Veterinary technician!
  • laurannjeffrey
    Options
    Activity Therapy at Larned Juvenile Correctional Facility
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    High School Band Director

Left, right, you're wrong it's (pause) not right it's left and you know it, (pause) that's right!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Atlantas Realtor of Choice!! Pushin that real estate!!
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Director of a Project Management Office at an IT consulting firm
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I work in the restaurant industry. Working on becoming a chef.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just about to transition from an online customer service position to a new career.. Finally get to use my skills to be a full time concept artist! YAY :D
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Collections, Don't hate me.. I'm nice, unless you're not.. then I'm nice nasty. ;)
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Midnight hospital pharmacist...
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Industrial Hygienist for the State of California, specializing in pesticides.

And no, an industrial hygienist does not clean gear teeth.
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    I recieve and respond to what is essentially hate mail for a large bank... Ok so it's not ALL hate mail but that sounds more fun xD
  • angel4evergvng
    angel4evergvng Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i work in a gun factory-
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Professional Body Crafter (We own a tattoo and piercing studio).

Do you give MFP member's discounts? xD
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    fiction writer and a stay at home mom. best jobs ever

And this is what I will someday do haha :)

what kind of stuff do you write?

I write fiction for people around my age. It's not considered YA because my characters are in their twenties....somehow I still think it's YA ;)

I just finished a novel about addiction (drugs, alcohol, abuse.) I have had ideas for fantasy, drama, romance, and have even written a race horse novel. My ideas have made it to the second and third round of the Amazon Novel Award Contest but have yet to get past that....currently seeking an agent :)

There should be more books targeting people in their twenties. I drives me crazy when I realize the heroine of a book is 13-16. Lame.

i know there are several publishers sort of pushing for books with young adults literally as the characters. I also write YA. though my characters are older teenagers and, yes, sometimes even into their early 20's. my average age of characters is 17 but my last book has a 15 yo, 16 yo, three 19 yos and a 20 yo. so i really kind of run the gamut. but the idea isn't really catching on wildly, though i think it should because even the thinnest research shows that many adults are YA readers and there's definitely a less tapped market there.

Yeah, i've been doing the shopping for an agent thing for literally years. I do have some adult books out where you don't need an agent but breaking into YA without an agent is almost impossible. even publishers who normally accept unagented manuscripts for all of their lines won't accept YA manuscripts unsolicited. it's very frustrating. and the YA paranormal market is wildly over saturated and even though i actually write urban fantasy, not paranormal and no it is not the same thing, it gets lumped together and i've had more than one agent tell me that if you don't have a name for yourself already or some stunning high concept they just aren't interested. but contemporary is really demand right now. and it sounds like that's what you're writing.

we should be friends. i'll send you a friend invite.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am a Team Lead at a mortgage company. I sit in a chair all day and tell people what to do.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I work in event marketing. I travel across the country producing promotional events. If you went anywhere and got something cool for free I probably gave it to you. LOL
  • stenotraveler
    stenotraveler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Court reporter. When I'm in court, you better not talk too fast or interrupt each other (The judge's got my back...) And, PLEASE, no "it's like, you know, um, like, you know what I mean?"

And you wouldn't believe the stories you hear...
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I manage an apartment complex AND I'm a single mom. Some days it feels like I have about 400 children.
  • kllyeve
    kllyeve Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Medical Laboratory Technologist working in Anatomic Pathology.

I cut up dead pieces of people - when you have something removed like a mole or your appendix they send it to me!! I transform it from a dead piece into a thin slice on a slide for a Pathologist (dr) to read and diagnose.