• harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    mmm bump
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'll probably use shrimp instead of Chicken to save a bunch of calories and throw in Bean Sprouts, Bamboo shoots, and some Siracha!

Great base idea and recipe. Thanks for posting!
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Bump!

I'll probably use shrimp instead of Chicken to save a bunch of calories and throw in Bean Sprouts, Bamboo shoots, and some Siracha!

Great base idea and recipe. Thanks for posting!

I finally made this tonight and it was INCREDIBlE! I made a few changes though, I did a seafood version with Shrimp and Krab, I also added half a block of tofu. Great flavor and will definitely be making this again soon!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Bump
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather and I'm addicted to Pad Thai. This is one of my "go-to" lunches that help me get my fix. You wouldn't want to see me when I can't get my Pad Thai fix. This is not as good as the real deal but it's close enough to hold me over and it's under 500 calories for a giant bowl.

Step 1: Gather your weapons and gear.

Ingredents.jpg?t=1339678954

2 packages of shirataki noodles (8oz) (I like to use the fettuccine style ones)
    3 tbsp Thai Kitchen's - Original Pad Thai sauce
    1/2 cup egg whites
    2tbsp PB2 or crushed peanuts.
    Ginger, fresh or dried ground
    Protein of your choice: For this recipe I used 4oz shredded chicken breast. Whatever you choose to use, pre-cook it.
    **optional - green onions

Step 2: Prepare the noodles!
    Drain the noodles and rinse them well. Place into a large skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.

Step 3: Put in the yummies!
    Add the pad thai sauce, ginger and 1tbsp of the PB2 or peanuts and your pre-cooked protein of choice (also green onions if you are using them). Mix well and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.

When it's done put into a bowl.

inthepan.jpg

Step 4: Finishing touches!
    Next scramble the egg whites in the skillet that the noodle mixture was in, it should only take a minute or 2. Place the eggs on top of the noodle mixture.

Sprinkle the remaining PB2 or peanuts over the bowl.

Step 5: OM NOM NOM
    Begin eating your Pad Thai until it is all gone or your craving is satisfied. Log onto MFP and thank me for giving you this amazing recipe.

finished2.jpg

Nutrition Stuffs...
    padThainutrition.png?t=1339680909

youre a genius. im trying this this week!!
  • Caggle123
    Caggle123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! :happy:
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Nom nom nom. Thank you.
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    very nice recipe! have you tried any of the other Shirataki noodles? been looking into the 0 cal ones specifically, but ive read so many mixed reviews. some people claim its the best thing since sliced bread, while others are gagging at the smell and tossing it.

any input is appreciated!

My wife and I personally prefer the 0 cal shiritaki noodles based on taste/smell. They seem to rinse the smell off easier, and they tend to be a little thinner, which makes the texture more like regular pasta. (I love their texture so that part doesn't matter to me) The secret is definitely rinsing them long enough to get rid of the smell, and dry frying them to take that flavor away.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Marry me.

My thoughts exactly.
  • lovewish
    lovewish Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    need to try...bump
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I eat Pad Thai so often I don't even have to give my order to the lady at the place I go to. Might have to try this out!
  • sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    delish! cant wait to try this!
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU HEATHER!!!!!!!
  • dmprice17
    dmprice17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am replying to this so i can easily look back at my post and retrieve this recipe, it looks yummy, thanks
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!! I know I'm going to the Asian market now :happy: