how often and when do you weigh yourself

Options
Good Morning MFP peps!

How often do you weigh yourself?

When during the day do you weigh yourself?

Do you do it naked... or do you wear the same clothes? or are you not really that picky.

Cheers,
Cara

Replies

• lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My rule is in the a.m., no clothes, after 3 to 4 days of being "good" so I either do it on a Thurs or Friday. Also - I do it once a week. No carbs or sodium the night before.
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Once a week, right after my morning pee and clothes off.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I usually either weigh in once a week or once every two weeks, and it's always on a Saturday morning before I eat breakfast.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    In the morning, before food & in a tshirt & pyjama bottoms usually. Try to do it once a week but usually end up doing it every day.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    AM, naked, after tinkling. I still weigh daily out of habit, even though I'm just maintaining.
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    okay, so naked is pretty common... and I guess more reliable as far as consistency goes

I am going to buy a scale today... i don't like using my wii fit if this is going to be a long term thing!
  • mellylab
    mellylab Posts: 4
    Options
    I weigh myself in the middle of the week wednesday, some people say friday is best before the weekend and most people if they cheat will cheat on the weekend so monday isn't a good day. Morning with or without clothes. I try to weigh myself everyweek
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    More than I should (daily) in the AM wearing night gown :ohwell:
  • Shyfire62
    Shyfire62 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every morning, nude and after a tinkle. Wednesday's reading is the only number I record, tho. Sometimes the fluctuations give me a little boost- either to stay on track or a little happy face when I can see a downward trend.. =)
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning, naked before the coffee and after a pee :)

Can also do measurements every 2 or 3 weeks. You may not see differences in the scales but you will with the measurements :)

If there is ever a temptation to do it more often, put the scales out of sight and try to with hold the temptation as results from daily weighing can have a negative effect on motivation. Digital scales can often give different readings 3 times in a row as you aren't able to step on the exact same spot, might have arms in a different spot, can be leaning forward or back. Just do it once and record it then wait for a week to go by.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Harpoonalt
    Harpoonalt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the AM, in the buff, and every day! Some days it's like pulling the handle on a Vegas slot!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    At the moment about once every 6 weeks to 3 months. I don't really have any interest in my weight.
  • mogolo
    mogolo Posts: 30
    Options
    once a week on tuesday morning in my tiddy whities ;)
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning, before eating or drinking anything wearing my work out clothes. I don't own a scale (stunning, I know) and I weigh in at the gym.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm going to say "WHAT IS WEEKLY?" for the Daily Double! I put that question out there and after the responses, I decided that's a good place to start.

And in this case, naked, first thing in the morning, is my choice... (Not that anyone needs a visual.) :laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Naked, after my morning pee, daily. Sometimes twice a day, if I wake up, weigh myself, then go back to sleep for awhile. It's funny how much 'weight' you can lose with four more hours of sleep!

The fluctuations used to drive me mad, but I'm far more accepting of them now. Although TOM was a bummer this month, since I thought my water weight gain would be before I started and go the shock of my life next day when I 'gained' two pounds out of nowhere.
  • scottsa
    scottsa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key:
    I don't own a scale at home so I make it a point to get weighed every week, on Thursday afternoon on the same scale (*this is key) at work. I take off my shoes and any layers such as a jacket or cardigan. I think that playing tricks like waiting on a day that I feel "light" although tempting, I realize that I am only misleading myself so I go for a general and consistent norm.

And I do measurements on the 12th of every month, the 12th being the day in February that I started with My Fitness pal...now down 16lbs!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Every day, in the morning, after taking care of morning business, before taking a shower.
  • izzythompo
    Options
    I do it daily and I find it totally effects my motivation (in a negative way) but just can't seem to break the habit!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I do it daily which I'm actually going to break that habit. I changed up my calories and workouts and I'm thinking of waiting 30 days (or so) before I weigh myself again.

With that said when I do weigh myself it's:

- In the morning
    - Naked
    -After I've used the bathroom

My weight fluctuates 2-4 lbs up or down a day which effects me in a negative way and which is why I'm going to (try) and not weigh myself for a while.

I haven't done my measurements in a while either. That I think is going to wait until I decide to weigh myself again.