I can already tell this is going to be a problem...

Options
13»

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your pregnancy!

Second, congrats on seeing a nutritionist and getting a plan in place. It sounds like a reasonable plan that will benefit you and your child.

Third, you don't have diabetes NOW. You have a family history (your father) and you are overweight. You may be at risk for gestational diabetes. These are all good reasons to follow this plan (which is supported by your doctor and your nutritionist).

I would suggest that you take a deep breath and follow their instructions. It may seem overwhelming, but I'm sure they are doing this to benefit you and your unborn child.

^^^^ I came to type this, but I'll quote it instead. You're getting good advice, both for you and your baby.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    the nutritionist sounds like he/she relies on a lot of Broscience.

It doesn't matter what time you eat during the day, there is certainly no specific time to eat specific food.

It sounds like they've made it too complicated.

The numbers don't sound bad, but maybe you shouldn't get tied up in numbers just now.
    Cut down on breads, pastas, rice and sweets.

Up your protein (meat, dairy etc)
    Get your carbs from vegetables, fruit (but not too much fruit as it's high in sugar and sometimes cals)

Just keep it simple, and ask your doctor to be more specific, because a lot of nutritionists don't seem to be very reliable.