What's the best mistake you ever made?

Options

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I took a wrong turn and ended up stuck in a driveway. The guy who lived there is now my husband.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not using a back up method to bc pills while on antibiotics. Lol Got pregnant after being together for only 5 months. Still together 7 years later. I've done some dumb stuff in my life but I'm proud of this one.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Every mistake I made was the best mistake I made. Because my mistakes are what made me, me.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    sleeping with my best friend two years ago <3

bahhaha, but who who goes into a hotel party not looking for mistakes.

no way i would say it at a job interview though.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was my mistake, I blame it on the Trojan company. But I have the sweetest 2 yr old daughter anyone could ask for because of it. :smile:
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    sleeping with my best friend two years ago <3

bahhaha, but who who go into a hotel party not looking for mistakes.

no way i would say it at a job interview though.

Agreed!

My biggest mistake, to some people, might be choosing to retire after my knee injury from football and not sucking it and playing. I had to think about my future and i knew if i kept playing football, i would not have a healthy future. All the choices we make, right or wrong, has lead me to this point in my life. Learning from past mistakes is the greatest thing we can do to over come them.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    starting a family early as young as 17 years old. i never regret this and the main reason why i learn many things in life. also i'm lucky to find a good wife.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dropping out of college. Well, putting it on hold really, since I'm going back in August hopefully. If I hadn't dropped out and moved back home, I never would have dated my husband. Things worked out way better than I could ever have planned it.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Inviting some guy I met on the Internet out from California.

9 years and two kids later he's still my favorite.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Lol after my then high school girlfriend broke up with me, I dated one of her friends.

Best mistake I ever made ?

I ended up back with my first girlfriend now my wife of 6 years, been together for 10.

If I wouldn't have done that and become friends during that relationship months later after that break up I don't think we would have gotten together again like we did.

Not too many people can say they broke up with their current wives 10 years ago dated their best friend and then ended up back up with their gf then got married.

I was an a hole yes, but it built a stronger friendship through the psychotic craziness.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Missing my plane from Paris to Madrid! There was a pilot strike so I couldn't get a new flight and all the high speed trains were sold out. We ended up taking local trains which took 2 days and had to come from France into Spain via San Sebastian. We spent a few days there before going back to study abroad in Madrid. Such an amazing magical place! Best mistake ever!!!
  • mipanda
    mipanda Posts: 43
    Options
    moving to the UK from Australia when I was 20 - goddamn, I was so naive!

Steep learning curve taught me a lot though, I don't think I'd be in the same position I am now if I hadn't pushed myself to go.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    I moved to Utah from California when I was 18. I was NOT in a good place emotionally and should have stayed home with a good support system while I worked with a therapist. But I got my dog in Utah and ended up moving back home with the mutt a couple months later.

While a lot of people are mentioning spouse and kids, and I've got a pup. Oh well!
  • lyxus
    lyxus Posts: 85
    Options
    The point of this question is not about the mistake that you made but how did you fix it and how do you avoid doing it again
    (i give interviews:) )
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Believing what a doctor says... end product, My daughter...lol
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The point of this question is not about the mistake that you made but how did you fix it and how do you avoid doing it again

The point of the question is to see how people react to questions or situations that they are not expecting.
  • harribo_mum
    Options
    Mine would definitely getting pregnant with my oldest daughter. I may have been in an emotionally abusive relationship and it really wasn't the right time but having het gave Mr the strength to realise I was worth better than that.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Not using backup birth control when I switched from one birth control pill to another and missed a few days in between.

I've never known joy and love like my daughter has brought to my life.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Well, that's easy. Don't use online chats and allow yourself to be seduced over a period of months by some strange guy from half a country away!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Probably moving states away to be with my boyfriend (now ex) even though I was leaving so much behind for only one thing. He turned out to be abusive and controlling, but I got out of it, learned to live on my own knowing nobody in an unfamiliar place, and figured out a lot of things at that age that has put me at an advantage now.