Anyone with Hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?

Options
124»

Replies

• courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. I have huge struggles with losing weight but find that clean eating and exercise work, it just takes twice as much effort it seems. It's so worth it though. Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • MartyGru
    Options
    Have you heard of Hypothyroidism Revolution? According to Tom Brimeyer, it works for every single one of his clients, including those with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Have a look at http://hypothyroidismevolution.com/ for more info. Hope it Helps...
  • valeriejo
    valeriejo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    28 with hypothyroidism. Struggling to to get to a healthy weight! Anyone care to be friends and help each other out?
  • I do.. I have hashimotos, hypothyroid and pcos. I've gained 60+lbs, my brain is foggy (i cant concentrate or remember anything!!) and I am really moody :( I went to an endocrinologist who put me on victoza, metformin, cytomel, birth control pill and sythroid and told me to go on a 500-800 cal diet. I was exhausted.. drained.. VERY crabby.. and VERY emotional. I just went to someone new who took me off of everything and agreed to put me on desiccated thyroid pills. I don't feel AS tired.. but I'm still gaining. I just joined MFP so I hope this works. I heard that cardio is not good for hypo fo rweight loss.. I wonder if this is true?
    I thought I would log my cals and do weights. And hope for a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, as well. About.com's Thyroid Pages and StopTheThyroidMadness.com are 2 great recourses to check out. I swear by the Levothyroxine (Levoxyl brand)/Cytomel combo; I've tried Armour (and othe brands of NDT), as well as T4 only *Syntrhoid brand and Levoxyl brand), and NOTHING worked as well as the synthetic combo, but that's just me ... Good Luck to everyone, feel free to PM or friend me for info or support! :)
  • findingtracy
    findingtracy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with hashimoto's too. I have the antibodies but my thyriod function has remained normal. So no meds so far. I had lost about 40lbs over the last few years thru diet and exercise but now ive gained back 20lbs while still eating well and exercising 5x week. I've had Crazy mood swings, huge reduction in patience, increased irritability, hot flashes. Endo told me thyroid would probably fail at menopause. I havent been able to separate perimenopausal symtoms from hashi's. I am so frustrated. I went gluten free a couple months ago. I wasn't sure it made a difference until i reintroduced it and my joint pain increased as well as some poop issues. Now going gf again. Its very hard for me to remain motivated to diet and exercise when I'm gaining weight regardless. Endo told me not to come back until thyroid function is down.