Do you wear a watch?

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I love watches, but I go back and forth with them. I notice at work, under 30, no watch. Over 30, watch. But, I don't know if that is universal.

Just wondering.

Replies

• grotas
    grotas Posts: 28
    Options
    i've always had a watch, i've got one with a timer, great in the kitchen !
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    No watch for me ... over 30 go figure
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love watches! The wife says I am addicted to them! :bigsmile:

6773111054_3238c3c9a1.jpg
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    over 30 - 2 cell phones, no watch.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Only on special occasions, although I do have several. I mostly wear them as an accessory rather than a timepiece. I am always surrounded by clocks....plus my phone tells me the time. :)
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I like mine, but I don't wear it all the time, I am going to be 33 in a couple months
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!!!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    over 30 - sometimes wear a watch, more often than not don't....

I wear it for work, when I remember
  • neverstray
    Options
    I used to have a serious addiction, but I've tapered it down a lot since cell phones seem to do a better job.

While traveling, I noticed my cell would just auto adjust to the local time, where I had to manually adjust my watch. I thought, how awesome is my cell, and how lame is my watch? Just an observation. However, when the power goes out and the cell towers fail, the watch wins.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm lost without mine. Granted, my phone usually tells me the time, but I still love my Wenger Swiss Army watch. (annnnnnd I'm over 30...)
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Just use my cell phone... :)

Just a side note I think of once in awhile.. remember growing up and the teacher would always say.. that you couldn't use a calculator because she said you wouldn't carry one around when you were older.....

Well... I guess she was wrong too.. because my phone has one... :laugh:
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Over 30 and watch all the way. Feels wrong if I forget to put it back on.

I have noticed a quick NSV, have had to change the notch I use this last week.

It is the only jewellery I wear, apart from my wedding ring.
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    No, and i'm always late.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I wore a watch pretty much every day until sometime in college. The only reason I took it off then was because it bothered me when I had to type papers - hitting the keyboard and such. I've never gotten back in the habit for long since then. I still have 4 (i admit, 2 need new batteries).

The few times i've worn them recently is when I work out (my HRM) and the cruises we went on this last year since when we were on the islands we had to stay on "ships time" and wearing a watch was easier than having to remember what time zone we were in.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Ok, the age thing wasn't serious. I've just heard many times in the media that people under 30 just aren't wearing watches. But, my 9-year-old son wants one sooooo bad. It made me think. Lol.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Under 30, definitely have multiple watches... you can't stand between a girl and her Fossil (even though I've downgraded lately) :bigsmile:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I wear my Polar...that way I am always ready to grab my chest strap and GO!! ;)
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    I definitely wear a watch - feel lost without it. I don't keep my phone on me at all times so that's not an option.

My husband has six or seven watches that he rotates.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yep, this one: 440 but only when I workout....which is a lot of the time
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I wear a watch I am 25. I love my kick *kitten* citizen echo drive.