chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Replies

• garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Morning y'all. Currently I am, anyone wanna join?

Would my other dance partner be jealous?
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Perhaps..... Anyway, now that I have swung by to say hello to my favourite people, will you all have a great morning? Still a whole day left to destroy.....
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member

I thought we banned jealousy here, no?
  • garnetsms

I thought we banned jealousy here, no?

I don't recall, but do you know that sounds like a good idea?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    I don't remember if you were around when I discussed getting a tattoo with the group. Mine would be a butterfly (because I love the symbolism of the metamorphosis) with my boys birth signs inside the wings and possibly mine in the middle of the butterfly.

So when are you getting it? Is it a reward for a certain goal?
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member

Can I say absolutely not jealous? Treat her good Jer...Snifffle...hahahaha
  • garnetsms
    I don't remember if you were around when I discussed getting a tattoo with the group. Mine would be a butterfly (because I love the symbolism of the metamorphosis) with my boys birth signs inside the wings and possibly mine in the middle of the butterfly.

So when are you getting it? Is it a reward for a certain goal?

Do you know I'm still contemplating that?
  • garnetsms

Can I say absolutely not jealous? Treat her good Jer...Snifffle...hahahaha

Will you promise not to tell him where my "soft" spot is? :wink:
  • PomegranatePriestess

Might I suggest that you research a good artist in your area, if you haven't already, and have a consultation to answer questions about size, placement, etc.?
  • bigphatcat
    Nancy where did you get yours done? I want to have both touched up, but the Pirate tattoo is highly detailed and I want it looking as good as the original. I got that while working in PA
  • garnetsms

Might I suggest that you research a good artist in your area, if you haven't already, and have a consultation to answer questions about size, placement, etc.?

Can I tell you that I already know who I'm going to when I decide to go? My brother and his wife have several tats, my dad has a few too.

I want to have someone draw it up for me on paper before I ever go to have it done.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    i cant wait to get another one!!!

Im going to go in the spring to get my side piece... that is ONLY if i hit my goal weight by then! it will be my reward to myself.

now to lose 13lbs :grumble:

How are y'all doing today?
  • MissyJessy

Can I tell you that I already know who I'm going to when I decide to go? My brother and his wife have several tats, my dad has a few too.

I want to have someone draw it up for me on paper before I ever go to have it done.

Most tattoo artisit will stensil it out for you and make changes and apply it so you can see it on your skin before you have to commit to getting it tattoo'd however they own the rights to any of their drawings so they will draw it for you but you cant keep it afterwards. Keep in mind as well all tattoo artists have different styles of tattoo'ing so there is lots of portfolios to go through to find someone that you love.

My back piece that i want extended into a quarter sleeve will only get done by the same artist because sometimes you can see the difference in styles between the 2 pieces.

Just some friendly info for you hope you dont mind?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Nancy where did you get yours done? I want to have both touched up, but the Pirate tattoo is highly detailed and I want it looking as good as the original. I got that while working in PA

My artist is the owner of http://www.goodmojotattoos.com aka Mulysa Mayhem, have you heard of her? She tends to be booked out for 8-12 months at a time, though, so might I recommend one of the other artists in the shop? Also, did you know that many artists won't touch up the work of another out of respect? You'd want to mention it up front (and the fact that the original is from PA) to make sure the artist will be cool with it, okay?
  • garnetsms

Most tattoo artisit will stensil it out for you and make changes and apply it so you can see it on your skin before you have to commit to getting it tattoo'd however they own the rights to any of their drawings so they will draw it for you but you cant keep it afterwards. Keep in mind as well all tattoo artists have different styles of tattoo'ing so there is lots of portfolios to go through to find someone that you love.

My back piece that i want extended into a quarter sleeve will only get done by the same artist because sometimes you can see the difference in styles between the 2 pieces.

Just some friendly info for you hope you dont mind?

Did you know I love input from others when it comes to things like this?
  • bigphatcat

My artist is the owner of http://www.goodmojotattoos.com aka Mulysa Mayhem, have you heard of her? She tends to be booked out for 8-12 months at a time, though, so might I recommend one of the other artists in the shop? Also, did you know that many artists won't touch up the work of another out of respect? You'd want to mention it up front (and the fact that the original is from PA) to make sure the artist will be cool with it, okay?

Do you know I didn't know that was how she spelled the first name? I have only heard her name and thought it was spelled the traditional way
  • MissyJessy
    i once heard a day without learning is a day wasted?

or maybe i made it up and thought i heard it somewhere....?

Who knows?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Do you know I didn't know that was how she spelled the first name? I have only heard her name and thought it was spelled the traditional way

Did you notice that it is "asylum" spelled backwards? :laugh:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Is this something she is seeking or somewhere she is living?
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Did I miss the tat parade? Should I be getting the TM tat at the finish line????