Does anyone pre-journal?

Options

Replies

• gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I kind of do this...I'm weird in that I also count my "day's worth of calories" as running from 5:00 pm to 5:00 pm the next day. The reason I do this is because my husband cooks our dinners and I never know how many cals I am going to need to dinner. This way they go at the beginning of my 24 hour period that runs 5 to 5 and I can adjust from there, knowing how much I have left to eat until 5:00 that next night. As soon as I finish eating, I journal my dinner's calories then usually journal what the rest of that 24 hour's meals will be, knowing exactly how many calories I have left.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I take a little time in the evenings and try to pre-load the following day based on what's in the fridge and pantry. It helps keep me on track and gives me something to look forward to.
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do it daily, not weekly. I do plan my meals before grocery shopping, then in the morning I plan my meals for the day and put it all together in my food diary so I know what I am doing that day. It makes it easy to keep track.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I usually to to plan my meals for the day in the morning, or the night before, and journal as I am planning. I cannot plan a week in advance, I've tried- but I can never predict what the other three in my family will want, how run down I might be after work, etc...
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Premature journaling? That can't be good.
    lol I swear that's never happened before!

I do sometimes, but not always.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I pre-journal and it makes my life so much easier... I always pre plan my days and everything about it (im just one of those people) so it eases my mind and im more likely to eat healthy if its planned...i always leave about 300 calories of wiggle room though
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I can't do it, I have no clue what I'm gonna eat from one hour to the next........:)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I could never plan a whole week like that, but I often pre-journal my day up except for my night time snack in the morning or the night before. Then I make adjustments as needed throughout the day. I use the extras leftover for my nighttime snack which is when I usually have my treat for the day.
  • poncito
    poncito Posts: 19
    Options
    when i pack my lunch.. yes i do pre-journal. it works outs for me in the end. happy ending okay bye
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    Occasionally, but never more than doing my day early, the day of. If I know what I'm having for breakfast and taking to eat at lunch I will log it and then edit it if needed. Usually it just helps me know what I can have for dinner when I'm figuring out what to make.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I plan out each day the night before as far as my breakfast, lunch, and 2 mid day snacks. This way I know if I have enough planned out. I am more worried about not eating enough than eating too much. I normally try to keep about 600 to 700 cal for dinner.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yes i do prejournal! how is that bad ( to other posters!) when you log what you KNOW you will eat tomorow? lol i log what i will eat in a days in advance if i have the food made ready to eat. and if i have something different i just change it!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I will do my daily log in the morning but not press complete until my day has finished. I find if i plan out my day and know that i have left no room for errors i eat better then if i just ate and logged it after. Same with exercising i need a plan because left to my own devices i will fail.

I do this too. Also, let's me see how the macros fall and I can adjust as needed.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I journal as I go.. I would never follow it if I did it before.. I would feel like I'm limiting myself even if I'm not.
  • mrcrish
    mrcrish Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't go as far as to "pre-journal" my entire week because I can't plan that far in advance. I do however pre-journal each day - I like to do that because my exercise and meals are pretty much "fixed" so it lets me pre-plan my snacks. That helps me avoid making any impulsive decisions that might otherwise put me over my daily caloric intake threshold.

I'd love if I could do the whole week - how do you manage to plan that far ahead without deviating???

-Christopher-
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think planning your meals is great. You can save a lot of money that way, too.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple times but I just did not like it because I felt like I was being restricted (even if I ended up eating what I had planned). Also, it just bugged my perfectionist nature to have to constantly adjust what I had previously input. Eating it and then logging it works better for me.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i will pre-journal my day if i am trying to figure out how many cals a certain meal (usually dinner) is going to be and then plan the rest of my day around that.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I pre-log per day and sometimes a day in advance but I usually meal plan for at least a week and usually a month, just don't log it because things change (usually me forgetting to defrost something so a day would be switched. But pre-logging even a day helps keep me on track and away from goodies that are not in my calorie count!!!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't pre journal in the sense I log my food or exercise before I do it, but I do cook mass quantities of chicken, fish and pork on Sunday and eat them all week. That way I know basically what I am eating all week and if I eat more than normal I just run further that day.