Diet pills??!! ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Options

Replies

• steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Your fiance agreed to marry you with what you look like now, right? So it isn't as if you HAVE to lose weight by then.

So do it the right way...be healthy.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I need to loose weight fast, but I'm having problems with my metabolism and losing weight is taking for ever and I need to lose atleast 15 pnds by August and 20-25pnd by Sept! Why? Because I get married in Sept & get some pictures taken in August for the wedding and I want to b happy and comfortable. So, I'm considering to add Diet pills to help me out! Anyone out there has had quick and good results from any? I need help?! Advice!!
    Never take a pill!!! They can be dangerous.

If you need to lose weight fast, google "Juice Fasting" or "Juice Feasting"
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are, in essence, over-the-counter speed. The only thing they can help you with is eliminating your appetite, which in turn reduces your calorie intake, which may result in weight loss. However, you can successfully lose 20 pounds before September if you naturally reduce your calorie intake with a tool such as MFP. And you won't feel like a spun crackhead, either.

P.S. I just got married on Saturday. I'm about 50 pounds overweight and still looked gorgeous. Don't sweat the small stuff- it's just one day.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience with diet pills but that's 10 weeks away! You can safely lose 2 pounds per week through diet and exercise if you put your mind to it :)
    Good luck!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Take the money you will spend see a nutritionist and goin a gym... That's the best advice i think I read. Honestly do not waste your money... You will be beautiful on your wedding day no matter what, work hard eat healthy and be happy.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    don't take 'em. if these things worked, MFP wouldn't exist.

I don't think there are any shortcuts except to work hard,move more and eat less. as an after thought, what are you going to do after the wedding? make this a lifestyle choice...for life!!
  • Lilllyrbrt
    Lilllyrbrt Posts: 14
    Options
    This one time I had a dream that people used the search button. Then I woke up.

Hey no need for sarcasm I just wanted opinions from ppl who mayb have my same issue. So, please no need to b an a-hole. ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you want to blow through your money like a hole in the head on a placebo, go for it. The only real way to lose weight is through hard work, dedication, and making it a change for life.
  • antiwings
    antiwings Posts: 34
    Options
    I've personally tried the Fibre diet by holland and barret, and while I didn't think they worked in the long term, they gave me a lot of will power.
    I'm someone who snacks alot, so when I feel like snacking I would take the recommended amount of pills and I would be okay.
    To be honest I think it was more of a placebo rather then something that worked :S
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options

BOOM.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are, in essence, over-the-counter speed. The only thing they can help you with is eliminating your appetite, which in turn reduces your calorie intake, which may result in weight loss. However, you can successfully lose 20 pounds before September if you naturally reduce your calorie intake with a tool such as MFP. And you won't feel like a spun crackhead, either.

P.S. I just got married on Saturday. I'm about 50 pounds overweight and still looked gorgeous. Don't sweat the small stuff- it's just one day.

I have tried many different diet pills and I have to say NONE of them had the effect I wanted. All I wanted was a stimulant to give that extra burst of energy, but the only pills I've ever tried that worked was Ephedra. Then they banned it :(
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Why go for the quick fix? If there were really a quick fix there would not be a zillion of diet pills all over the place
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have taken a couple different diet pills before in the past. I can tell you first hand that they do not work. I found I actually lost more weight when I was off of them than when I was on. I also felt very shakey when I was on them.

Like others have said already,set your MFP planner to loose 2lbs a week and then stick with it. No cheat days. Make sure you exercise for 30-60 minutes a day as well as dieting. You WILL see the weight come off. Slow and steady.. :-)

And congrats on the wedding!!!
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
  • Lilllyrbrt
    Lilllyrbrt Posts: 14
    Options
    Just a warning... people will bash anyone who even mention diet pills on this site... this site is full of a bunch of a-holes that think it's their way or the highway. Sorry in advance for all the people who are going to make you feel like crap :/

EDIT: No, I haven't came across any that have worked. Eating less and exercising more is definitely key! There isn't going to be a magic pill that will get you results like a bit of hard work will ;)

Thank you very much ;)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Just starve yourself. Nothing but 6 slices of bread and water. I'm sure you can do it in 30 days...because that's the healthy way!!!

/headdesk
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy no one has been mean about this post yet =]

It's frustrating when you have such a small amount of weight to lose, but I would say to really just do it biggest loser style, workout a lot, try and burn as many calories as you can. As far as eating goes, watch a few episodes of hungry girl (you can watch on youtube) swapping food for lower calorie options is key, you will still feel full, but healthier food goes a long way. Also if you have an hour watch My big fat diet show on youtube, it's british tv and it follows a few women following a 1,200 calorie diet and they basically pick 12 hundred calorie portions of different foods a day. Portion control is the main thing, and lots of fruit and veg =]
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    Ally works and it is safe. It will curb your appetite as well. I lost 20 pounds with it a couple of years ago. As long as you don't eat a ton of fat you won't poop yourself.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    there is no need to waste money on pills!!!! Do it the old fashion way and also the safest way.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I will send you a message.
    Ah, yes. There's always one.