107 Pounds Down - 23 More to Go (Pics)

Options
JonesM7801
JonesM7801 Posts: 10 Member
I started dieting after a visit to my dr that revealed that I tipped the scales at 280 pounds. I was horrified. I've always been overweight and my whole family is overweight so i figured it was genetics and there was nothing to do but sit back and be depressed and fat and unhappy the rest of my life. After seeing an add for three free months of weight watchers, i tried it out. it was rough but it did produce some results. After three months i had lost about 30 pounds or so and even though i was seeing results, i was forced to drop out of the program because i simply couldnt afford it. I was graduating from college and moving out of state from minnesota to chicago, no way i can afford a dieting program while trying to start a new life in a new city. While in chicago, i kept the weight off, but didnt lose any either (maintaining is better than gaining right?). i had thought about trying to lose weight again, but foot surgery prevented me from starting back up. About a year after i moved, my sister commented that she had tried this fitness website called myfitnesspal and it had everything i was looking for and all for free. FREE! i couldnt believe it! I signed up and made a promise to myself that i would do this and i would do it right and i would get fit and healthy and start a wonderful life living in fitness land. after about 11 months im down another 67 pounds (i lost 10 pounds after a bout of mono but for some reason my ticker doesnt register it) and now weigh 173 pounds. holy bananas. i still cant believe it even as i type. anywho, ive got a ways to go still and i hear this last bit is the hardest part. heres hoping i can hit my goals before my may 2013 wedding!

BEFORE (280 pounds):
Before.png

AFTER (107 pounds, a 5k, and an 8k later):
After.jpg

Replies

• ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm really inspired. You're such a beautiful girl. I have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror sometimes, but the pictures of you now, you look SO HAPPY and I want to be that happy. THANK YOU!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. I'll have to edit this comment later to add more superlatives, but for now, all I can say is holy. crap.

and, you look amazing. WOW.
  • crushmebaby
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    WOW, way to go. You are an inspiration!. I'm down 50 so far, still more to go
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW, way to go !!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Fantastic!! Truly inspiring to see!!!!!!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    You look amazing! I wish I had your body type! Way to go!!
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!! this is something to really be proud of! you look great!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing and inspiring!!! You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Just WOW! You look AMAZING!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Damn, girl!!!! Looking great!
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WOW look at you now! You look so happy. Congratulations!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at what people on this site have done. You will have lost me at my goal weight by the time you finish. That's amazing. Well done, you look fantastic and you look so much more comfortable in your own skin. Congrats!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Very very inspirational! Very good amount of time to lose the weight too and not too fast...good job.

I cannot wait to post my success story....I cannot wait!
  • Crysiee
    Crysiee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A-MAZ-ING! Great job and good WORK!!! Congratulations!!!
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! And so very happy! My starting weight was also 280 and my goal is 160. I am a ltitle over halfway there, down 68 pounds now. Seeing your story makes me so much more motivated to keep going. Good luck in the rest of your journey!!!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    U look AMAZING
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    great transformation. You are most of the way there... Keep going and continue toning!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look fabulous and so healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!