Nutrilite Carb Blockers

Options
Has anyone else taken carb blockers and had success? My bootcamp instructer says they block 166 calories and a certain number of carbs per pill after research although the bottle says each one blocks 500. Just wandering if anyone has taken these?

Replies

• mirtianth
    mirtianth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Checking my bottle, it says each dose of 3 pills blocks 500 carbs. I had success even when I wasn't on a diet with these, and when I use them with a diet I lose faster than with just the diet, so I personally do believe they work.
  • jessicalynnhall89
    jessicalynnhall89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Bootcamp trainer has done research on the pills and says they only block 166 calories each but to me any extra calories saved is better than nothing!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Scam. The majority of supplements on the market are ineffective. That's why all of them have a "in conjunction with a good diet". Save your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mirtianth
    Options
    Scam. The majority of supplements on the market are ineffective. That's why all of them have a "in conjunction with a good diet". Save your money.

IDEA Fitness member

Then explain to me why taking them caused me to lose 15 pounds in a month, eating complete crap and sitting behind a sewing machine all day, every day.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Then explain to me why taking them caused me to lose 15 pounds in a month, eating complete crap and sitting behind a sewing machine all day, every day.

How many calories do you eat per day?
  • mirtianth
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Back then, I'd guess I was at about 2400+ a day.
    EDIT: I should probably mention that was BEFORE I actually started mfp to lose weight, I was just taking the carb blockers and eating whatever i wanted
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

EDIT: I should probably mention that was BEFORE I actually started mfp to lose weight, I was just taking the carb blockers and eating whatever i wanted

The bolded part is why you can't really claim that the carb blockers caused the weight loss.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Will these pills make me poop my pants? Because I'm always up for a pill that makes me poop my pants.
  • mirtianth
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

The bolded part is why you can't really claim that the carb blockers caused the weight loss.

I remember how I ate every summer I sewed for that group. So let me rephrase that.
    I KNOW I was at over 1200 calories for lunch alone. Count in another 850 for breakfast since I always had a huge, sugary flavored frappuccino plus some sort of baked good, and we already have 2080. Not counting the vast number of sugary drinks i had between meals. The other 400 or so I'm counting is dinner, because that's still a reasonable dinner at my parents' house for me, even for my current goal. I don't even want to think about the nights I was there late and ate Mcdonald's or pizza.
    And no, I didn't exercise at all.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I remember how I ate every summer I sewed for that group. So let me rephrase that.
    I KNOW I was at over 1200 calories for lunch alone. Count in another 850 for breakfast since I always had a huge, sugary flavored frappuccino plus some sort of baked good, and we already have 2080. Not counting the vast number of sugary drinks i had between meals. The other 400 or so I'm counting is dinner, because that's still a reasonable dinner at my parents' house for me, even for my current goal. I don't even want to think about the nights I was there late and ate Mcdonald's or pizza.

Wow, sounds like you've discovered the secret to losing weight. Where can I get some of these magic pills?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So far all the magic pills have turned out to be rubbish. This one is different I'm sure. This one is sure to work.
  • mirtianth
    Options
    Hey, never said I recommended it, just that they worked for me once. That was definitely a quick fix, not going back to those!

Though, added to lowering calories I feel like they made me lose faster. I was just giving my personal opinion on someone's question, never said it was a definitive answer. Just my thoughts on something I've tried.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Will these pills make me poop my pants? Because I'm always up for a pill that makes me poop my pants.

Anal leakage! Bring extra pants!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Wow, sounds like you've discovered the secret to losing weight. Where can I get some of these magic pills?

Sign me up!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey, never said I recommended it, just that they worked for me once. That was definitely a quick fix, not going back to those!

Though, added to lowering calories I have to wonder if they'd make you lose faster, especially if you have a lot...

And you're now on MFP trying to lose fat the right way because even if your miracle pill did work, it clearly wasn't a permanent fix. Amiright?

OP, don't waste your money. You want a carb blocker? Eat less carbs.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Losing faster isn't necessarily the smartest way to go.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I boil them to make a tea... cool it, then stand on my head and with the help of a funnel, I pour it directly in to my rectum. This helped me block 100,000 calories! Magic!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Save the money and put it towards trying some 'out of your comfort zone' healthy foods.
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to point out, your trainer hasn't done any ground breaking math. The other poster said that 3 pills is 500. You keep saying 1 is 166...they're the same statement. Your trainer divided the 500 by 3 to find out how much each pill would help.

I'm still not going to try them, because every time some "miracle" pill comes out it has massive side affects that no one knows about for years and I'm not willing to risk it. With that being said, good luck. Each person has their own path to health and maybe that's yours.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    NUTRILITE Carb Blocker 2 is an exclusive product designed to inhibit digestion of carbohydrates from certain sugars and starches, such as breads, cereals, pasta, rice, and starchy vegetables.

NUTRILITE Carb Blocker 2 includes a combination of scientifically-substantiated ingredients such as white kidney bean extract and other phytonutrient ingredients. White bean extract binds to an enzyme (alpha-amylase) that breaks down starch molecules.

Seems legit.