SWEATING

Options
13»

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Of course you should sweat if you're working out hard but don't feel that more water on your forehead = more fat burned. If I run outside when it's cold I don't sweat much and still burn tons of calories. Don't be like the guy I fight at the gym to keep the fans on when I run. He wears a long sleeve, long pants warm up style sweat suit and keeps it zipped and turns off the overhead fans if anyone dares to turn them on. Heat is your muscle's enemy so it's good to be cool.

I want to tell him that losing water weight isn't weight loss but I guess he equates sweating to calories burned.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much in general, so I tend to overheat easily. But if I do get some sweat going, it's because it is 40 minutes or more of high intensity working out. Like I'm almost dizzy and I have to concentrate on breathing so I'm not hyperventilating, and even then, my shirt isn't soaked or anything. I am astounded when I see people literally dripping sweat onto the floor. It's so foreign to me.

Sweat isn't really a valid indication because it varies between people.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I HATE to sweat...it's gross. But I do it. My mom does not sweat, never has. Some people just don't. Also, relative humidity makes a difference in how much people sweat.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    was never a big sweater, then i up'd the water and i get the pit sweats just walking a good pace, but now doing 30ds i DRIP, to me 20 min workout i expect to sweat hard and take it as a sign of getting the most of the time. LOTS of water goes in though so it makes sense that is has to come out too!
  • shockingpink33
    shockingpink33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @ "I sweat just thinking about working out."

lol
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If I'm working out in temps below 60, I don't sweat much. At 70 and above, I sweat a lot when I work out. Humidity makes a big difference, too. You sweat more, or seem to sweat more, when the humidity is high. It doesn't dry as quickly.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweater and I love it! My eyes sting when the sweat drips off my forehead! I always try to get a half hour in the sauna before my aqua fit class, and that's where I really sweat!
  • Ride2bfit
    Ride2bfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweater. I commute to and from work everyday on a bike in temps well over a hundred degrees. Gotta love Arizona. : )
  • Valissa47
    Valissa47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sweating has nothing to do with calories burned. Sweating cools the body down. Visit this link for details. http://www.fitsugar.com/You-Asked-Does-Sweating-Mean-Youre-Burning-More-Calories-1655873
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23nrt9TJp1qzz4z4o1_1280.jpg

That's what I keep reminding myself.

LOVE IT
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sweat is your body needing to cool itself off.
    ^^^ This but it also needs plenty of water to do this also! DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! WATER WATER WATER!!!!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yea i didnt even think just now about all the times i sweat when im not working out. i like to avoid shirts that go up too much in my armpit during spring summer time because i sweat way more and i hate sweat stains LOL

Not sure what antiprespant(thats you spell it when youve worked your butt off and are tired. too tired to goggle the spelling lol)
    anyway I sweat ALOT and I always afraid of smelling I changed to Mitchum invisable solid and hardly notice sweat in my arm pits during a the day. now workout are different but its saved some of my shirts.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    I could break sweat in the middle of the Arctic Cicle during a blizzard. Everybody sweats different amounts, it's how your body regulates body temperature. Be careful though, not sweating when you should be, can be a sign of heat stress or even worse heat stroke.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    More sweating equals better...but I have to admit I'm not a huge sweater, I just am not, genetically I guess. But I sweat and I workout hard.
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i sweat some, but more than anything my face turns beat red like a vine ripened tomato!! That's how I know I've been working hard :bigsmile:
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    If you don't sweat you're not working hard enough I.m.o.

^ this
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sweating is not important to me because I don't really sweat. As in, I have gone running with my brother and at the end of it he was sweating, but I wasn't. I think it is more important to keep track of your heart beats before and after you run.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I sweat like heck the sweat is dripping off of me while I work out. When I sweat like that I know I must be doing something right. Then you get the guys looking at you like wow she sweats alot lol. I still don't get that lol.
  • ticagal
    ticagal Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel like if u r not sweating, u r doing nothing!! Just my opinion.
  • MissyLeBlanc
    Options
    I sweat just thinking about working out.

phahahaha.... I'm with you there!!!