Who still have chocolate (or anykindof sweets) daily?

Options
I do. Whether it's cadbury daily chocolate milk, or cadbury hot chocolate or milo or cassava chips coated with sugar and chili.
so far it doesnt affect my weightloss. I still have fruits and veggies as part of my diet.

what do you think about this? is it gonna have impact in the long term, like slowing down my weight loss, or i wont get any weight loss after some time?

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate especially cadbury's (double decker yum) but i'm an all or nothing person and one square won't be enough so I have to cut it out all together!
  • momfit36
    momfit36 Posts: 7
    Options
    I do. I have an ounce of almonds with 1/2 ounce of dark chocolate chips every evening, with a cup of green tea. I (sort of) justify it that I am getting a ton of antioxidants :) It has helped me not to mindlessly eat throughout the day bc if I do, I can't have my evening snack. It has become a nightly ritual for me to wind down after the kids have gone to bed. So far, it doesn't seem like it's hurting but it's early yet for me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I do. There is always a bag of M&M's or some type of chocolate in my house & I eat it pretty much daily, I have a huge sweet tooth.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a lot of candy bars. I cut them completely from my life. I make healthier choices now instead. I eat things like Fiber One bars or strawberries with a tablespoon or 2 of the new Philadelphia Indulgence cream cheese that has a touch of chocolate in it. These choices are a lot lower in calories and it makes me feel good knowing I am not putting any junk in my body that contributed to my weight gain in the past.
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do. I usually eat the Fiber One brownies. Sometimes I eat a few Chips Ahoy or a couple of Kisses. It is not to hard to fit something like that into my daily budget and it keeps me from feeling deprived.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of anything. I just find a way to make it all fit. I have a whole vanilla/chocolate cake in my fridge just for me!!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I still eat junk food. I just try to make it fit into my calories for the day.

Why deprive yourself, if you can make it work?
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I like adding like 1/2 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips to my oatmeal with banana slices. It's sweet, chocolatey, and filling. It satisfies my sweet tooth so I don't really crave anything too sweet during the day.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Me!

As long as you eat a serving, and not the whole damn bag, and it fits into your calories, you will be fine and won't gain weight.

Currently have a whole thing of Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream in the Freezer.. and I'm chipping away at it, day by day.. one serving at a time!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY =) This is something I WILL never cut it may be a square of dark chocolate or some chocolate chips but I do everyday =)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have sweats mostly on the weekend but occasionally during the week also. THis is not a diet for me it's a change of eating habits and therefore I don't plan to deprive myself of foods and deserts I love
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I DO! Trader Joe's has a no carb no sugar dark chocolate bar that tastes SOOOOO GOOD. I break off 3 squares (big ones) for 100 cals :love:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate in my house at all times. I can't live without it.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate in my house at all times. I can't live without it. :love:
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have dark chocolate... and a cadbury thin every now and then
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dryers sugar free ice cream mmmm.. sugar free nestle quick with skim milk. Strawberries,berries, and banana slices with sugar free dark chocolate syrup drizzled over...
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I haven't deprived myself of anything!!! I'll tell you more, I'm slightly addicted to Georgetown cupcakes and I have been going once a month (so I can try their different flavors). I usually bring a dozen home put it in a plastic air tight container and then eat a 1/4 or 1/2 per night. My weakness is sweets so I just try to manage them rather than deprive myself.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My husband and I share a Lindt chocolate ball for dessert each night. While the chocolate is nice, it's the sharing part that's important to us and I'm not tempted to break into the stash on my own.
  • lanndriscoll
    Options
    I eat chocolate a few nights a week either a Hershey dark chocolate or a milk chocolate candy bar. I figure it into my daily calories. I don't think you can deprive yourself and expect this to be a lifestyle change. Who are we kidding that we're never going to eat chocolate again. I do however eliminate some of my trigger food (i.e. BBQ chips) because I know one serviing will not satisfy my so it's easier just to avoid some of these foods.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My husband and I share a Lindt chocolate ball for dessert each night. While the chocolate is nice, it's the sharing part that's important to us and I'm not tempted to break into the stash on my own.

WOW!! *pats on the back*
    Don't think I could share a Lindt!