filler so now they hang more. No amount of chest exercises will help. BUT, you better believe I'm getting a lift when I hit and maintain my goal weight for a while. I don't care if they're A's by that time. I just want them to be perky and look like boobs instead of overgrown skin tags!! TMI?!
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a small frame and have been a DDD for as long as i can remember. I lost 10 lbs, no biggie, then the last 3lbs i lost (doens't seem like a lot) i swear came ALL from my boobs. They also seem like 'empty bags' like your husband so 'gracefully' said. It makes me pretty upset because like you, it was one thing i was always happy with.