Private Daily Diary

Options
Now I'm not going to be mean our judgmental. But having a private diary defeats the purpose of receiving support, advice and direction towards your goal. Why post? Am I suppose to say ” good job logging” when I don't even know what you logged for me to think its good?

Working out and eating junk does not equal reaching you're goal. Most blogs I see people eating fast food and adding light chores as an exercise. Um...no.,I'm not going to waste my time supporting you and answering your question ”why am I not losing any weight?”. I need to see your diary to help.

Replies

• mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I spent years working out and eating like **** and I can say it will not work at all. If you saw me you would not think Id been going to the gym for 10 yrs on and off.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Working out and eating junk does not equal reaching you're goal. Most blogs I see people eating fast food and adding light chores as an exercise. Um...no.,I'm not going to waste my time supporting you and answering your question ”why am I not losing any weight?”.

This sounds pretty judgmental to me.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Working out and eating junk does not equal reaching you're goal. Most blogs I see people eating fast food and adding light chores as an exercise. Um...no.,I'm not going to waste my time supporting you and answering your question ”why am I not losing any weight?”.

I agree. you are attacking people who are probably need the most support. you seem like on of those people that are very insecure about themselves and need others to tell you that you are beautiful everyday. So try to support others and treat others like you would have been treated
  • friendlyvirgo
    friendlyvirgo Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I agree. you are attacking people who are probably need the most support. you seem like on of those people that are very insecure about themselves and need others to tell you that you are beautiful everyday. So try to support others and treat others like you would have been treated

Not when the person says they don't want anyone's advice. Why do you need pals? Why post your diary? Why ask 'dum' questions no one can answer for you but you?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^^This exactly!
  • friendlyvirgo
    friendlyvirgo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I spent years working out and eating like **** and I can say it will not work at all. If you saw me you would not think Id been going to the gym for 10 yrs on and off.

Yeah but some people think they can eat anything and they will lose weight.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Not when the person says they don't want anyone's advice. Why do you need pals? Why post your diary? Why ask 'dum' questions no one can answer for you but you?

So unfriend them, then.

Not everyone is here for support. Some are here to be social while also doing their own nutritional or fitness thing.

To think everyone is here for the same reason you are here is very presumptuous.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am on here for friendly support from people who are also losing weight.

My diary is private, and it will remain that way. I'm losing weight, I'm eating fine, so I don't need anyone's advice on how to eat, so there's no reason to open my diary. Someone does not need to see what I am eating every day in order to offer friendly support, the same way I don't need to see what they're eating. Supporting someone is not just 'good job on eating x amount of calories today.'

I rarely check people's diaries, unless they ask for people to in order to tell them where they're going wrong

Working out and eating junk does not equal reaching you're goal.

Sometimes I eat my entire calorie limit in junk food and then work out. Not often, but occasionally.

I'm 37lbs down. -shrugs-
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

So unfriend them, then.

Not everyone is here for support. Some are here to be social while also doing their own nutritional or fitness thing.

To think everyone is here for the same reason you are here is very presumptuous.

Ditto.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary private because I don't want any feedback on my diet..plain and simple. Why would that fact bother anyone else?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So....once again another 'why are their diary's not public' post!!!

Why...because I'm an adult and it's nobody's business what I eat. In the end the only person I need to be accountable to is myself.

Also - people have been known to make snarky remarks on open diary's. If you're not my doctor or my nutritionist you're not qualified to make judgments on my calorie intake

And - some people have food allergies, are lactose intolerant, have diabetes ect.....it's between them and their doctors what they should or should not be eating. It's a private matter.

It's IS also possible to support, motivate and inspire someone with out seeing their diary.

You might want to check out the search function for more in depth threads on this topic.
  • bethmac_va
    bethmac_va Posts: 65
    Options

So unfriend them, then.

:bigsmile: ^^^This^^^ :bigsmile:
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm here for my own benefit and to give some advice. I don't ask to be friends with anyone, and I don't friend anyone. That's not my purpose here.

TBH, I don't even think to look at people's diaries. I just assume they're as private as I am.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have my diary only open to those people that I have chosen to be friends with. The diary is for my benefit no one else's. I don't need random people telling me what to eat unless I ask for help. If I were to post in the forums asking for specific assistance, then sure it would be beneficial to have an open diary. But I don't and what I'm doing seems to be working pretty well for me.
  • bethmac_va
    bethmac_va Posts: 65
    Options
    So....once again another 'why are their diary's not public' post!!!

Why...because I'm an adult and it's nobody's business what I eat. In the end the only person I need to be accountable to is myself.

Also - people have been known to make snarky remarks on open diary's. If you're not my doctor or my nutritionist you're not qualified to make judgments on my calorie intake

And - some people have food allergies, are lactose intolerant, have diabetes ect.....it's between them and their doctors what they should or should not be eating. It's a private matter.

It's IS also possible to support, motivate and inspire someone with out seeing their diary.

You might want to check out the search function for more in depth threads on this topic.

^^^And this too! :bigsmile:
  • kgprice11
    Options

So unfriend them, then.

I agree if you don't want to be bothered with them, then why are your friends with them
  • kgprice11
    Options
    You "yourself" are the only one that is responsible for what you eat and the actions that you take to reach your weight loss goal.

As I have said before, "You are your worst enemy when it comes to losing weight"
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    I am on here for friendly support from people who are also losing weight.

My diary is private, and it will remain that way. I'm losing weight, I'm eating fine, so I don't need anyone's advice on how to eat, so there's no reason to open my diary. Someone does not need to see what I am eating every day in order to offer friendly support, the same way I don't need to see what they're eating. Supporting someone is not just 'good job on eating x amount of calories today.'

I rarely check people's diaries, unless they ask for people to in order to tell them where they're going wrong

Sometimes I eat my entire calorie limit in junk food and then work out. Not often, but occasionally.

^^^^ This. I choose to be here for my reasons, I'm not asking you (or anyone else) for anything.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Not this again?? I don't need others to see what I eat to reach my own personal goals. Sometimes I open it, sometimes I close it. It's MY food intake....it has nothing to do with others. My friends can see how much I exercise or if I gain or lose weight. Sometimes if I feel like it, they can see my meals. Regardelss, those things being seen by others or having other people say "WTG!!" means nothing to my goals/success.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Maybe they don't care to have your advice.