Last 15 are a killer.....could use your input

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I really appreciate all the input - it's great to analyze what I am doing - thank you all!!!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    just keep at it, it will all add up down the line whether it is fast or not. just kick your own butt. i love workout dvd's, maybe add one on each day.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Are you adding sprints to your runs? The HIIT training is amazing. You may not drop the pounds right away but you will lose the inches. You may want to add yoga or good stretching instead of or half the time of the walk on the rest days. I would do total rest 2 days.
  • chrissyh
    just keep at it, it will all add up down the line whether it is fast or not. just kick your own butt. i love workout dvd's, maybe add one on each day.

Can't do DVDs til schools back in - my daughter in babysitting so I don't have access to the TV right now - that's a great idea though - maybe add 30 days shred 3 days a week.....

I've found Yoga....dare I say it....boring - maybe I need to try again.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member

Can't do DVDs til schools back in - my daughter in babysitting so I don't have access to the TV right now - that's a great idea though - maybe add 30 days shred 3 days a week.....

boring but calming...the sound of it makes me want to sleep lol
  • chrissyh

boring but calming...the sound of it makes me want to sleep lol

:yawn: :yawn:
  • chrissyh
    bumpin for the west coast to see if there's anymore feedback....
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    when I was at 15 to go I stayed on a plateau for a month! then I said flock this and went to a pizza buffet! ate a huge amount of calories, then did not eat dinner, cause guilt set in! in three days I had lost two more pounds. I know it sounds so stupid, but it broke the plateau! I think I shocked my system with all the calories! I have 10 to go now and it is really slow!
  • chrissyh
    cze - I sort of did that this weekend I purposely didn't exercise and went over on calories....still nothing there...
  • czewwhat
    cze - I sort of did that this weekend I purposely didn't exercise and went over on calories....still nothing there...

well it has worked so far and you are doing great, stay on that pony and ride! it will come off! We can do this! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    personally, this won't be a HUGE change, but replace one of those walking days with a HIIT day. If you're doing 4 days of work, 1 day light work and 1 day of HIIT, you still should be able to handle it.

I would also do a little playing around with your macro nutrients, maybe add a few % of protein and lower carbs a bit, if that doesn't work (give it 3 weeks or so), then go back and maybe add a little fat, and lower your protein...etc. things like that. We all have a different point at which our body likes to have balance, some have different mid points than others. Hard to tell what is exactly right for you.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I'm in the same boat - though I think I'm just redistributing. I just added weight training a month ago, upped the calories a little, and I'm holding dead on 211-212 pounds. That's a little above my goal of 200 even,,, but I'm pretty happy with where I am.

Today at work I washed my hands and saw my bicep vein! I don't know if I've ever seen my bicep vein before. I wasn't even sure I had one! Hehehe,,,

Thanks for starting a post where I could vent in a semi-germaine way. You'll get it,,, and even if you don't - you still rock Chrissy. :drinker:
  • czewwhat
    On a side note, 212 looks great on Oscar, you are a hottie Oscar! Lucky wife you have!

That is all! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    banks - i checked into a HIIT workout....it suggested something like...

run at 12 mph for 30 seconds to one minute (this interval requires all the effort you can give)
    walk 2 minutes
    repeat 7 more times

or slower run with an incline

does that sound like what you're thinking....
  • Elaina
    Elaina Posts: 3
    If you and the other person who replied are in the same boat, I am in it too. I am going back and forth between two pounds. Just like you. You may have reached a plateau, where your body is adjusting to a new weight. I had a friend who for at months did not lose and but continued to consistantly do what she should and then dropped three pounds all at once. She also continues to loose inches though very little is reflected on the scale. Your body is stabalizing. You look sensational, I can't get over your picture to see whether it was your goal to look like the second picture, but its you, your already there, keep it up and lets see if we don't both lose I am also within 5-8 pounds of my goal weight, then if I can I may try 6 more but if not I may just have to stay with my first goal weight. If you continue as you are even till December though it seems a long way away and nothing changes, you may be where you need to be sooner than you thought. The exercise can work the healthy working of muscles and form. Let me know I am in the same boat. Your profile I think says that you lost about 77pounds, if I read it right, you are such an inspiration, I hope you will only continue, it is true, the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is, but once it is lost even 5 or 10 pounds, makes a bid difference, remembering that this is now a way of life we might as well continue, and as we do those stubborn pounds may just find their way out, it does take time remember my friend. Thank-you so much, knowing your in the same boat, and there are others too, as I weighed myself today, I had exactly the same experience, I don't feel so discouraged at the start of my new day.
  • Elaina
    Elaina Posts: 3
    How much sodium should you have per day. I do agree the sodium and sugar and any extra carbs will keep the weight on. That's good advice.
  • chrissyh
    How much sodium should you have per day. I do agree the sodium and sugar and any extra carbs will keep the weight on. That's good advice.

I just have what MFP sets but I am having a hard time staying in that range so it's really something for me to focus on.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    hey hun...switch one of the things out for sugar counts.....and just pay attention to it carefully....i only started doing it 4 days ago and i've already dropped 2 lbs (I'm trying to only eat natural sugars) if i do happen to have man made sugar oh well, but just try to keep it low and on this site it makes it so easy...i can log stuff in before i eat it and if it has sugars in it i just rearrange my meal :flowerforyou: not even so much the sodium....just try not to go over on 2500 a day
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    I think adding the kickboxing will help and I'd buy a new cookbook if I were you. Mixing things up will restart the body :) The first time I lost all my weight I found "mixing it up" with my workouts & cooking remotivated me and my metabolism :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    I think adding the kickboxing will help and I'd buy a new cookbook if I were you. Mixing things up will restart the body :) The first time I lost all my weight I found "mixing it up" with my workouts & cooking remotivated me and my metabolism :flowerforyou:

I bought Mahi Mahi to cook - first time I've cooked it...I am also trying the slow cooker chicken recipe - two new things this week!
This discussion has been closed.