Bee Pollen Diet Supplements..Fact or Fiction?

Options

Replies

• barb1877
    barb1877 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have taken bee pollen and have seen weight loss but I have been restricting calories. I have noticed that seasonal allergies have declined. Also my insulin ratio has improved prior to significant weight loss and my only difference that I can attribute. I have been able to go from 1 to 6 increased to 1 to 10 over 6 weeks. This ability to reduce total insulin in a day has enabled me to loose weight. Diabetes and insulin make weight loss very difficult due to insulin properties. Obviously weight loss is only through caloric deficit, but with diabetes is also related to insulin and other factors.
  • HeavenlyBri
    Options
    I take and sell the ZI XIU TANG BEE POLLEN CAPSULES. To clear up almost everything posted on this conversation: ZI XIU TANG beauty face and shape pills were BANNED because of sabutramine, which is illegal! They are counterfeit pills of the REAL ZI XIU TANG Bee Pollen Capsules! The real ZI XIU TANG Bee Pollen capsules contain Chinese herbal ingredients and are known to help with tremendous weight-loss. They do NOT contain sabutramine and are FDA regulated (meaning what is on the ingredient label is actually in the pills). Unfortunately there are MANY counterfeit "Bee Pollen" pills on the market and it is important to know the actual name of them: ZI XIU TANG Bee Pollen capsules. They also have been known to help with allergies, joint pain, head aches, acne, hair growth, fertility and the most common, weight loss! The ZI XIU TANG Bee Pollen capsules should not be confused with actual bee pollen from a flower- that bee pollen is not intended for weight loss and can be found in any health food store. There is a very limited amount of authorized ZI XIU TANG distributors, the only ones I know of are in New Jersey. Hope any of this helped! Don't hesitate to ask me any questions, I am a pro at this stuff!
    Yeah, I have a question or two... Why is it that so many people who take the real, not counterfeit stuff, have ended up in the ER with heart and blood pressure issues? Why is it that my daughter's teacher, who was a healthy young woman, had a heart attack shortly after beginning to take these pills? Why has my husband who is an ER nurse seen so many people come in with heart problems that started only after taking these pills? Why have I seen patients come into my office who all of a sudden have high blood pressure (I'm talking teenagers) and the only thing they've done differently is take these stupid pills? Must just be a huge coincidence...
  • kuro_itonami
    Options
    I have been taking Y.S. Organic Bee Farms Bee Pollen Granules. I am not taking it for weight loss but because it is good for your skin and hair. I have noticed some good side effects. I have been losing weight on it around .4 to 2lbs a day. I was taking HCG but the diet got to be so difficult to do and I was not losing as much. I have been steadily losing the weight with bee pollen by just cutting back calories. I have not been working out or avoiding certain foods. It does fill me up so I am not hungry. It helps me have regular bowel movements but is not like a laxative. The only downside I have had is if I do not drink enough water I get a headache. I just take 1 heaping tablespoon a day first thing in the morning with my multivitamin.
  • michelegro7
    Options
    Are you taking Asset 2?
  • Mamamedic
    Mamamedic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked Zi Xiu Tang up on the food and drug administrations sight. It could be dangerous, especially if you have a preexisting condition. I have had success using it for weight loss. I have had equal success with weight loss just counting my carbs. A younger person without a family history of heart disease and no preexisting condition, may be relatively safe using it. Middle aged women with high blood pressure and a family history... not so much. The following is part of the report I copied and pasted from the FDA.

FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that “Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen Capsules” contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was removed from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke. This product may also interact, in life-threatening ways, with other medications a consumer may be taking.
  • jwatson474
    Options
    I started asset bold in July. I loved it, I never felt better. Weight came off slowly as some weeks I had a good week others not do much. September 30 I woke up drank my coffee popped my bold as every other day I have and went to work. I got very shaky, clammy and heart was racing. It persisted all day. I ended up leaving work early. 8 days later I have been to the er, had every possible lab run and no one can figure out why my heart rate so high. I now have SVT no known cause. My T waves were inverted on the EKG as well. I am on a beta blocker to slow my heart rate which now makes me feel like I need a nap at all times of the day. I wake up every day praying my heart rate normal. I am now waiting for a appointment to see a cardiologist. I am 32, I have never had a heart issue. I am more miserable than I was before I was losing weight. At least then I could function, I have spent 6 days camped out on my couch.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    xi zui tang probably contains zero bee pollen. The FDA put out a consumer alert about it this past October--here's what it says:

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use “Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen Capsules,” also referred to as “Zi Xiu Tang Beauty, Face & Figure Capsule,” a product promoted and sold for weight loss and body reshaping. This product is promoted on www.zixiutangsuccess.com, and possibly sold in some retail stores.

FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that “Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen Capsules” contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was removed from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke. This product may also interact, in life-threatening ways, with other medications a consumer may be taking.

Consumers should stop using this product immediately and throw it away. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects should consult a health care professional as soon as possible.
    Health care professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:

Just to reitierate: there is no safe, magic pill for weight loss
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Zi Xiu Tang for several months now and have lost 15 pounds so far. It does make me extremely thirsty and jittery at first. I had to cut out my coffee intake for a while, and took only one pill a day for about 2 weeks. I'm happy with the results and would only recommend purchasing them from www.beepollendiet.com.

Good thing I didn't take this. In several months, I lost 33 pounds. All I did was eat at a deficit and exercise moderately. I would be reluctant to take any supplement as none of them have really been studied extensively for their long term effects on health.
  • lilixi
    lilixi Posts: 1
    Options
    Originated from kinds of natural Chinese herbal ingredients and formulated according to Chinese traditional medical theory of "Medicine and Food Homology", Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen works as wonderful weight loss products to help tens of thousands of weight losers get out of the trouble of weight up and down, numerous men and women from worldwide are getting benefits from it everyday.

Just as its name implies, Bee Pollen is the main ingredients of Zi Xiu Tang, it is low in calories and rich in natural Phenylalanine that acts as appetite suppressant and Lecithin that helps dissolve and flush fat from the body, thus Zi Xiu Tang has ability to ensure the basic weight loss requirement of calorie consumption calorie intake.

"A big tree attracts the wind", Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen is so popular that many fake products are appearing to disorder the market, customers should pay attention before purchasing to make sure of getting authentic Zi Xiu Tang. www.zixiutang-capsule.com.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've heard, it's supposed to help with allergies and energy, but all it ever did for me was make me sneeze and give me a runny nose.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I take 2000mg of a bee pollen supplement (bee propolis). It has helped with immunity. I don't think I've had any sort of cold since I started taking it. That's the only benefit I've noticed.

Zi Xiu Tang has a whole bunch of ingredients, totalling 500mg per daily dose. The amount of bee pollen would be pretty small. It also contains Senna, the active ingredient in the laxative Senakot. And the FDA put out that notice in 2012 about it containing Sibutramine, aka: Meridia. The manufacturer stopped making sibutramine so I would think it's not in the supplement anymore, but the Zi Xiu Tang people have proven themselves to be untrustworthy.

In my opinion, this is not a bee pollen supplement, it's something completely different that happens to contain a little bit of bee pollen. Just because you add eggs to the cake mix, it doesn't make it an omelette.
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey, Me and a few co workers were curious about the bee pollen or Zui tang, pills and they did work . But they were pulled from the market place due to one of the ingredients, So the new formulation not so good.. But all they did for me was make me horny! I was off the chain crazy!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I take 2000mg of a bee pollen supplement (bee propolis). It has helped with immunity. I don't think I've had any sort of cold since I started taking it. That's the only benefit I've noticed.

Zi Xiu Tang has a whole bunch of ingredients, totalling 500mg per daily dose. The amount of bee pollen would be pretty small. It also contains Senna, the active ingredient in the laxative Senakot. And the FDA put out that notice in 2012 about it containing Sibutramine, aka: Meridia. The manufacturer stopped making sibutramine so I would think it's not in the supplement anymore, but the Zi Xiu Tang people have proven themselves to be untrustworthy.

In my opinion, this is not a bee pollen supplement, it's something completely different that happens to contain a little bit of bee pollen. Just because you add eggs to the cake mix, it doesn't make it an omelette.

Bee propolis is not bee pollen. They use it to fill gaps in the nest. It is generally tree sap, so you've been sucking on pine sap.
    Bee pollen is sometimes used as a nitrogen source, albeit a poor one, to feed yeast when fermenting wine or mead.
  • jlsparkle
    jlsparkle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to take the Xi Zui Tang and make sure it is from a certified seller. They now have counterfeit numbers on the bottles to ensure it is the real brand. So many people buying counterfeit and losing nothing. I have been taking for 3 wks and lost ten lbs, thankfully. I had been on medication previously that made me gain and nothing was working, counting calories or exercise. The first two days I had no appetite, but after I did. I find that I eat and get full instead of continuing as I would before. i also really have no cravings which is huge for me. One thing, you will definitely go to the bathroom A LOT. I am going to buy another bottle and see how it goes...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    http://www.savemyx.com/Zi-Xiu-Tang-Bee-Pollen-Diet-p/z1a.htm

Follow this link to the Official Product. My name is mike and Im tired of the scamers and counterfeiters giving a bad name to Zi Xiu tang. Contact me at admin@savemyx.com to find out more
    NO.
  • allshousewatterson
    Options
    i have taken the bee pollen pills and have had no problems. i had my son in feb. of 2009 and i was 140lbs after i had him. he was my 5th child. i was able to get back down to 128 but was unable to lose anymore. i started taking the bee pollen pills in june of 2013 and lost the 28lbs within 3 weeks. it gives you energy and you feel great. my normal weight is 101 so to be 140 was very upsetting =(.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Bee pollen is a superfood and I've been wanting to buy some to add to smoothies and yogurt, but I would not trust any of the capsules aimed at people who want to lose weight...
  • dpanchal32
    Options
    http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-bee-pollen. I would not connect it directly with weight loss, but it has many benefits. See this link.
  • sublime929
    Options
    I have been taking bee pollen since Jan. 1 and have lost about eight pounds. I also go to the gym though and just recently started counting calories but it works. For me it really messes my stomach up though, like a laxative. I was turned on to it by both my sisters and Mom. They have all lost a good deal of weight from it and they aren't exercising or dieting. If I didn't see it work on someone I was close to I would never have thought it would work.

I am using it as a "jump start" on my weight loss, I'm looking to drop about 15-20 lbs. After I get where I want to be I'll stop using it.
  • civicblend97
    Options
    I came upon this group on google and made an account on here just to share my story. I took xi bee pollen 2 years ago for 4 months....I lost 30 lbs or so and felt great..I could eat whatever I wanted, didn't exercise much at all..my skin was perfect, my allergies were gone. I stopped taking them and maintained my weight for almost a year. Last January I was sitting at my job and out of no where I started seeing stars and my heart starting racing 100mph and I felt like I was going to pass out...I didn't think anything of it until it started to happen every other day to happening every day, to a few times a day. I went to the doctor then, had to have a heart monitor placed on me for 24hrs....Needless to say I'm 25 years old, with a heart problem now and on daily medication for it. I'm more than positive the bee pollen is the cause..I've been an active person my entire life, and was just trying to loose weight before my wedding...I recommend anyone taking bee pollen to reconsider it...it is a magic weight loss pill for quick weight loss but there is aide effects in the long run. I'm not the only one on here...I read a few people have the same issues.
    Now that I've been married a year and still on heart pills, considering a a family.....With my medication I've talked to the doctor and I'm not to stop taking my meds, and with a child I will have to change to something with a lower dose while pregnant and the pills have a side effect while pregnant of low birth weight or premature delivery....