Does anyone pre-journal?

Options
I have found that I am most successful when I pre-journal my week of food. This way, I only have to "think" about what I'm going to eat once a week. Every day is so easy as I just follow what's in my journal.

Am I alone in this?

Replies

• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Premature journaling? That can't be good.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I measure my lunches and breakfasts for the week every Sunday. I like to got with my craving of the day for suppers. Whatever works!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I journal the night before, and then adjust it as needed. If I had the ability to plan meals further ahead, I would.

Edit to add: I mostly plan out my meals, so I know how much room I have for snacks.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i only do this for a day at a time and only what I am taking to work with me. Sometimes I have to modify, because I don't eat it all or someone brings in something else, but that does not happen very often. I don't think I do an entire week, I change my mind too much.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Premature journaling? That can't be good.
    I think you can get a pill for that.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I plan a day ahead to work out what I can have and then try my hardest to stick to it. Works well for me anyway
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I pre journal everything except lunch since I never know what I'm having and then I eat accordingly
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do pre-journal as much as I can sometimes I just haven't planned far enough ahead to do. But I too find I am most successful this way.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's my new hobby...
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I pre plan my meals a week at a time. Makes life so much easier
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do it the day before, so I can plan what to take to work with me, and what fits into my calories for dinner, so i can get stuff out of the freezer if necessary. I could never do an entire week though....never know what I'm going to feel like making!
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I do it for the week, I find myself getting excited when I know a certain meal is on the menu! I'm a dork.
  • super_jade
    super_jade Posts: 72
    Options
    I will do my daily log in the morning but not press complete until my day has finished. I find if i plan out my day and know that i have left no room for errors i eat better then if i just ate and logged it after. Same with exercising i need a plan because left to my own devices i will fail.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I might have trouble sticking with the plan you describe however I often will look up a meal and plan out the remainder of a day.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I log most of my day while having my morning coffee. Then adjust as needed if I skip or add something later.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am doing it every night and working on what to take, so in the morning I'm not running around confused and not sure what to take. Also making sure I have dinner planned for the next night, so I don't have the excuse of we have no food pulled from the freezer, or I have no idea what to make. So I'm kind of sorta doing what your doing! haha
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I do pre-journal the night before. Then, as the day I have pre-planned goes on I update the journal as I go. Since I have started doing this, it has really helped me stay on target and give me a sense of direction in my day.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I am doing it every night and working on what to take, so in the morning I'm not running around confused and not sure what to take. Also making sure I have dinner planned for the next night, so I don't have the excuse of we have no food pulled from the freezer, or I have no idea what to make. So I'm kind of sorta doing what your doing! haha

This is exactly what I do. Sometimes I'll plan breakfast or lunch a few days ahead, but that's usually if I make a big batch of something. Much less stress once I started logging ahead of time.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I do that, too. As long as you don't forget to adjust it if something changes, I think it's very helpful.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, I pre - journal usually in the am for that day, except when I work then the night before I know exactly what I'm going to have. It helps me keep straight and narrow.