Cottage cheese with...?

Options
fenrirGrey
fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
What do you mix your cottage cheese with?

As disgusting as it sounds, I seem to like adding half a table spoon of fat free chocolate syrup on 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese. I've tried with salt and pepper and although it tastes fine, I still have to push myself to eat that.

Looking for more simple recipes =)

Replies

• janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese plain as it is but I also love strong flavours too so usually I'll chop up some hot chilli peppers and garlic and mix that in to the cottage cheese plus some dried cumin, oregano and maybe a little bit of mint.
    It's delicious and hardly any extra calories on top of the plain cheese.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I put it on top of little cut up tomatoes and sprinkle some pepper on it. My daughter and husband like it with Jelly. :)
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    I love it mixed with fresh necatrines, and I love it on toast with a little bit of jelly. My son loves it that way too.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I mix some blueberries and walnuts into mine. I have it as breakfast or a snack.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain, on top of salads, sometimes I mix pineapple in with it.
  • dufner
    dufner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mush it up with some seasonings, ranch powder, etc. Makes a great veggie dip!!!:happy:
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like my with pineapple or pieces of oranges.
  • FranKatja
    FranKatja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like mine with finn crisps/ any rye cracker
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    Vanilla and a little sweet n low or I put it in smoothies and pudding (blender pudding) 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup skim milk and a few tbsp pudding mix. Blend in blender. I do not recommend chocolate pudding, it doesn't seem to set well.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    a drizzle of maple syrup
    crushed pineapple
    granola with raisins
    salt & pepper
    i also mix it into an egg scramble to fill it out more

what I didn't realize until last week though, is how high in sodium it is - ugh. drink more water!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    raspberries and pineapple!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    What do you mix your cottage cheese with?

As disgusting as it sounds, I seem to like adding half a table spoon of fat free chocolate syrup on 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese. I've tried with salt and pepper and although it tastes fine, I still have to push myself to eat that.

Looking for more simple recipes =)

You're right, that DOES sound disgusting! LOL ;-)

But, mine sounds gross to a lot of people, too!

I add 1/2 TBSP of Ranch dressing
    Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 Cup (or less) of sliced green olives

I love it!!! :-)
  • jim101986
    jim101986 Posts: 3
    Options
    I actually mash up one sweet patatoe with two spoons of cottage cheese and some pepper for and extra protien kick at dinner time. it doesnt look the best but tastes good and more importantly fills you up
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    a drizzle of maple syrup
    crushed pineapple
    granola with raisins
    salt & pepper
    i also mix it into an egg scramble to fill it out more

what I didn't realize until last week though, is how high in sodium it is - ugh. drink more water!

I've tried it with scrambled eggs and fresh basil leaves.. HEAVEN!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i use an emersion (or stick) blender and mix 1/4 cup or more of cattage cheese to 1 scoop protein powder add 2/3 cup pumpkin and a tablespoon of sugar free fat free pudding mix (butterscotch)....I also add spinach! tastes just like pumpkin pie ! NO JOKE!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i like it plain or with some pepper and i also like it with pineapple cubes; yummy :) what ever you do dont buy the ~no salt added kind. ~shivers~ tastes bad.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I like mine sweet or savory. For savory I like it with salad (instead of or with very little dressing) or with salsa and chips, and for sweet I usually just have it with fruit.
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine on here gave me her awesome recipe. A carton of cottage cheese. I used low fat, but will probably use no fat next time. 1 cup sugar free coolwhip. I can of crushed pineapple. I just used the small one. And a pkg of any flavor sugar free jello. Mix it all together and put in the fridge to set. I hate cottage cheese, but this I loved.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I put that s*** in everything!
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    Prawns and a little bit of marie rose sauce. Very yummy on crisp breads.