I've always wanted to be....?

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    A clown lol then a comedian then a veternarian then a therapist, i turned out to be a full time mom. :)

so you do all of the above? :)
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    A surgeon. Specifically heart or brain.

I don't do well with blood, however, so that was kind of a problem. :brokenheart:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    as a kid, teen, whatever, I'm sure 95 percent of us did not want to be what we are now.

What did you want to be? (beyond ballerinas and firefighters)

I always wanted to be a dentist. Then it turned into being a forensic dentist... I have a weird obsession with teeth.

A Neuro-Surgeon...Ended up a Lawyer. And it fits who I am; I am an Advocate by Nature, have a bit of the "Gift of Gab and Blarney..." and don't mind being an "underdog, hella fighter!"
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    When I was little, it was a rock star. Highschool-psychologist, as an adult-Social Work which I'm starting my eduation for this September :D
  • generallee56
    Options
    A chef. But took a job as a dispatcher and was comfortable . Then, as life punts you, I lost my job because co. moved. And at 56, I got to start a new carrier.....Im in culinary school now and will graduate in the year 2013. I HAVE TEE SHIRTS OLDER THAN MOST OF MY CLASS MATES!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I actually did want to be a ballerina. And a paleontologist and a geneticist
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an actress or a singer. I loved both. I was good at both (in my head at least). I mean, even now, if I could be an actress, I would be. Being able to step on stage, assume a new identity and get to live in that one for a little while was such a wonderful feeling. To be able to escape MY reality for a few hours was great. I still love the smell of the theater and the feel of the crappy costume material. The tension in the groups within the group. The ones that always wanted to be more and the ones that always wanted to fade into the background. ..... I could have done it too....... I know I could have.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a biochemist. Not just any biochemist but more like the movie Medicine Man. I cant think of anything cooler than living in the rainforest and finding medicines. I even went to college for it. But reality sets in quick at that age. lol
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid, a Marine Biologist. High school , a psychologist, and turns out Im a banker
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be a vet until I went with my mom to take our dog and cried because they gave him a shot. Too emotional for that line of work. Now I'm an accountant.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be Rockette- until I figured out that you have to be thin and be able to kick really high. Neither are my strong attributes. So now I am a lawyer.

One of my good friends in high school wanted to be Rockette---she had all the right attributes and could kick perfectly, but she was only 5'2"...their height requirement is 5'7" I believe :cry:
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    a newsreporter
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    a writer. im a legal transcriptionist.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an Author, or the first female President. I'm going to school for Creative Writing and German right now. The presidential thing is not very appealing anymore; although I would like to make a difference in people's lives somehow.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Batman. ALWAYS be Batman.
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My designs on being a high priced gigolo fell through when, well, I didn't get any clients. :sad:

I wanted to be a Chef. Well before all the reality craze. Grew up around restaurants and food.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    As a younger kid, a Lawyer. As I got older, I wanted to get into Forensic Science. I am a justice junkie.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Scarlett O'Hara...
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid, a Marine Biologist. High school , a psychologist, and turns out Im a banker

My Daughter want to be a Marine Biologist :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    oh and I also wanted to be the weather lady on t.v. when i was a preteen,...