Waist is getting smaller, butt bigger

Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    i don't know about your waist and butt, but that ankle in you pics looks nasty!!!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I've definitely got booty. I've noticed when I work out old school (lunges, bicycles etc.) my butt will often be bigger (by the measuring tape) because those muscles are lifting it up. If I keep going, it'll shrink down from weight loss and tightening muscles.

But, bigger and lifted is way better than smaller and heading south. ;o)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? What is the problem??

This. ;)

But really your butt will start to shrink again as you keep losing. And it will stay nice and round and high while shrinking if you keep lifting.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I must say i am jealous. i only wish my butt would get bigger. So far no luck!
  • sisi1887
    sisi1887 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As some others have mentioned, if You are doing Squats and dead lifts in your workout routine, that's bound to happen lol
  • Foodaholic4Life
    Options
    As a male, it "appears" that "other things" appear "larger" while it's just that the surrounding things have gotten a little smalller. Perhaps the same thing applies in this case. But (no pun intended) in any case, it is an ASSet (pun intended).
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Normal. This has happened to me, I love it! Only thing I'm annoyed about is finding decent jeans to fit me.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Normal. This has happened to me, I love it! Only thing I'm annoyed about is finding decent jeans to fit me.

Look for ones that specifically say "curvy" fit. They are usually more forgiving in the hips/butt area and smaller in the waist. I found a brand called Airya that I LOOOOVE!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, and I love it. My butt deflated as a lost weight. Strength training lifted it and turned back the clock. :heart:

It does make shopping in the juniors' department a little more difficult, since they're cut straighter in the hips, but I can't see being curvier as a bad thing.
  • JoseH75
    JoseH75 Posts: 2
    Options
    do kettle bell exercises to lift your butt
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Is that normal? Ive been lifting heavy weights since the first of the year. My pants all have extra room in the waist now and tight as hell in the butt... Humm... tiny bit peeved....

I'm not sure I see the problem. I lift weights to achieve exactly this result.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have this issue. My pants are lose around the waist, tight around my butt, but right under my butt its loose, then tight on my thighs. My pants can not stay up. Its really annoying. I'm glad its summer. Its easier with shorts.
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    This happened to me when I started but I kept on a deficit and kept lifting and fitting in cardio and now my butt is TIGHt but smaller, at first I think its just a mixture of water retention and slight bulk until you deficit that bad boy down!!
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me! I guess we need to keep doing exercising and eating at deficit & hope it will all pay off! Lil frustrating tho!
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to have that problem.

Lol, me too! :drinker:
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    Please tell me exactly what you're doing :)
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Is that normal? Ive been lifting heavy weights since the first of the year. My pants all have extra room in the waist now and tight as hell in the butt... Humm... tiny bit peeved....

Sir Mix-a-Lot disapproves of this message.

^^ This.

My first thought when reading the title of the topic was.....Jealous!
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    <--- My butt never used to be that big.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Perhaps it just appears to be bigger because your waist is getting smaller.
  • Jayme813
    Jayme813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem with my thighs :grumble: I guess its from building the muscle faster than the fat is coming off in that particular area. Trying not to get discouraged... i assume it will get better once the fat starts falling off.