What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My friend was complaining about girls and duck faces so i took one JUST for them.

It worked on mfp too

:devil:
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Mines at my daughters 4th birthday party when I had to be a fairy :smile:
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My day of Firsts, and one Last...

This picture was taken the first day that I started using MFP. I went on a beautiful 2.8 mile hike on Upper Table Rock with a 720' elevation gain for a picnic lunch. I had hiked the Lower a few years back, but this was my first time on Upper. I went with my youngest son and some great friends. It was the first time I wore my new workout pants that are a size XL which I found in the regular (not plus size) section. This reflected meeting a major goal, the first time in many years of being able to fit into "normal" clothes. It was the first time I was able/allowed to exercise at all in 11 months after a disabling and devastating injury. Very significantly, it was the first time I had a photo taken of me as a single mom, on the first day that I did something fun since October which was when my husband of 16 years left me for one of my very best friends with whom he had been having an affair. It was the first day since then that I remembered what it was like to feel the slightest glimmer of hope and joy after months of depression, isolation, withdrawal, and thinking constantly that it would just be better to give up and die.

This was the day I decided to live, and realized I could. This was the first day of the rest of my life, and the last day of the life that I was saying goodbye to, letting go of, and have left behind.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Mine is a before shot, me with a full head of flowing locks about a week before I had it all shaved off to raise money for charity.

Good on you as I did the same a couple of years ago.....Love it so much that I kept it short....
    :drinker:
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    England Rugby, supporting our boys (and girls) in the best sport in the world :-D
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Trying to get a sexy progress pic....sad but true.
  • Stepharrrnie
    Options
    Me on holiday in Italy a couple of years ago :)
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    I wanted a tattoo, so my husband bought me jewelry instead. It works...and now I don't have a permanent 'mustache' on my finger.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I wanted a tattoo, so my husband bought me jewelry instead. It works...and now I don't have a permanent 'mustache' on my finger.

Did you want a mustache on your finger??? LOL That would be AWESOME!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm the guy on the right waiting to hurl myself out of a plane.
  • naomiari
    naomiari Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This pic was taken a few months ago agencies was pregnant with my daughter
  • AllyC_804
    AllyC_804 Posts: 32
    Options
    It was my 27th birthday shot! :)
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    I drew it and love superman
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    To prove I have no excuses to hold back. I got two screws in my leg and it's in perfect shape. If a little hardware can patch a knee to be better than before, why can't I press the s**t out of myself to be better than before? The road to recovery, to self betterness, is long, hard, and bloody. Will you travel it, or well you shy from it? Nut up or shut up!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    My husband and I before his brother's wedding. Yep he was a groomsman and I had him wear his nice tux without the vest and tie.
  • jeffsalyer
    jeffsalyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT. I've been twice and hope to return every year.
  • RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    Just got my hair cut!
  • teemiller13
    teemiller13 Posts: 317
    Options
    some random tuesday @ like 2am...friend was buggin me that I didn't have enough pics on FB
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's me at my previous weight, my now goal weight! Funny it was only 1 year ago.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    <~~my eye. True story.