Facebook Vs MFP

Options

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you guys, I am totally on MFP more than I am on Facebook. I get more support from here than I do Facebook. And I love to read all the cool threads and find out about different recipes and how my friends are doing. This is an amazing website and to think I found it through an app on my Droid phone. I am so glad that I found the app on my phone and the website. It is so amazing!!!
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gave up facebook and now dedicate my time to mfp and getting healthy.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    FB = people you know in real life who have millions of different goals & interests.
    MFP = people you don't know in real life with common goals & interests.

People tend to hang tighter with those who have same common goals and interests.

Perfect.
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    I must say MFP has become my Facebook just because it's a lot of my interests in one place. Same goal oriented mindsets stick close together even when we are just playing around here.

I have many friends on facebook that really don't care for fitness so I stay away from them and it's not because I don't like them... I am a driven person so same mindsets are awesome.

Been thinking of deleting my Facebook for a while and may do it still yet.

The cons of not having fb is people you know may not be contact with you as much... I seems nobody uses email anymore!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've never used Facebook, but I really enjoy MyFitnessPal.
    I love having people that have similar goals as mine to share my successes and worries with :)
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    Twitter is awesome and like I better than Facebook!
  • capabledesire
    Options
    FB = people you know in real life who have millions of different goals & interests.
    MFP = people you don't know in real life with common goals & interests.

People tend to hang tighter with those who have same common goals and interests.

Agree totally...

This
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    lol i call MFP my postive spin of Facebook. :flowerforyou:
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    I use both about the same. I just had a daughter so I use facebook to share photos with my entire family. Since they are all over, yep even over seas. But I do find myself on MFP a bit more then Facebook some days, when my daughter lets me play on my computer for 5 minutes.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have facebook and MFP don't have a twitter account. I am on mfp more than fb
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I like Facebook for the purpose it serves. I like MFP for the purpose it serves. :drinker:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I used to love/use MFP way more than Facebook but now I like and use them both a lot. I like Facebook because you can post pics and "like" a status. I find myself wishing some of my MFP friends were my Facebook friends......maybe too personal though??
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    they're for two different purposes!

Are they really though?

Personally...with the exception of my friends that are on both I prefer my mfp friends... They are just way less judgemental and drama filled.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to pick one over the other? I have both open in separate tabs and can flip back and forth. Sometimes I even copy/paste my status updates from one to the other /shrug
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to pick one over the other? I have both open in separate tabs and can flip back and forth. Sometimes I even copy/paste my status updates from one to the other /shrug

Same here - they're the first 2 things I open (after checking my e-mail) when I log on my computer. Also got shortcuts to both on the homescreen of my phone :tongue:
    They both serve their purposes :smile:
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love them both.
  • joannlynn2
    joannlynn2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow...all negative posts about FB - I don't have the drama issue, I suppose because of the kinds of friends I keep..I love Facebook because my close friends, family, and Zumba network is on there - so it's great. I live far away from a lot of people i love, and we share photos, etc.

Here on MFP, I don't know anyone personally - It's very different, but I think they are both good in their own way.
  • joannlynn2
    Options
    Me too :)
  • joannlynn2
    Options
    I love them both.

Me too :)
  • joannlynn2
    Options

Same here - they're the first 2 things I open (after checking my e-mail) when I log on my computer. Also got shortcuts to both on the homescreen of my phone :tongue:
    They both serve their purposes :smile:

I agree with you - do the same thing :)