Afraid to be seen working out..

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I see someone outside jogging, I'm think to myself: Darnit! I need to get in my workout too! lol So it pretty much inspires me to work out.

YES!!!!!!
    :) get it gurrrrl!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Wear sunglasses and a shirt that says "Take a picture it last longer than staring @sshole!" and enjoy a nice run :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You should never be afraid or intimidated by what others say or do or even by exercising in front of them. Your doing it for you and that's who you should be worried about now get out there and runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :explode: :smile:
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Me too.

And sometimes I find myself foolishly running harder because I know someone is looking at me lol

You are beautiful. And I find it sexy hot for anyone -ANYONE- who is out there working out trying to better themselves.

I have had people point and laugh. It hurts. But, I'm out there busting my hiney and they are not. Who's laughing now?

Now get out there and get your run on!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 275 pounds (now). If I can do it, so can you. No one is judging you harder than yourself.
  • nicescent
    nicescent Posts: 44
    Options
    Remember: "the most difficult part is not that you finish but that you have the courage to start" You should not be afraid to run outside, you are an inspiration for many others. I have been running for many years and believe me at the beginning I was a little bit self conscious but now I could care less. I do it for myself, to feel good so go for it. Run...
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    165810_251881184925891_281235337_n.jpg
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You put on some comfortable clothes, sunglasses and/or hat and DO IT ANYWAY. Who cares what a passing stranger may think of you? You're TRYING and that is more most people can say. You don't achieve your goals by the would-a, could-a, should-as of life.
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have social anxiety disorder so I have dealt with this. I got on zoloft which helped me finally get into some classes. Once I found that its not so bad I have been able to continue even though I have dropped the zoloft going on 3 months due to weight issues.
  • krgarrigan
    Options
    Don't worry, put the headphones on and go for it. After all, there is always someone who looks worse than we do out there ... just laugh! Going out and doing something is better than sitting on the couch watching everyone else do it!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I've been the big girl I started going early early in the mornings, then i was the skinny girl who went out all the time, now im the big girl again but I've found a nice friendly gym to work out in.... Honestly if i see people running the only thing I ever think is "Good on them! Hell I need to go to the gym, wish i was out running again" I never think they look stupid ..................... In fact the only thing I can ever remember thinking is that someone needed a decent sports bra because it just looked painful! Go for it stick some music on and just get lost inside your own head whilst you run (Except when your crossing roads of course)
    Good luck
  • krgarrigan
    Options
    Love the quote!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I go out at 5am so there's fewer people to see the huffing & puffing and sweat pouring off. I'm hoping if I keep it up I won't look like a fish gasping for air.:blushing:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    And read this...
    http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Every runner started somewhere.

Definitely read this^^^ (I was going to try to find the link about the time I saw this post - LOL)

This is all the motivation you will need to get out there, and get moving! :flowerforyou:
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    I have to tell ya - people will look at you. I know because I do it all the time....but I swear to god at the time I think to myself "Good for him!" or "You go girl!'
    I am self conscious to run on the indoor track at the gym but I have no problem outside. :)
    good luck
    you got this
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Remember, it's about you!!!!!!!......nobody else
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Me too! You just gotta do it though. You'll probably be surprised of some reactions you get. I go to the park really early in the morning and there are maybe 10-20 people there either walking or running. I always get the nod and a smile and "good morning" from all of them. It's like an elite club hahah