Cottage cheese with...?

Options

Replies

• BridgetMiko
    BridgetMiko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fresh chives and pepper is my fave but I also like with some drained mandarin oranges on top.
  • dreamboat2012
    Options
    I love it with raisins and chopped walnuts.
  • zammex
    zammex Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese!

try eating it with fresh blueberries!
    or nuts
    or tomato and some balsamico
    or some smoked turkey
    or with some feta cheese and peppers

it all depends on what your having it with.

for breakfast i like fresh fruits
    and for lunch maybe some turkey (or ham) with some boiled eggwhites
    for dinner with some grilled chicken and a sallad.

you can litterally eat it with everything!
    dont be afraid of trying new things
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup craisins with 1 cup cottage cheese. only 310 cals and a protein punch for breakfast that is so tasty and lasts :)
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love to eat it with cantaloupe and grapes.
  • milli51
    milli51 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Red peppers, Green Olives, and Cheddar cheese (reduced fat). I let it chill for about 15 minutes.

Denise
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite is with chopped fresh tomato and black pepper. But it's also good with most fruit or all by itself. Never tried it with chocolate syrup.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    One thing that I tried in cottage cheese that was very very bad was those "Frosting Creations" powder packets. They are intended to go into 'base' frosting cans and flavor the frosting. They are only 10 calories per packet, and I was super excited to try them. I tried cherry- gross. I also tried chocolate almond one. Also very gross.
  • chrisrollins1
    Options
    I can't stand cottage cheese, but I've been trying to mix it into some things due to the high protein content.

I recently made some tuna salad that was actually pretty darn good:

1 Can Tuna
    3/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
    2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
    3 tbsp sweet pickle cubes
    3 tbsp chopped onion
    3 tbsp chopped celery

Throw it on some whole-grain bread and have yourself a super high-protein sammy!
  • amy_reed1
    amy_reed1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Chopped apple slices warmed a bit in the microwave, cinnamon, and cottage cheese....my go to pre-workout snack.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love to put my cottage cheese in the food processor with splenda to taste and a tsp of vanilla extract. Really let it whiz for a few minutes and ta-da! Tastes like cheese cake. Awesome fruit dip or sprinkle it with crushed graham crackers. Mmmm...

Also, toss hot cooked whole grain pasta with cottage cheese and your fave pesto. So delish! Great for meat free dinner days.
  • miche_pink
    miche_pink Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sliced pickles!!! Im not a big cottage cheese fan but this is delish!!!!
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mush it up with some seasonings, ranch powder, etc. Makes a great veggie dip!!!:happy:

Sounds YUMMY!!

Sound yummy! I usually put peaches with mine.
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    At the moment, I'm obsessed wih putting some cinnamon in my cottage cheese, layering it on ryvita crackers and then topping with banana slices! Delicious and healthy!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and sunflower seeds..NUMMO
  • omegamaster4040
    Options
    I am a science nerd so have to add a note on one of the best things for you to eat with it, rather than just taste!

Cottage Cheese and Blackberries = A Sharper Mind

Dairy products (and fortified breakfast cereals) are a good source of vitamin B12 which works in conjunction with the folate in berries to break down homocysteine, an amino acid that may play a role in onset of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Source: Catherine Kruppa, MS, RD, CSSD, LD: Advice For Eating Newsletter, Issue: #14, April 2012
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. I just started eating it with fruit and using it in protein shakes.
  • charmingtrouble
    charmingtrouble Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    so far I love it with fruit, especially pineapple! I love it plain too... recently I've had it with some cayenne pepper sprinkled on top over an english muffin, OOOHHH and I love eating it with pan seared salmon or with pan seared seasoned chicken <3

I have heard of and want to try adding salsa or cucumber
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Apple and maybe a few almonds.
    Smoket salmon, leek and avocado
    Tuna, red onion, pine nuts and a tiny bit of red chili sauce.