What is the #1 thing you do to ensure you continue to lose?

Options

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Focus on what you can eat instead of what you can't.

This is SOOOO important. So many people focus on what they can't eat and get frustrated.
  • cestoby
    cestoby Posts: 9
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I will definately keep all of these in mind!
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I regard exercise just like a shower. It is a necessary part of daily life. And on the rare occasion when you don't, that's fine too.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Look at myself..... naked.
  • cestoby
    cestoby Posts: 9
    Options

This is SOOOO important. So many people focus on what they can't eat and get frustrated.

i like This!
  • rangerrastus
    Options
    Log everything I eat and make sure I'm under on the calories. I stay focused on that and give myself pep talks/verbal beat-downs if I go over......"C'mon man....you can DO this...don't tell me your arms are so weak you can't push away from the table !!"...that kind of thing...;o)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Log every day, set fitness goals, not just weight goals - and remember that, in Texas, bikini season lasts for at least 6 months out of the year.

Hoo boy...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    get naked
  • lizblizz28
    lizblizz28 Posts: 166
    Options
    I regard exercise just like a shower. It is a necessary part of daily life. And on the rare occasion when you don't, that's fine too.

^^ This made me giggle :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Wired my jaw shut!! :)

Alternatively, looking in the mirror nekkid seems to work well as an appetite suppressant :)
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    High protien, low sodium. I weigh and measure everything too. Take my lunch to work, I am the fat girl at work . I only work with 6 other women so its really obvious so that keeps me going.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs low (under 100 grams)- six days per week.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Prepare! Even tho it's a PITA, i pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks every night to take the work the next day. If you already have something healthy to eat right in your lunch bag, you're far less likely to run out to get fast food. :)
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options

i like This!

There are many things I can eat but choose not to. Keeping the carbs balanced and sometimes low.
    And, keeping the activity level high so there is always a deficit. Worked well enough to get to goal weight and will likely keep me there.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that this is a lifestyle change I am making. I am not dieting. This is not a temporary fix, and I am not depriving myself. Rather, I am making better choices (staying within calorie budgets, exercising, etc.) so that I can be healthier
  • diamondcrs
    Options
    Watch wat u eat, look i mean take a good look at ur diary, it will speak to u.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Log all of my food. If I do that, I lose easily enough. It's when I get out of the habit that weight creeps back on, ever so slowly.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Preparation for meals, log everything, and eat lots and lots and lots of veggies! By focusing on adding more fruits, and especially vegetables, to my diet, I really haven't had to worry a lot about what I'm not eating!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i stand on the scale every morning sometime more thru out the day depending on my numbers it helps me stay or get back on track and it also reminds me to drink my water to help flush out the extra
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    remembering being fat..that always works for me