Georgia anyone?

Options

Replies

• Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I live in panama city Fl and you are right heat is a killer not hard to get my sweat on though lol:smile:
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    St. Simons Island. Def a treadmill!!!!!
  • SBOwen2006
    Options
    I live west of Atlanta in Powder Springs, Georgia. And I completely agree with the heat. My outdoor activities have basically stopped (I was walking and riding my bicycle in my neighborhood or Silver Comet Trail). I am working out 100% of the time at the gym now, since I help them pay the air conditioning bill. :-)

On another note, this is my first post. While I have been a myfitnesspal member for a while, I was not active. Recently, I had read some reviews about how awesome myfitnesspal is, so I am going to try it.

I am looking to lose weight, but mostly to just be healthy and make good food/excerise choices. I was extremely encouraged while scrolling through this tread and seeing how many of you have been/are successful at losing weight! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • mzthiknez
    mzthiknez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in stone mountain, ga.... And I get out there before 9 to do my 5 mile walk... I love the heat to a certain extent because it makes me sweat more which heats my body more and in return I burn more calories... So it's a win win situation with me... Lol
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Marietta! I walk my son before it gets too hot or do my little DVDs inside =)
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Warner Robins, here...just South of Macon...Try to get the workouts in either early in the morning or late in the evening. The heat is oppressive during mid-day. If you have to do midday, stay hydrated and seek A/C as often as possible.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Smyrna, Ga here. This heat is just stupid. lol You'd think I would be used to it by now, lived in GA all my life.
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I live in Suwanee, Georgia. I try to go in the early morning, or later in the evening. It's still miserable though!
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Alabama! I walk in the evenings -- 6 or 7 -- it's not so bad than.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Alabama. I lift weights indoors of course, but when I walk or run I do it either in the early morning or at night. If I go in the middle of the day, it's not for long!
  • Deborahgil
    Deborahgil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in Atlanta
  • JoeGa
    JoeGa Posts: 25
    Options
    Sugar Hill/ Suwanee. Heat doesn't bother me just cuts into my walks at work ( don't like to be sweaty in the office...lol)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Stupidly close to GA, but I live in Chatt-Town TN!
  • hmalvira
    hmalvira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, live in Atlanta now, but grew up around Ware County. You are so right, too hot and humid.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    haaaaaaaaaa! i was JUST thinking... i wish someone was in my area... should i do an atl post? wanted to go for a jog & wondered if id make it in this heat-- but of course... water is necessary :) doraville here, so add me if ur close & want a partner :blushing:
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Buford, GA!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm in West GA, I workout indoors with the a/c on! :)
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Stockbridge. I usually do my workouts indoors or in the pool, but July 4th will be outside for sure. Anyone else on here running in the Peachtree Road Race? This will be my 17th time

I'm in Hampton GA--yesterday was humid more so than smoking hot. So far the summer hasn't been too bad except for a couple of days.

I'll be running PRR :) What wave are you in? I'm in W (boooo)
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :smile: **waves hand** I'm doing The Peachtree for the veryfirst time this year.... NEVER THOUGHT about doing a 10k, but I've always wanted that t-shirt!
    :wink:
    Stockbridge. I usually do my workouts indoors or in the pool, but July 4th will be outside for sure. Anyone else on here running in the Peachtree Road Race? This will be my 17th time
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In Lawrenceville - walk after it cools off in the evening and do dvd's inside :)