secret diet drops (HCG)

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Wait...Dr. Oz actually endorsed this product. That's no good, they had to have paid him.

No he didn't.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    There's homeopathic drops you can take orally that you do not need a script for. If you have a bmi of 30 or more, it will be awhile before your body goes into starvation mode.

the great thing about homeopathic preparations is they count towards your water intake. Seriously*, buy as much as you can afford and chug the stuff back, it's all good.

*not seriously.
  • lean4life2
    lean4life2 Posts: 49
    Options
    You can do whatever you want,but for me personally,I am done with "diets" and this is a DIET,meaning it has an end,which means it is NOT a lifestyle change and the chances of gaining it back are more than good.I have also heard that you are not to workout on it because you do not have enough energy,no thanks,I love to workout and feel healthy and strong.
    I would rather stay a little overweight and workout regularly and feel good than starve myself,drops or no drops.
    And I have children,one being a daughter I want to set a good example and not set them up for weight issues in their lifetime,dieting like that sends the wrong message to our children IMO ....
    good luck keeping it off for life :wink:
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Side effects of poison, I mean HCG...

Headache. Some people experience minor headaches during the first week of the low-calorie diet. Any standard, over-the-counter pain medication can be used to treat headache.

Mild dizziness. Mild dizziness is not uncommon, but it usually goes away after the first week.

Constipation. On a low-calorie diet, it's normal for bowel movements to come less often, sometimes just once every 3 or 4 days. This isn't constipation. However, some people do experience real constipation. If it happens to you, you can take a mild, sugar-free laxative.

Rash (rare). As your body consumes fat, normal toxins are released into your body. Because of the breakneck speeds at which your body consumes fat on the HCG diet, these toxins can build up and cause a minor rash.

Leg cramps (rare). Cramps may occur due to the lack of potassium in the Core Phase diet. Potassium supplements can be used to treat this symptom.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    the SECRET is there is NO secret. Hard work, dedication, discipline - it ALL pays off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If HCG works, then why do pregnant women gain weight? They shouldn't be hungry right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Invalid argument. I lose 20-25 pounds with each pregnancy. I go into labor weighing less than when I conceived. Some people do lose weight with pregnancy. And not because I was puking my guts out, either.
    So you started off overweight to begin with? I haven't met a born child with a negative weight value so they are a weight addition to pregnancy.
    I'll restate my post:

"If HCG worked, then why do MOST pregnant women gain weight?" That should cover the majority, but not ALL.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • litelight
    litelight Posts: 53
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?

"As of December 6, 2011, the FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and OTC hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal."

It's either a joke or people are ingesteing an illegal substance.
  • cazkath96
    cazkath96 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    the SECRET is there is NO secret. Hard work, dedication, discipline - it ALL pays off.
    amen :-) my weight has stuck for 3 weeks now... ugh fed up lol
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did it. I lost 50 lbs in about two months. I looked like Skeltor. (80's he man reference)

I gained a lb a week eating at 1800 cal after that. I could never stay at my goal weight. Even doing a Steak day. Where you starve all day and eat a steak and an apple for dinner.

There is no pee in the drops. It`s supposed to be a homeopathic drug. What`s that? Think of tea and if you boil the tea once and then add water and take the tea bag out, boil it again and again till most of it evaporates. That is a homeopathic drug.

If your HCG is 12x or 24x as it usually says on the bottle how much hormone would be in it. Once again it isn`t pee its a hormone that can be found in pregnant women`s pee or in pregnant women. Just the get angry when we try to pry it from their flesh. .

So how much. Like a drop in a bathtub?
    Like a drop in a pool?
    Like a drop in a lake?
    If your HCG is 12X it is like a drop in the universe. So basically there is no hormone in it at all. The injections are a different story.

Should you do it? If you want to lose quick and gain it all back just as quick. Don`t waste two years like I did.
  • cazkath96
    cazkath96 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?

"As of December 6, 2011, the FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and OTC hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal."

i only heard of these drops on sunday!! shows what i know lol
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am on my third round of homeopatic hcg drops. I have lost 55 pounds so far and not experienced any negative side effects. Other than maybe dry skin. I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose. I have helped several friends through the diet and developed a lot of recipes that are hcg approved and full of flavor and nutrition. It is true that the 500 calorie diet is what causes you to lose weight, but the hcg hormone is what perserves your muscle tissue while you put your body into starvation mode. The hormone causes your body to release stored fat, but it will only do so if it thinks you're starving. That is why the diet is so specific to include lots of nutrient dense foods to pack 500 calories with as much nutrition as possible. The diet consists of only lean meats, veggies, and low sugar fruits. Tons of water. Unlimited black coffee or tea. No sugar. Only stevia as a sweetener.
    I started my first round in Dec 2011 at 290 pounds. Currently I'm at 235 and losing. I'm 5'7.

GOOD JOB!! I loved being on HCG. Slept like a baby each night too! :)

You slept like a baby because you were STARVING yourself.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I had a friend do the HCG diet (twice) and when she had started the first time I had made an appointment with a nutritionist. My friend was so excited about that that she sent me with a huge packet of info on the HCG and asked me to ask the nutritionist about it. (I did not read through this packet because I already thought the whole thing was bogus anyway). I gave it to the nutritionist and she told me that HCG is not a good idea because it is very difficult to sustain the weight loss. She that one would lose weight because of the huge calorie deficit. Anyhoo, I told this to my friend but she still continued to do the HCG....and lost a lot of weight....and then stopped HCG....and gained all the weight back plus some. And then she did HCG again.....repeat of the previous sentence. Like I said I did not read the packet because I did not care to know any more than what I already knew. But from what I've witnessed it just seems like a quick patch to a bigger issue.

Happy day, everyone!
    People who do it want others to walk in their misery too, hence the sharing.

IDEA Fitness member
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Really?!?! I'm sick of people looking for the quick fixes. If you don't change your lifestyle then you're just going to get fat again once you stop taking the stupid drops.. The diet consists of 500 calories. Why would anyone want to eat that little?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Slept like a baby each night too! :)
    Guess that makes sense if you ate like one.

IDEA Fitness member
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Really?!?! I'm sick of people looking for the quick fixes. If you don't change your lifestyle then you're just going to get fat again once you stop taking the stupid drops.. The diet consists of 500 calories. Why would anyone want to eat that little?

during my bulking phase, that's one meal for me......
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?

You were right to question them, and reasonable enough to listen to the majority of people on here. You are awesome!

(Though it never hurts to do further research on your own.....Forums are never the best place to get medical advice)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    id rather lose weight the healthy way then starve myself
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had a friend do the HCG diet (twice) and when she had started the first time I had made an appointment with a nutritionist. My friend was so excited about that that she sent me with a huge packet of info on the HCG and asked me to ask the nutritionist about it. (I did not read through this packet because I already thought the whole thing was bogus anyway). I gave it to the nutritionist and she told me that HCG is not a good idea because it is very difficult to sustain the weight loss. She that one would lose weight because of the huge calorie deficit. Anyhoo, I told this to my friend but she still continued to do the HCG....and lost a lot of weight....and then stopped HCG....and gained all the weight back plus some. And then she did HCG again.....repeat of the previous sentence. Like I said I did not read the packet because I did not care to know any more than what I already knew. But from what I've witnessed it just seems like a quick patch to a bigger issue.

Happy day, everyone!
    People who do it want others to walk in their misery too, hence the sharing.

IDEA Fitness member

It's called sadism lol
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

during my bulking phase, that's one meal for me......

Every DAY that's one meal for me, and I'm losing...
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Is this thread a joke?

You were right to question them, and reasonable enough to listen to the majority of people on here. You are awesome!

(Though it never hurts to do further research on your own.....Forums are never the best place to get medical advice)

Especially when people on said forum are pushing you to ingest a fraudulent and detrimental hormone just to lose an unhealthy amount of weight in such a short time span. I swear some people just make me want to colonize another planet because I honestly don't want to live on this one anymore.
This discussion has been closed.