Nutrilite Carb Blockers

Options

Replies

• RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey, never said I recommended it, just that they worked for me once. That was definitely a quick fix, not going back to those!

Though, added to lowering calories I have to wonder if they'd make you lose faster, especially if you have a lot...

And you're now on MFP trying to lose fat the right way because even if your miracle pill did work, it clearly wasn't a permanent fix. Amiright?

OP, don't waste your money. You want a carb blocker? Eat less carbs.

I couldn't agree more! :drinker:
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    There is really no need to team up on people... if it worked for her it worked for her! Just accept it...

I can guarantee a lot of people on here have tried so many different things like this to lose, including me!!

Even Mayoclinic say u can take them to kick-start a weight-loss, which is obv what was done.

Well done for being brve and sharing :) x
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Will these pills make me poop my pants? Because I'm always up for a pill that makes me poop my pants.

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Scam. The majority of supplements on the market are ineffective. That's why all of them have a "in conjunction with a good diet". Save your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Then explain to me why taking them caused me to lose 15 pounds in a month, eating complete crap and sitting behind a sewing machine all day, every day.
    Less water weight? Loss of muscle while dieting? If you're in calorie deficit, you'll lose weight unless you're starving.

IDEA Fitness member
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I fccking can't stand MF'ers that advocate this shtt !! it's bunk people, Fccking Bunk!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else taken carb blockers and had success? My bootcamp instructer says they block 166 calories and a certain number of carbs per pill after research although the bottle says each one blocks 500. Just wandering if anyone has taken these?

So the consensus is:

1. Most people saying it's a scam.
    2. One person saying they actually worked but not as a long-term solution.

Bring your diet in balance (fats, carbs, proteins), get your sugars as low as you can, avoid deep-fried anything, get your sodium under control, and make sure you are getting all your vitamins. Start a daily workout regimen to "buy" more calories in your diet.

Do this for a few weeks and you'll start looking at the plates of food you have to eat in order to make your minimum goals for the day and asking yourself "how in the name of all that is holy am I going to manage to stuff ALL THAT FOOD down?"
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I USED CARB BLOCKERS EACH TIME I GOT STUCK AND THEY ALWAYS HELPED ME BREAK THE PLATEAU. THE ONLY TWO REASONS I DONT USE THEM NOW IS BECAUSE I'M RETIRED ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET, AND IF I HAD ANY, I SUFFER FROM CRS AND I WOULDN'T REMEMBER TO TAKE THEM 30 MINUTES BEFORE MY MEAL. I WAS WISHING I HAD SOME, AND CAME ACROSS THIS POST. SO IF ITS A HOAX OR SCAM, THROUGOUT MY 23 YEARS WORKING, I USED THEM. NOW I'LL BE DANG IF I CANT BREAK THIS PLATEAU I'M IN AFTER RETIRING THREE YEARS AGO. MAKES NO DIFF WHAT I DO, THE PLATEAU WONT BUDGE.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Even Mayoclinic say u can take them to kick-start a weight-loss, which is obv what was done.
    Really? Post the abstract on it from the Mayo Clinic cause I'd love to see it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Diamondfive
    Diamondfive Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The NUTRILITE Carb Blocker is not a miracle pill. They are effective and helpfull. I do use them when I am going to have a high carb meal ie lasagna ect or when I don't have a say in what and how it's being cooked, just as a back up. I know there is a lot of skeptisism out there and rightfully so however maybe those who haven't, should at least do some actual reputable research on Nutrilite before beating down the product or the person. This message is sent with good intentions not brow beating anyone. Good luck all with your goals.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Maybe cause high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and will make a crazy person even crazier. It looks like it messes with your brain. No thanks.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I take them in conjunction with my fat blocker and protien blocker. They all work great. I get 0 net calories per day. I have lost so much weight.... weight.....wait.....what is that bright light.....Nanna, what are you doing here?
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID DIAMOND5. EVERYONE IS SO CRITICAL AND "MEAN" AND KNOW IT ALL - I MEAN NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO OTHER PEOPLE.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I fccking can't stand MF'ers that advocate this shtt !! it's bunk people, Fccking Bunk!

Jeez, how about a little anger management?! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion... and you "fccking can't stand them" for it?! Eeek!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Nutirlite Carb Blockers-

First, Nutrilite is a product of Amway-so it is an awesome product. Second, Amway has been around for 52 years-so this isn't some new fad.

Straight from the website:
    "Nutrilite sources natural, organic plant concentrates, many grown on our own farms, and highly purified vitamins and minerals from around the world to meet our exacting quality standards. All ingredients used in NUTRILITE® products are extensively researched, tested and formulated to provide a product that meets the nutritional needs of people on their way to optimal health.

NUTRILITE® is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest and process plants on our own certified organic farms. All our farms – over 6311 acres in California, Washington State, Mexico and Brazil – replenish the soil and avoid synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. They are also global good neighbours dedicated to giving back to the community.

Want to try some yourself? order here! http://amway.com/BPproducts

Of course their own website is going to say all of that - they are trying to sell the product. Doesn't mean it's safe to use.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I had vitacost's carb blockers before a carby meal at a party and didn't gain. I didn't lose anything for several days though, so I'd still consider it a stall, but I know that food would have made me gain without the blockers. (this is all based on my experience with my body and is not advice for anyone else)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Will these pills make me poop my pants? Because I'm always up for a pill that makes me poop my pants.

Yes if it causes MUD-BUTT I'm in!!!!:noway:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    haha this is why america has an obesity epidemic.

you set out for quick fixes that promise results when youre too lazy to put in the hard work and effort it takes to get REAL results.

i dont need a *magic pill* to help me lose weight and i laugh at those of you who think you do. my body is earned through HARD WORK, A CLEAN DIET AND 100% DEDICATION.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think Nancy Reagan has the answer to this one:

"Just Say No."
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Nutirlite Carb Blockers-

First, Nutrilite is a product of Amway-so it is an awesome product. Second, Amway has been around for 52 years-so this isn't some new fad.

Straight from the website:
    "Nutrilite sources natural, organic plant concentrates, many grown on our own farms, and highly purified vitamins and minerals from around the world to meet our exacting quality standards. All ingredients used in NUTRILITE® products are extensively researched, tested and formulated to provide a product that meets the nutritional needs of people on their way to optimal health.

NUTRILITE® is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest and process plants on our own certified organic farms. All our farms – over 6311 acres in California, Washington State, Mexico and Brazil – replenish the soil and avoid synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. They are also global good neighbours dedicated to giving back to the community.

Want to try some yourself? order here! http://amway.com/BPproducts
    Lol, using a sites statement is hardly "proof". That's like asking a killer on death row his version of being innocent.:laugh:

Manufacturers of numerous carb and fat blockers productshave been aggressively targeted by the FDA over the last few years for making false and misleading claims in theirproduct advertising. No surprise here. Anyone who statesthat you can “eat all you want and still lose weight”obviously does not have your best interests at heart.

But what about “scientific claims” these manufacturers useto validate their claims? It’s shoddy at best. Here’s anexcerpt from the FDA press release that announced its intentto pursue 16 manufacturers of such products…
    “After reviewing the claims of the various products, the FDAconcluded that claims being made regarding these productsare not supported by reliable scientific evidence.”

Exactly. For instance…

The most common ingredient in “carb blockers” is whitekidney bean extract, or phaseolus vulgaris. In vitrostudies showed that phaseolus vulgaris inhibited theactivity of an enzyme called alpha-amylase, which is neededto break starches down into the simple sugars that areeasily absorbed by the body. But it’s too early to claimmiraculous weight loss effects in humans. In fact, a recent UCLA clinical study on phaseolus vulgaris concluded…

“Clinical trends were identified for weight loss and adecrease in triglycerides, although statistical significance was not reached.”

In other words, white kidney bean extract looks promising,but its effects are hardly earth shattering. To emphasize this, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has sent warning letters to 16 dietary supplement distributors making false and misleading claims for weight loss products promoted over the internet…

IDEA Fitness member