Sarcasm Anyone?

Options
I recently came across a post that was put up by a lady asking the question of "Does wearing Spanx help with weightloss?" What bothered me is that some people made VERY sarcastic remarks! One girl kept on making remarks like "Does wearing a hat make you not have hair?" or "If i buy pants too small, they will make me lose weight?" Honestly if your going to answer the question with a sarcastic remark then don't answer it. For me this is a place for motivation to lose weight and be healthy and with rude comments such as this, do you really expect me to be motivated or to ask more questions towards my weightloss? Even if the question does seem a little weird. Sorry I don't mean to rant, but this just really bugged me lol. Anywho, for me I believe that Spanx can help in some way, which way it helps really depends on the person. For me it helps in my workouts, i don't feel all jiggly when I run. Also it makes me sweat more and get rids of whatever is in my bod. Now i'm off to do a workout... in MY SPANX! LOL :laugh:

Replies

• _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I hear you! People can be very rude at times! "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!"
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I dont think I like the message boards anymore - I wanted people to reply to my posts and now I worry if someone is going to be rude :(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's a message board.. and the rude people have just as much right to be here and be rude, and you do to complain about them.

You can't control what everyone does nor can you make them change.. so instead of trying, focus on you and maybe stay off the message boards if it bothers you so much.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    *looks around assuming this is where my people gathered...*

sorry some of us just can't resist
    I was here for the sarcasm.

And no, Spanx won't help you lose weight.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to talk without being sarcastic. If I think somebody's question/statement is ridiculous, I'm probably going to give a sarcastic remark instead of saying what I really think...now THAT would be rude.
  • MsPresley88
    MsPresley88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ah Very true! This is like my third time being on these message boards lol...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If someone I loved dearly were sitting in the same room and asked that question, you better believe I wouls have a sarcastic remark. And I would on here, too, because COME ON! What do you expect after a question like that?
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I hear you! People can be very rude at times! "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all!"

This exactly!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't take advice from cartoon rabbits.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I recently came across a post that was put up by a lady asking the question of "Does wearing Spanx help with weightloss?" What bothered me is that some people made VERY sarcastic remarks! One girl kept on making remarks like "Does wearing a hat make you not have hair?" or "If i buy pants too small, they will make me lose weight?"

Coud someone please verfy thta last part I need to loose some weight for a wedding ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i guess that makes me a d|ck then...

but the way i see it...some questions are just very very stupid.

"the only stupid question is the one not asked." WRONG. there are plenty of stupid questions, and i guess i would hope some common sense would push someone to do a little research before asking said stupid questions.

this is an open public forum. if i'm unsure about something...chances are pretty good that i'm going to at LEAST give google a shot before i open myself up to a format such as this.

idk, stupidity is a low-calorie dinner bell for those of us who are witty and talented in the areas of sarcasm and cynicism.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    hmm well I came for sarcasm, guess it isnt here. My bad - backing out slowly
  • MsPresley88
    Options
    I dont think I like the message boards anymore - I wanted people to reply to my posts and now I worry if someone is going to be rude :(

You just have to take it in Stride and be like... whatevs! lol :smile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

People can be overly harsh but I would have to disagree with the "if you don't have anything nice" kind of thinking. Support can also consist of information or questions that make the OP think about a course of action they're considering.

For example there are quite a number of crash diets, cleanses etc that are downright unhealthy and potentially detrimental to anyone undertaking them. I've been accused of being mean for stating facts, not making judgments or bullying, as the OP has either made up his or her mind before posting the topic and is only looking for sycophants or is extremely thin skinned.
  • MsPresley88
    Options
    i guess that makes me a d|ck then...

but the way i see it...some questions are just very very stupid.

"the only stupid question is the one not asked." WRONG. there are plenty of stupid questions, and i guess i would hope some common sense would push someone to do a little research before asking said stupid questions.

this is an open public forum. if i'm unsure about something...chances are pretty good that i'm going to at LEAST give google a shot before i open myself up to a format such as this.

idk, stupidity is a low-calorie dinner bell for those of us who are witty and talented in the areas of sarcasm and cynicism.

Huh? ooooook buddy
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am never sarcastic.

Well... except for when I am awake, and sometimes when I talk in my sleep, and every time I wear Spanx...
  • MsPresley88
    Options
    hmm well I came for sarcasm, guess it isnt here. My bad - backing out slowly

haha ok

*waving bye*
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts...
    1. The OP may have just been trolling. That's a pretty bad question.
    2. Some people think they are cool when they belittle others. I hope it makes them feel better.
This discussion has been closed.