Worst NSV EVER!

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Until I got close enough to my first GW that I knew it would take like a few months to change sizes again I just shopped at garage sales and goodwill :) Otherwise it's too pricy. I know I'll go down in sizes again but it probably wont be until the weather gets a tad cooler so I got some okay "Ross and TJ Maxx" clothes to tide me through the summer. (For example the outfit in my avatar pic is a top on clearance from kholes and shorts on clearance at TJ Maxx)

When I truely meet my happy body I will go nuts at Nordstroms or something :)
  • LiV4LuVorDiE
    Options
    lmao at the comando comment....and yes, it is expensive to lose weight, but i love to have an excuse to go shopping!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    About a month before before I began my weight loss I had to buy new underware, Now they are all literally falling off! It's the worst NSV ever! That and I have only 3 pairs of pants that fit. I'm going clothes shopping today. Man, losing weight is expensive and I'm only half way to goal.

This is why eBay has been a lifesaver for me, I sell the too big stuff and replace it with the money I earn. Well, maybe not underwear :laugh:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pick up some cheap new underwear, since you'll be shrinking out of it. Hit the thrift stores for "transition" clothing. I'm back to where I want to be, but I still love the thrift stores. I find name brands, in great condition, for a fraction of their original prices. The smaller you get, the easier it is to find good bargains. Enjoy your success!
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Nothing fits and I don't have money to buy new clothes...again

I am in the same boat. All of my clothes are sagging and making me look crazy, yet I can't afford to buy new ones. Plus I know I am still gonna keep loosing weight so I am just going to keep working out then when I reach my goal buy new clothes. I also try to shrink my clothes a bit while washing so they fit a little better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :laugh:
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oooohhh Nooo this is actually GREAT timing Victorias Secrets biannual sale started yesterday for the undies, and my suggestion fir clothes....Hit up Good Will, Salvation Army or Savers, or any consignment store in your area...I've dropped 3 sizes and new clothes are expensive. Wishing you continued success !!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My worst NSV ever was my wedding ring almost falling down the sink because it was two sizes too big all of a sudden! It was a close call!!

Had this happen to me too!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    All successful weight loss folks end up commando in the long run.

yupper!! hit it right on the nose there!!..lol...
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    All my shorts and jeans are baggy now. So, I just pretend I'm a 17 year old inner city youth and let em hang down.
    LOL
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I bought a new suit last year around this time. Only took a few months of weight loss for it to be WAY too big on me.
  • NiSan12
    Options
    Oooohhh Nooo this is actually GREAT timing Victorias Secrets biannual sale started yesterday for the undies, and my suggestion fir clothes....Hit up Good Will, Salvation Army or Savers, or any consignment store in your area...I've dropped 3 sizes and new clothes are expensive. Wishing you continued success !!
    Thrift stores are my new hobby LOL
  • NiSan12
    Options
    Please tell me what NSV means.

I have the same question.. what is NSV? "Neat sailor vests?" :tongue:

LOL
    I just asked that same question today it's
    NON SCALE VICTORY
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

WINNER!!!!!
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options

:)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I can tell when I'm losing fat (which may or may not result in a loss on the scale) because my excess skin starts to look worse. Ewww, nasty--must be losing fat! Not. Fun.

Also, when I moved last year I got rid of all my "fat clothes," including giving away some nice clothes that still had the tags on them--someone lucked out thrift store shopping. In all honesty though, I didn't mind that much, since I'm glad those clothes don't fit anymore.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My worst NSV ever was my wedding ring almost falling down the sink because it was two sizes too big all of a sudden! It was a close call!!

Hahaha! My husband bought me a past, present, and future ring for our 10th anniversary. Very nice! One day I was loading the washer and noticed that my ring was gone!! I had to pull out all the laundry and look through it to find it..lol! Needless to say, it is now safe in my jewelry box...
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    losing weight is costly. alot of people dont mention that when they talk about weight loss. i wish they did because it is a real issue. money & weight loss! its a price that comes along with it.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    About a month before before I began my weight loss I had to buy new underware, Now they are all literally falling off! It's the worst NSV ever! That and I have only 3 pairs of pants that fit. I'm going clothes shopping today. Man, losing weight is expensive and I'm only half way to goal.

Buy a nice belt....you may start a new trend.
    Wear them over your jeans that will pad them out a little.
    Buy some J-lo spanx type pants that you can add extra padding for butt cheeks to that will deffo pad them out
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    Are you kidding me? The worst NSV might be needing to buy a bra in the kiddie section of Walmart.. Not under ware being too big... That sounds like a dream come true...
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Go commando! Just make sure you have pants that fit :blushing: