Any one else here addicted to Caffeine?

Options
just curious how many people here drink a lot of caffeine during the day. Every since i have started dieting more and working out a lot, i need the energy. i have been drinking a lot more of those energy drinks, and taking caffeine pills. i love caffeine. any once else.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite energy drink, workoutgirl23?
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    yeah but just coffee, at least 2 cups per day.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I like the monster absolutely Zero energy drinks. or the Rock stars are good.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only coffee and only in the morning.

If you're depending on energy drinks to feel energetic, you might want to re-evaluate your food intake and make sure your macros (carbs, fat, protein) are in reasonable balance.
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i was addicted to full throttle for a long time.. i drank them everyday for a few years. i had to ween myself off. every once in awhile i will have a sugar free redbull just to satisfy my caffiene craving. or diet mountain dew.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Probably.
    I have to drink crazy amounts of liquid for medical reasons and I find soda the most palatable.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    COFFEE is my friend....:drinker:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Just coffee, but lots of it. 4 or more cups a day.
    maybe a coke once a week.
    NEVER energy drinks, as they are worse then coke on the teeth.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    *Raises hand*

Well, actually, I"m addicted to black coffee but the caffeine is a bonus.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I have one large cup of coffee and one can of diet pop a day. If not, I am cranky and tend to get headaches.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love soda, I love everything about it. I can drink diet, regular, brown, yellow, clear, red.... doesn't matter I drink it all. I can't stop it's so sad I quit smoking cold turkey but soda.... eeks!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yup! Completely addicted to caffeine....
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My husband has at least 10 to 12 cups of coffee a day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    COFFEE. Caffeine is actually good for you, based on the real scientific evidence.
  • secondchance82
    Options
    I drink a 5 hour energy about 2-3x a week, and drink 4-8 cups of coffee a day (tully's espresso). I also drink a minimum of a gallon of water everyday, so no guilt here.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love soda, I love everything about it. I can drink diet, regular, brown, yellow, clear, red.... doesn't matter I drink it all. I can't stop it's so sad I quit smoking cold turkey but soda.... eeks!

HAHA! This! Minus the smoking thing b/c I've never smoked. But I agree- I love everything about soda. My addiction is Diet Sun Drop...I love the caffeine, the carbonation, everything! hahaha!
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I used to be.
    Several cups of coffee in the am, iced coffee with lunch, monster drinks and soda at home. every single thing I drank had acaffine in it. But I didn't like wasting so many calories on liquids and I didnt like the chemicals they put in the diet stuff. So I uit. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I felt sick, had a temper and a killer headache for over a week. but now I can enjoy maybe 1 a day, get that iced coffee kick in the am, and fill the rest of my day with water and feel great.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    You called?
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love coffee or tea! but no soda or energy drinks. I used to drink like 6 diet cokes a day which replaced like 6 regular cokes a day. Horrible for me. I finally switched to mainly coffee and water during the day. It takes me about 9 hours to drink half a pot because I alternate water and coffee while drinking at my desk. Iced tea is usually a treat while eating out.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I am a Diet Pepsi/ Coke girl! Just a month ago I was drinking 3-4 cans a day. Poured over ice with a squeeze of lemon....YUMMY!

My skin was getting really bad though and I felt gross. I realized that there were some days where I was not drinking water- AT ALL!!! No wonder I was looking so bad.

I have since tried to drink at least 8 cups of water a day. I know I should be drinking more but baby steps, right? The last few weeks I have had only one can of soda with lunch. Maybe two of the days I have cracked open another can. I am not trying to wean myself completely off, just drink less of it.