Do you still see your old self?

Options
124»

Replies

• ChanniVincent
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with you, I see the old me everytime I look in the mirror, I don't let it bother me because it keeps me thinking I have something to work towards :)
  • Hayley7611
    Hayley7611 Posts: 20
    Options
    I did the same thing! What helps me is comparing pictures of me before and now!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! What helps me is comparing pictures of me before and now!

^^This is me too... I still have a hard time (even after two years at goal) to see the "new" me. I had been overweight/obese since childhood, so it's been a big adjustment for me.

Some days I see the real me, but there are days I still see the old me. It's a frustrating mental struggle. I think looking at before and after pictures help. The other thing that has helped has been buying new clothes. There's something about seeing my body dressed in something new that helps me see the real me.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    No its just the human mind. hahah it happens to many
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    After losing so much weight and people seeing the new you and comment on how good you look, I still see my old self in the mirror, is there something wrong with me, does anybody else have this problem?

Right there with ya. I look into the mirror every day and still see my old pudgy self in the first minute or two.