would you not send a friend request

Options
snw_
snw_ Posts: 237 Member
If you noticed the person's friend's list was large?

My FL is getting up there, but i honestly talk with everyone on my list. maybe not everyday, but i try to comment on everyone who has given a status update within a few pages of me logging on. every now and again, i go through delete phases where i delete those i dont talk to. nothing personal, i just like to converse with my friends. (Well, sometimes its personal because after awhile, i realize i just wouldnt be friends with certain people. which is just normal - you dont stay friends with every person you meet, do you?)

So i was just wondering... does a large FL turn you off? Id be bummed if i missed out on cool people juat because of it.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    doesnt really mean anything to me - friends are friends :)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone, but if I get no interaction after a week, I'm more apt to drop the person with a large FL. Mostly, because it seems like a collection effort by them and not that they actually wanted to get to know me.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Usually, if I find someone I'm really dying to send a FR to, I don't even look at the number on their FL. I don't like having a super large on because I can't keep up with everyone, but I don't dictate what others choose to do.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    To be honest, yes it does. If I am in a forum and someone makes a comment that I like - I remember their nick. If I read them making another interesting comment then I might go to their profile. Once at their profile, if I notice they have many friends, I immediately leave. :noway:
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well, I did get an ad from one guy with hundreds, no message as to why the ad, and it became pretty clear quickly it was so he could push his own agenda... Blah. Delete.
    But no, it doesn't turn me off so to speak! And your boys with tatts thread was awesome! :bigsmile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I never pay attention to peoples friends list - of I really want them as a friend I will send the request... however I am shy.... so I don't send very damn many requests to people.
  • snw_
    Options
    Well, I did get an ad from one guy with hundreds, no message as to why the ad, and it became pretty clear quickly it was so he could push his own agenda... Blah. Delete.
    But no, it doesn't turn me off so to speak! And your boys with tatts thread was awesome! :bigsmile:

yeah - i agree with that - i'm not into collectors. but i'm glad that you'd give someone with a large list a chance.

oh yeah ... boys with ink... weeeee!
  • RaqibMarvelous
    Options
    Numbers don't matter to me- we're all here for the same reason. The more support, the better!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I find the number of friends a person has is irrelevant for me. If the person is "cool" or an inspirational athletic type, I'll check them out for a while and maybe send them a FR. Usually, i end up requesting people who keep making funny remarks on my peeps posts while wearing really cool socks(like snw_).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No. Some ppl have issues with collectors but I'm not sure what constitutes a collector. If a big FL makes someone a collector, then I have several friends who are collectors and completely awesome people that I could never part with.
  • snw_
    Options
    I find the number of friends a person has is irrelevant for me. If the person is "cool" or an inspirational athletic type, I'll check them out for a while and maybe send them a FR. Usually, i end up requesting people who keep making funny remarks on my peeps posts while wearing really cool socks(like snw_).

you wear socks like me???
  • snw_
    Options
    No. Some ppl have issues with collectors but I'm not sure what constitutes a collector. If a big FL makes someone a collector, then I have several friends who are collectors and completely awesome people that I could never part with.

i think collectors are those who just gather friends, but have no notion on even trying to keep up with them.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I usually do not look at a persons friends list. If I am looking to add the person it is based on a similar interest.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Their FL is not important to me. I friended them due to something in common or something they may have said in a forum.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I try to keep up with everyone on my list.. which I hope to keep down to 150...
  • snw_
    Options
    Their FL is not important to me. I friended them due to something in common or something they may have said in a forum.

i totally agree ... i was just wondering if others felt the same. :)
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    No their friends list do not bother me.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    You know I'm weird. I usually let people request me. Unless I really reel compelled for some reason to add them. But I don't think size matters so a long list wouldn't stop me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people who I would love to be buddies with but when I see their friends list is +200, I hesitate to send a friend request because I don't feel like they would want me as a buddy. I keep up with 14 buddies and I couldn't imagine keeping up with 200. I try to support all of my friends and am very interactive and feel like I might be lost in the activity.
  • snw_
    Options
    I try to keep up with everyone on my list.. which I hope to keep down to 150...

i first tried to keep it to 100. then 150. Now i'm sticking with 200. gah!