Self Sabotage

Options
2»

Replies

• Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    The less weight you have to lose, the harder it becomes to take off! Keep going girl!!!!
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Try and look for new ways to motivate you.. You don't want to undo all your hard work. Maybe if your being quite strict you could have a day where you are less strict on your food plan??
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    When I start feeling that way, I just think to myself...one day at a time...if I can just get thru these tough days when I feel like, what's the point, the rest of the days will be easier.

It didn't go on overnight and you can't expect to all of a sudden be at goal. Keep you head up and know that you are working towards a healthier you! It'll be sooooo worth it in the end!!
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I love this quote..........WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT QUITTING - REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED! :)

I had this same issue a week or so ago and just had to pick myself up and START AGAIN! Good luck on getting back on track!!!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what type of comments you're getting it's hard to address the problem. But it really is never a good idea to let yourself be thrown off course by what people do or do not say. Some people, even those who care about you, will say hurtful things or unhelpful things. Simply do what you feel is right for you. In the end, each of us is responsible for himself or herself and we can't blame others or give them credit.
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What helps me when I feel that old habits might be creeping back is the saying, "A year from now, you will wish you had started today."

How many times have I said that to myself in the past... You can do this, just one day at a time, one meal at a time if you have to. :)
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing... Change is hard. Even positive change. Mentally and physically our bodies don't really want to change, even if our higher conscious does. So this is your minds way of playing tricks on you to stop changing your body. You just need to recognize it. I do think a few days rest may give you a psychological boost. We can be our own best friends or our own worst enemies. It takes time to adjust to any change and eventually people will stop commenting. You may also just be afraid that you're going to gain it back and that's why it makes you uncomfortable. Just take one day at a time. Also focus on all of the other reasons this change is good... Increased health and longevity, better energy and strength :) if you still continue to struggle with self sabotage after trying different approaches, I think it would be wise to see a professional because you may have some deep seeded issues of feeling unworthy of good things in your life and that probably reaches into other areas of your life as well <3
  • LisaVld34
    LisaVld34 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don' make excuses, i've been there too, and until i stopped making excuses to not go to gym this day or not go for a walk and i forced myself to get up and move then i got back in track.

The one thing I haven't let go of is Zumba and I am happy for that but you're right I am making excuses and I don't know how to stop sabotaging my hard work!

Are you or have you went through something really stressful within the last few weeks or so? Sometimes when life bombards we want to let go. Best of luck staying on track. Remember this journey and you are worth it! This is your time to shine - you are a Star! :flowerforyou:

There has been one stress after the other in my life for three years straight BUT now I use my Zumba to work it out! My mentality needs to change and just keep plugging on I guess.
  • LisaVld34
    LisaVld34 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing... Change is hard. Even positive change. Mentally and physically our bodies don't really want to change, even if our higher conscious does. So this is your minds way of playing tricks on you to stop changing your body. You just need to recognize it. I do think a few days rest may give you a psychological boost. We can be our own best friends or our own worst enemies. It takes time to adjust to any change and eventually people will stop commenting. You may also just be afraid that you're going to gain it back and that's why it makes you uncomfortable. Just take one day at a time. Also focus on all of the other reasons this change is good... Increased health and longevity, better energy and strength :) if you still continue to struggle with self sabotage after trying different approaches, I think it would be wise to see a professional because you may have some deep seeded issues of feeling unworthy of good things in your life and that probably reaches into other areas of your life as well <3
    I think you hit the nail on the head, I am freaking scared to death of failing and then gaining the weight back. Some parts of me wants to say at least if I make the CHOICE to fail then I control it...as off as that sounds.
  • sabbychill
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself. Don't say anything negative about yourself. You can do it.Look how far you have come dont give up now.