30 day shred

Options
124»

Replies

• madeleinedun11
    Options
    I'm excited to get started - it seems hard but no pain no gain...right?!
    The bf will be doing it too - although he doesn't need to! - and we'll see how far I get before I decide that it just isn't worth it!!
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    can i ask are people doing 30 days straight or taking odd days break ?
    i done day 2 today and thighs are in agony, i so wish i lived in a bungalow as stairs are hell.

From what I have heard, Jillian says to do the 30 Day Shred for 2 days, 1 day of cardio, 2 days of shred, and 1 day of rest. I have taken "accidental" breaks and I have found it really hard to get up the motivation to do it the following day and also a little more difficult to do the exercises than if I did the shred without breaks.
    Try to work through the pain without overdoing it. The fact that you are feeling it like that means that it is working. Take a warm bath and mix in apple cider vinegar to ease the muscle pain and keep at it! You should also apply ice or a cold compress before you take the warm bath.
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to get started - it seems hard but no pain no gain...right?!
    The bf will be doing it too - although he doesn't need to! - and we'll see how far I get before I decide that it just isn't worth it!!

My husband did 5 minutes of level 1 and gave up. And, complained for 3 days after! So, don't be surprised if you prove your toughness and put your bf to shame!! haha
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have the 30ds and I really want to try it again but I fear that it is too much for my back. I see that level 2 has a lot of jumping and twisting which isn't good for my pinched nerves and herniated disks. If I modify the exercises to my abilities, then it kind of defeats the purpose of a hardcore 20 minute workout LOL. I am just not sure on it :ohwell: Maybe I should stick to walking and bike riding for now.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You'll gain muscle, lose weight and increase your stamina. I did 3 rounds of 30 DS and was able to tackle P90X with ease afterwards. It REALLY gets you in shape.
  • Ladywisdom
    Ladywisdom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm getting it tomorrow no doubt about it its going down