WATER Challenge 8.11.09

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    There is a water toxicity level but I really don't think 100 oz is anywhere close especially since it's spread out over the course of the day not all at once.

I think you'd have to drink the 100oz in less than an hour to upset your natural sodium levels enough to get actual water toxicity...

I'm in for 100oz today!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    16.9 zo down ALOT MORE to go:laugh:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I hit 112 oz :noway: But I had an advantage as I was up until 4 am working my second job. Today I only work 1 and will be hitting the gym so my goal will be to drink the same amount as yest.

Great challanges btw, I was only drinking 88 oz normally but these challanges are great for motivation!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I fill a gallon jug with water each night before I go to bed and put it in the fridge. I try to drink it in one day, from the time I get up until about 2 hours before bed (don't want to be getting up all night to pee). I am reading this book about hypothyroidism. It says to drink 64 oz in a day (8 glasses) plus 8 ounces for every 10 pounds you want to lose. I have drank a gallon of water per day for 2 days in a row and am surprised at how easy it really is. I did put one of the crystal light lemonade tubes (the individual packet ones) in my gallon and it gave it just enough flavor to make it easier for me. So far so good.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I'm in again today. I got my 96oz in yesterday so I am going for at least 100 today! Only 16 down so far, I got a late start but I know I can still manage it!! :drinker: :drinker: Good luck :drinker: :drinker:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am in 16.9oz in

Am I reading this correctly, Nothing added to it, just plain water ?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yep - just plain water!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the day - just starting now though so I have to play catch up :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    33 down....67 to go...
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Just finished 34..... AHHHHHH :drinker: :drinker:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am working on my first 24 oz bottle right now and I already have to run to the potty. lol

:drinker:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I can't believe I am starting my 3rd bottle @ 9:45. I normally don't make it this far until lunch:noway:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    16 oz down....84 oz to go :drinker:
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Did you know our bodies are made up of over 70% water! Even our cells can't grow without water and our organs can't function without water. Water flushes toxins out of our systems, cleanses our blood and keeps us hydrated. Many times we don't know our bodies are craving water until we are thirsty. By then we are already suffering from some degree of dehydration. Wow!

I love this challenge because it pushes me to go passed what I normally do....around 80oz.. For someone who used to drink that much in sweet tea a day this is a huge motivational tool. I would gag if I had to drink water and now I crave it! :happy:

Thank you for starting this thread!! I am at 32 oz. and counting....
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    32 oz down ... 68 oz to go!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    32 down! :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    50.7 down...49.3 to go....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Did you know our bodies are made up of over 70% water! Even our cells can't grow without water and our organs can't function without water. Water flushes toxins out of our systems, cleanses our blood and keeps us hydrated. Many times we don't know our bodies are craving water until we are thirsty. By then we are already suffering from some degree of dehydration. Wow!

I love this challenge because it pushes me to go passed what I normally do....around 80oz.. For someone who used to drink that much in sweet tea a day this is a huge motivational tool. I would gag if I had to drink water and now I crave it! :happy:

Thank you for starting this thread!! I am at 32 oz. and counting....

I use to be a sweet tea junky too - the more sugar the better too!! Great points in your post thanks!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I had to slow down I was starting to slosh when I walked :laugh:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had to slow down I was starting to slosh when I walked :laugh:

LOL :)