chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Can I play with you gals? Do I have to read and everything that was written or can I just jump right in

That depends.. Is this conversation about to go off the deep end when you jump in? :P
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,468 Member
    How high does your HR get? I can run comfortably in the 160's-170's. When I am sprinting or running hills I get to 184 and it gets brutal, If I don't get my HR back down my run is in trouble. But you are waaayyy younger then me, so you may be a little higher?
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Would you mind if it keeps your heart rate up?
  • MikeyD1280
    Do you know that Dawn gives great advice?
  • DawnVanSlim
    Do you have that affect on every woman you meet?
  • katamus
    Do you normally study for tests?
    How high does your heartrate get? I can run comfortably in the 160's-170's. When I am sprinting or running hills I get to 184 and it gets brutal, If I don't get my HR back down my run is in trouble. But you are waaayyy younger then me, so you may be a little higher?

I got up to 200 the other day and hit the brakes, went back to walking (I walk fast--4.5 mph or so). Yesterday I got up to 185, but running intervals so I get back down to 150 and then go back up.. This may be because I'm brand new to running? I tried reading up on high heart rates and got a little nervous, so I'm just going to give it another couple of weeks before I get too concerned.. Maybe it'll level out?
  • katamus

Maybe.. Should I be getting my heart rate up on a rest day? :P
  • DawnVanSlim
    How high does your heartrate get? I can run comfortably in the 160's-170's. When I am sprinting or running hills I get to 184 and it gets brutal, If I don't get my HR back down my run is in trouble. But you are waaayyy younger then me, so you may be a little higher?

I got up to 200 the other day and hit the brakes, went back to walking (I walk fast--4.5 mph or so). Yesterday I got up to 185, but running intervals so I get back down to 150 and then go back up.. This may be because I'm brand new to running? I tried reading up on high heart rates and got a little nervous, so I'm just going to give it another couple of weeks before I get too concerned.. Maybe it'll level out?

Do you know that I think you should try to run at a pace that keeps your HR in the 170's-180's. If you get in the 190's sloooow down. It may seem like you are running slow, but you will be able to go the distance, don't you know you can always work on speed later? <stepping off my soap box now>
  • katamus

Do you know that I think you should try to run at a pace that keeps your HR in the 170's-180's. If you get in the 190's sloooow down. It may seem like you are running slow, but you will be able to go the distance, don't you know you can always work on speed later? <stepping off my soap box now>

Did you know that I will take your advice when I go for my run tomorrow? Could you step back on your soapbox for one more? Weights/resistance THEN run, run THEN weights, or doesn't effin' matter do what I want?
  • MikeyD1280
    Did u know that if u run first to loosen up for about 5 minutes then stretch is the best? Did you know that once your done with that, you should do strength training THEN cardio?
  • DawnVanSlim
    I don't think it matters, but I like to run before I do my strength training. I burn more calories strength training when I don't start with a resting HR. if that makes sense. But it's a personal preference, dont you think?
  • DawnVanSlim
    Did u know that if u run first to loosen up for about 5 minutes then stretch is the best? Did you know that once your done with that, you should do strength training THEN cardio?
    ^^^He would know better then me, okay? lol questions are hard when you are trying to have a convo, dont you think?
  • katamus

But won't taking advice from a dude make me bulky? :laugh:

Dawn, how can I thank you for your advice? :heart:
  • DawnVanSlim
    Will you guys have a good night? 5am comes early
  • katamus
    ^^^He would know better then me, okay? lol questions are hard when you are trying to have a convo, dont you think?

Don't you feel like it's a good challenge though? :D
  • katamus
    Will you guys have a good night? 5am comes early

How in the hell are you still awake?! Will you have sweet dreams? :)
  • MikeyD1280

But won't taking advice from a dude make me bulky? :laugh:

Dawn, how can I thank you for your advice? :heart:

Absolutely not ya know? Did u know doing it the way I suggest will help burn more calories? Doid u know that dice strength hardly works your cardio, that if u did cardio first u would not perform at 100% on the strength aspect and strength hardly affects cardio?

:wink: Did u also know you'll still look girlie?
  • katamus
    Did you know that I was totally kidding about the "bulky" comment? But that I'm still a pansy working with light weights til I can move up to big girl weights? :P

And that if I try your way and it sucks I'm gonna be pissed?
  • MikeyD1280
    R u being feisty? Nice...
    Well ya know just like anything, sometimes it takes getting used to.
    Ever check out livestrong.com?
  • MikeyD1280
    Until tomorrow. Have a great night k?