secret diet drops (HCG)

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have. Lost 40 lbs in about 42 days.

IS it really amazing when you are ONLY eating 500 calories a day? Does the weight STAY off, does it Change behavior? Results: Has anyone kept the wt off for 1 yr, 2 yrs after using this product?

No, weight won't stay off, and all of that lean muscle mass lost will not come back, either. Sounds like a winner to me......

I didn't lose any muscle. In fact during maintenance phase, I started working out and building muscle because I was 40 lbs lighter and it was easier for me to do so. Excited for another round.

Do you know this for sure? And I didn't say muscle, I said LEAN MUSCLE MASS.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options

IS it really amazing when you are ONLY eating 500 calories a day? Does the weight STAY off, does it Change behavior? Results: Has anyone kept the wt off for 1 yr, 2 yrs after using this product?

No, weight won't stay off, and all of that lean muscle mass lost will not come back, either. Sounds like a winner to me......

I didn't lose any muscle. In fact during maintenance phase, I started working out and building muscle because I was 40 lbs lighter and it was easier for me to do so. Excited for another round.

This is supported by the BF% measurements of course...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Physiologically impossible. How can people who are experts in muscle building lose it when they go in calorie deficit and you don't?:laugh:
    Explain how to build muscle on calorie deficit. Especially on one that is EXTREMELY below what it would take to build one pound of muscle. A pound of muscle is 600 calories so if you're eating 500 how does that work out?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My stepmother did the HCG diet as well. She lost a lot of weight but she didn't keep it off. She spent like 400 dollars for it because you need to have DOCTORS SUPERVISION while on it. Don't just buy it. The drops help curb your cravings and gives you energy (According to my stepmother) But the doctor monitors you like every week and makes sure that your doing okay on it. I wouldn't recommend it. Although you will feel full the whole time on just 500 calories, it still seems a bit extreme to me.

There's homeopathic drops you can take orally that you do not need a script for. If you have a bmi of 30 or more, it will be awhile before your body goes into starvation mode.

Super duper incorrect information. BMI is not a valid indicator for how fast your body goes into "starvation mode." lolol I am so happy you're on this topic, really.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If HCG works, then why do pregnant women gain weight? They shouldn't be hungry right?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

The reality is that if you're building muscle you'd be gaining weight, not losing it. Proof can be found in 30 day shred threads.... Measurements decrease but weight stays the same.

Muscle tissue is easer for the body to break down.... So on a significant calorie deficit, guess what's going to disappear?

Hcg is found in pregnancy and promotes cell replication. It does not target any specific type of tissue, like muscle. It's even been stated that because increased cell replication equals the potential of more replication errors and cell replication errors are the definition of cancer, it seems like a risk that is not worth taking. That's assuming that Hcg when ingested actually does make it into the endocrine system to change your hormone levels at all.... Which is not even proven.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    If HCG works, then why do pregnant women gain weight? They shouldn't be hungry right?

IDEA Fitness member

Invalid argument. I lose 20-25 pounds with each pregnancy. I go into labor weighing less than when I conceived. Some people do lose weight with pregnancy. And not because I was puking my guts out, either.
  • TahneeRogers
    Options
    Thank you!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Word. I gained 5437895634 pounds while pregnant. HCG Fail =(
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

The reality is that if you're building muscle you'd be gaining weight, not losing it. Proof can be found in 30 day shred threads.... Measurements decrease but weight stays the same.

Muscle tissue is easer for the body to break down.... So on a significant calorie deficit, guess what's going to disappear?

Hcg is found in pregnancy and promotes cell replication. It does not target any specific type of tissue, like muscle. It's even been stated that because increased cell replication equals the potential of more replication errors and cell replication errors are the definition of cancer, it seems like a risk that is not worth taking. That's assuming that Hcg when ingested actually does make it into the endocrine system to change your hormone levels at all.... Which is not even proven.

I'm living proof. I was 125 pounds in a size 6 last summer with 25% body fat, starting eating right and lifting weights and my weight went up to 130 and my size went down to a size 2 with 18% body fat.

ETA: I was eating about 2200 calories a day, too!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Lol, the poster claiming to gain muscle isn't very good at math. She actually believes you can gain 600 calories of muscle through eating 500 calories a day. Hopefully she isn't homeschooling the kids.

IDEA Fitness member
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It is what many people are trying in my group of friends, and seeing them slim down so quickly always makes me think, "mannnn, I'm working so hard and only slowly losing weight.".. I personally think we all have to choose our own path and I never condem my friends for their diet choices, but sometimes I want the quick fast results and get a little tinge of bitterness.

I know that I'm setting an example for my daughters and I also no if I don't develop a lifetime change and great habits (which take time to devlop) I won't be successful, so I'm just going to have work my buttocks off and focus on that.

I understand your frustration but in the long run you are doing the right thing. I've lost 102 pounds in 13 months, it's slow with 2 lbs a week but I know I can sustain it, I feel great, my kids see me working out and understand the benefit, we all eat better and with the long slow method I don't have problems with my skin or other sagging that can come from losing too fast. Because I mix in cardio and strength training I am getting much better tone. Be patient and stay the course and you'll get better results that are sustainable.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm living proof. I was 125 pounds in a size 6 last summer with 25% body fat, starting eating right and lifting weights and my weight went up to 130 and my size went down to a size 2 with 18% body fat.
    Yeah and DEAD sexy doing it! Love ya Bry!

IDEA Fitness member
  • siberianlilly
    siberianlilly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    These are CRAP! I almost lost my marriage to HCG...Check it: http://www.etherealfitness.com/apps/blog/show/15740392-the-hcg-diet-almost-cost-my-marriage
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Read and understand:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/627768-weight-gain-how-it-probably-happened-to-you

IDEA Fitness member
  • slg334
    slg334 Posts: 25
    Options
    Wait...Dr. Oz actually endorsed this product. That's no good, they had to have paid him.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

ETA: I was eating about 2200 calories a day, too!

WOOT WOOT! Those are amazing stats! Congrats!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Something about eating less then my 2 year old just doesn't sound appealing to me. But hey, if people want to starve themselves, good for them.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Step away from the diet drops.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I had a friend do the HCG diet (twice) and when she had started the first time I had made an appointment with a nutritionist. My friend was so excited about that that she sent me with a huge packet of info on the HCG and asked me to ask the nutritionist about it. (I did not read through this packet because I already thought the whole thing was bogus anyway). I gave it to the nutritionist and she told me that HCG is not a good idea because it is very difficult to sustain the weight loss. She that one would lose weight because of the huge calorie deficit. Anyhoo, I told this to my friend but she still continued to do the HCG....and lost a lot of weight....and then stopped HCG....and gained all the weight back plus some. And then she did HCG again.....repeat of the previous sentence. Like I said I did not read the packet because I did not care to know any more than what I already knew. But from what I've witnessed it just seems like a quick patch to a bigger issue.

Happy day, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.