anyone have any luck finding a natural appetite suppresant

Options

Replies

• GrandmaCarole
    GrandmaCarole Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The best ways are the really natural ways many have mentioned. Water, protien and high fiber foods (not additives.). A small amount of high fiber Fruit helps me. Fat is necessary in moderation since it is double the calories per gram than other foods.
    Spreading small meals throughout the day keeps blood sugars level also. This is how diabetics manage their blood sugar and calories since it is when the blood sugar gets low that you feel hungry. Protein evens out the sugar swings and fiber makes you feel full. Having too many calories at one time causes part of them to be stored as fat if they are not used immediately. That is why several small meals or healthy snacks (like a piece of fruit) evenly spaced throughout the day is the best way.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me

This. Sadly, it has a tolerance issue like many 'drugs' and so I end up drinking close to two pots a day. But these days, nothing else really works.

Edit- I should add I drink it very weak, similar to the consistency of tea (you can see the bottom of the cup). So it lets me get my water in, too.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    yep... its called water. i drink at least 72oz a day.

keeps your belly full..

Water does nothing to my fullness level, but maybe because I drink all day.

I read that studies found that eating water-rich foods like fruit and vegetables and soups DOES make a body feel fuller, though. And I find that's true for me. They theorized we can sort of "fool" our body by hiding water in foods, whereas it recognizes straight water intake as non-caloric, often.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I took Hoodia years ago and it did work, but it has to be pure hoodia. I stopped it though as I was buying it from the internet and worried that anything could be in it. I find that teaching yourself better eating habits and drinking lots of water is the key.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I find that food helps. Not **** food, but real food (and coffee).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and cinnamon both work.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Also peppermint.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Coffee and water.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was always told to drink warm milk with a spoonful of honey before bed each night. Had worked wonders for me - no idea why but I'm not craving sweet stuff anymore.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Aerobic exercise works for me, at least for a while.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Water, caffiene, and very dark chocolate/bitter coffee (tastes like crap and makes me not want to eat)
  • tahoemads
    tahoemads Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    High protein, high fat. The whole kind. Grassfed, pastured or wild game meats: beef, bison, pork, chicken. Coconut oil, olive oil, and wild fish. Omega 3s keep you fuller.

Stay away from sugar, grains and dairy -- they are liars to your leptin level, which is the hormone that tells your body you are full.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bragg's Organic apple cider vinegar....also like the others said, water, coffee, real food, exercise
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a natural way to suppress my appetite. Not having any luck..
    here's what I do:
    BRUSH MY TEETH- huge deterrent to putting anything else in my mouth
    ORANGES-have always seemed to help take the edge of hunger off and help me get to the next meal
    WATER-drink up! Most of the time when I think i need to shove more food in, my body needs fluid and drinking water will usually fix that feeling QUICK

also see for more tips:
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/top-25-natural-appetite-suppressants
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In no particular order:
    Water, Exercise, and Coffee --works for me!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I stopped using Splenda and my cravings stopped.
  • rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Mirror and climbing stairs...
  • Sullerson
    Sullerson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eating foods with a high fiber content will keep you fuller longer. For in between meals, coffee and green tea help. Just watch your cream and sugars if you add them.
  • jonn1995
    jonn1995 Posts: 1
    Options
    iforce dexaprine and EC stack
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at my thighs in the mirror does wonders for me.

^^^^Love this!!^^^ :laugh: