Friends in the RED - to delete or not to delete??

Options
DMUND
DMUND Posts: 299 Member
I hate to delete anyone from my friend's list. However, there are getting to be quite a few that are in the RED....a couple days here and there, ok...I'm fine with that. But "months", do I let them go and make room for new, supportive friends??

I would love to have lots of supportive friends. I am also torn as to delete the inactive ones, maybe they are going through a rough patch and will need the support when they get back on?? What are your thoughts??

Also, I'd love to support more people and have more people support me....so, if you like to join my "circle of friends", please send me a short message as to why you feel we'd make a great support system for each other.

Thanks! :D

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'd worry more about you and your goals. Also try being supportive of those people that have been going over lately. Maybe they are struggling with their diet/exercise routine and need a bit of support from YOU.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I delete 'most' red friends not logged in NOT over calories (WE ALL DO THAT NOW AND AGAIN)... but some long term ones I keep, I do a MFP cull every so often too, I also don't have loads of pals... this isn't facebook :)

Feel free to add me

PEACE
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    I tend to go 2 weeks, like a two week notice but I have heard the argument that you should keep them. I say figure out a reasonable amount if time and cut when needed. Hope that helps.
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just a thought... Maybe its your friends in the RED who really need more support.
  • JoeGa
    JoeGa Posts: 25
    Options
    being new, what does being in the "red" mean?
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I usually delete the ones that go into the red..and if they are gone more than 5-7 days without logging. I figure that life got in the way for them like it did with me last year. It happens.
  • Family_Man
    Options
    I'd worry more about you and your goals. Also try being supportive of those people that have been going over lately. Maybe they are struggling with their diet/exercise routine and need a bit of support from YOU.
    You meant time not logged not a bad diary right?
  • Family_Man
    Options
    "has not logged in so many days"
  • dbarnaba1
    dbarnaba1 Posts: 1
    Options
    when your calories go over for the day, you are in the "red".
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
  • JoeGa
    JoeGa Posts: 25
    Options
    "has not logged in so many days"

oh, I see. Thanks!
  • cfieds
    cfieds Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    From the point of view from one of those "not logged in in months" people:

I got super busy with work and then hit a really bad spot with chronic pain issues...and it was a wake up call to have my neurosurgeon tell me that I really should lose the 30lbs I gained in the past year. So here I am again, much more serious than last time.

Sometimes, those months are just life getting in the way.

But then, I also would not be surprised nor offended if someone were to oust me from a friends list because I hadn't logged on in awhile--obviously, I wouldn't be very supportive if I'm not logged in!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't worry so much about how long it's been since they've logged in. I mostly delete people who don't give any support back.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I deleted a few that have been gone 8 months, 10 months, etc. If it is a week or 2 I don't. Sometimes life gets in the way and I fully understand. Like others have said maybe they are having a rough patch and will need the support more then ever when they return.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't worry so much about how long it's been since they've logged in. I mostly delete people who don't give any support back.

That too. I understand though that it can be hard to keep up with everyone.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I deleted 1 once and then got an ugly message from her about it, so I haven't deleted anymore since then :frown:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You never know what they could be going through.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,003 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you need to delete them or not. That is up to you. But before you do, do you know by how many calories they are going over? I mean, I've been in the red a couple of times when I was over by less than 50 calories. And, I can go over by 300 or so and still be losing weight. It is just a guide, after all.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    delete them.
  • Family_Man
    Options
    It looks like your husband ( I assume) hasn't logged in 8 days, this just got interesting!:laugh:

Just playing around.:tongue: