Swollen

Options
13»

Replies

• sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Memaw -

Just read everything in this thread. Looks like you have had quite an eventful 24 hours! Hope you are feeling better!

Glad to hear you are so quickly losing the weight from your cruise. You must be so happy :happy:

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    When I went to Curacao I gained a lot of weight from the salty food, alcohol and heat. The swelling and water weight took about 1 week to go away. I dropped like 10lbs in a week. That being said, definitely monitor the situation carefully, especially if you are experiencing pain.

Keep us posted :flowerforyou:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    They didn't do an ultrasound on your leg? Hmmm

Have you called your regular doc yet? If not, give them a call and let them know what's up. I know you're probably tired of dealing with this already, but five minutes on the phone with your regular doc is worth the peace of mind.

Let them know it's only on one leg and now you have a headache today.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    They didn't do an ultrasound on your leg? Hmmm

Have you called your regular doc yet? If not, give them a call and let them know what's up. I know you're probably tired of dealing with this already, but five minutes on the phone with your regular doc is worth the peace of mind.

Let them know it's only on one leg and now you have a headache today.

I agree. Headaches that don't go away combined with a single swollen leg that is not fracture related are a dangerious combination. Don't let some guy at the ER (who's probably sleep deprived) dismiss the symptoms. Your personal physician will be more compelled to take your symptoms seriously.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, the swelling seems to have gone down and the headache went away with some hydrocodone (I get really bad headaches). So I will keep monitoring it and if I still feel there is a problem I will give them a call.

Thanks again everyone, you are all sooooooo nice!!

Memaw
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. :happy: I'm just going to be the broken record though... Call your doctor at least to let him know what's been going on and get his opinion.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thinking of you
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    how is our memaw doin this week??? :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Options
    I was home all day with a terrible migraine today. I took Vicoden (msp) and some extra strength ibuprofen but it took me sleeping ALL day to finally go away. I also got TOM on Friday so that may have been some of the swelling although I don't usually swell at that time of month. I have lost 6 of the10lbs that I gained during vacation. The swelling seems to be gone so that's a good thing.

Thank you for checking on me. I should be back on track tomorrow, as far as logging in and checking the threads.

Memaw
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I was home all day with a terrible migraine today. I took Vicoden (msp) and some extra strength ibuprofen but it took me sleeping ALL day to finally go away. I also got TOM on Friday so that may have been some of the swelling although I don't usually swell at that time of month. I have lost 6 of the10lbs that I gained during vacation. The swelling seems to be gone so that's a good thing.

Thank you for checking on me. I should be back on track tomorrow, as far as logging in and checking the threads.

Memaw

glad you are feeling better! i still think you need to mention this situation to your doc the next time you go in.

stay healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Memaw, I had horrible migraines for two years! associated with Menopause. no accusation, but hormones can really screw things up. Ask your doc! HRT really saved my sanity!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Have any of these?

Swelling

Gradual onset of pain

Redness

Warmth to the touch

Worsening leg pain when bending the foot

Leg cramps, especially at night

Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/blood_clot_in_the_legs/article_em.htm

It's the symptoms of a blood clot....it's immediately what I thought when I read your original post. Don't let me make you all worried...I'm not a physician or someone who could give you a personal opinion, but maybe you didn't get the proper care that you needed and you need a second opinion. I would go to my primary care physician if your symptoms continue...just to be safe. Good luck and thinking of you!
  • memaw66
    Options
    The only pain I have is when I rotate my ankle (like when you pop your ankle bone) and that's not all of the time. The swelling has gone down. No discoloration of the skin, not warm to the touch.

I really think the migraine is TOM induced paired with stress, we just found out that they will be cutting our hours/salary by 20% starting on Sept. 1. That is a $600 a month less than I make now, so I have been stressing about paying the bills and maybe finding another job.

I am so touched by all of the concern. Thank you so much. You guys are the greatest!!!

I have an appt on the 28th and I plan to discuss all of the with the doc.

Thanks again everyone!!

Memaw