From 307lbs to 10% body fat - The Fat Loss Extravaganza!

Options
124»

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Wow what a change! I'm impressed! (honestly, my next statement notwithstanding)

Now burn that first picture, please. There's like 900 things wrong going on there. :bigsmile:

hahahaha, It was my 20th birthday and it was a "white trash bash" party - so everyone dressed all trashy. Fun times! :tongue:
    lol i retract my previous statement then. but seriously nice work man.
  • ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    6/17/12 Morning Weight: 186.4lbs

Today was my carb up day, which is always good! However, from my friends 21st bday party last night, I've been hung over and feeling pretty bad all day.

THE WORKOUT

NONE! My 2nd off day in a row and back to it tomorrow. I was going to do a 400 calorie burn cardio sesh today, but was feeling too ill from drinking alcohol last night. So, I'll be doing that on Monday or Tuesday.

THE DIET 39 fat/ 381 carbs/ 211 protein -

Ate some yummmmy food today. Macro totals for the day are 39f/381c/211p

Screenshot2012-06-17at91733PM.png
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    Wow what a change! I'm impressed! (honestly, my next statement notwithstanding)

Now burn that first picture, please. There's like 900 things wrong going on there. :bigsmile:

hahahaha, It was my 20th birthday and it was a "white trash bash" party - so everyone dressed all trashy. Fun times! :tongue:
    lol i retract my previous statement then. but seriously nice work man.

Thanks bro! Glad you stopped by!
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    Good stuff. I plan to keep track of this. I am at ~196 lbs at 18.8% body fat trying to get down to 10% and want to add as well. Keep up the good work.

What's your current plan of attack?
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey, you seem to have done very well & you're willing to help people! I was wondering if you'd have any advice for me. I am currently about 134 pounds (5'5") and I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds. I don't care much about the number as I never weigh myself, but I'd like to fit in 00-2 clothes rather than 2-4. I used to be really tiny and I miss it. I typically run about five days a week. I'm a trainer, but I don't actually do much strength training myself... I know I probably should. Do you have any motivating advice to convince me to get back into that? I just find it so boring. And do you have any other advice for me?
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    Hey, you seem to have done very well & you're willing to help people! I was wondering if you'd have any advice for me. I am currently about 134 pounds (5'5") and I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds. I don't care much about the number as I never weigh myself, but I'd like to fit in 00-2 clothes rather than 2-4. I used to be really tiny and I miss it. I typically run about five days a week. I'm a trainer, but I don't actually do much strength training myself... I know I probably should. Do you have any motivating advice to convince me to get back into that? I just find it so boring. And do you have any other advice for me?

Well, the 1st advice that I'd give is try different strength training workouts/exercises until you find something you like. Because if you don't enjoy it - you won't do it. You may have to think outside of the box to find out what kind of strength training you will enjoy doing.

2nd - Motivating advice for strength training - Strength training is used to build muscle and overall determines body composition changes. Doing cardio will help you lose weight, yes but nobody wants to be weigh 10lbs, 20lbs less and still look as soft as they did before they lost weight. Building muscle offers the best pay off in terms of changing your body.

3rd - Keep it simple. 2-3 full body workouts each week would be fine.
  • jholland99
    jholland99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just tryed belly dancing fitness class for the "1st Time Ever " and it is a great core and muscle workout.. i just bought a polar ft40 watch to wear to see the amount of calories im burning and it was 415 calories burned in a 90 min class 47% of those calories burned were from fat

just an idea.. did i forget to mention it was lots of Fun :)
  • jholland99
    Options

I just tryed belly dancing fitness class for the "1st Time Ever " and it is a great core and muscle workout.. i just bought a polar ft40 watch to wear to see the amount of calories im burning and it was 415 calories burned in a 90 min class 47% of those calories burned were from fat

just an idea.. did i forget to mention it was lots of Fun :)
  • jholland99
    Options
    The Herbalife's Body Analysis involves electronic scan showing ur lean body mass, how many calories burning at rest, & ur target weight. . Based on the results, it will recommend the amount of personal protein needs for building & maintaining lean muscle. Its $20.

Do u recommend this?

Last week my body fat % was 27.6
    my calories change day to day depending if i worked out or how much i worked out.. is this good or bad?

As the weeks go on i am doing more cardio

Using it as a tool to measure your success would be fine, you should never let a gadget or website calculate your diet numbers for you. Every person is different and has different requirements.

At 27% body fat, are you male or female? What's your body weight? Also, whats your current intake on non-workout days and workout days?

Sun 06/17/12 06:08 PM

Im female weight 126.4 last week w body fat at 27%

I use a scale that shows the weight, body fat%, and h20 but need new batteries and what to see if it is the same as the scan

food intake varys on workout days and non workout days

workout food anywhere from 1300-1700 calories/ no workout days 1300- 1500 calories
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    The Herbalife's Body Analysis involves electronic scan showing ur lean body mass, how many calories burning at rest, & ur target weight. . Based on the results, it will recommend the amount of personal protein needs for building & maintaining lean muscle. Its $20.

Do u recommend this?

my calories change day to day depending if i worked out or how much i worked out.. is this good or bad?

Using it as a tool to measure your success would be fine, you should never let a gadget or website calculate your diet numbers for you. Every person is different and has different requirements.

At 27% body fat, are you male or female? What's your body weight? Also, whats your current intake on non-workout days and workout days?

I use a scale that shows the weight, body fat%, and h20 but need new batteries and what to see if it is the same as the scan

workout food anywhere from 1300-1700 calories/ no workout days 1300- 1500 calories

I would just clarify that belly dancing would be more of a cardio type workout rather than muscle building.

Are you currently losing weight with that calorie intake?
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    6/18/12 Morning Weight: 188.8lbs (after yesterdays carb up)

Today was the 1st time I've weighted in the 180s after a carb up today. I also hit PR on bench press.

Today was exciting as I am working with 2 different clients who are on the verge of being under 200lbs and I know it'll be major milestones for them both.

THE WORKOUT
    WU= warm up, WS= working set, PR = personal record, WEIGHTXREPS

Barbell Bench Press
    WU 45x8
    WU 135x8
    WU 185x3
    WS 210x4 PR
    WS 210x4 PR

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    WS 175x5
    WS 175x5

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    WS 60x12 (each db was 60lbs)
    WS 60x12

Weighted dips
    WS +45x6
    WS +45x5
    WS +45x4

17 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph, 3 minutes at 6mph -- 20 minutes TOTAL - 128 calories burned

THE DIET 43 fat/ 196 carbs/ 196 protein -

Screenshot2012-06-18at54556PM.png
  • halhix
    halhix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. I plan to keep track of this. I am at ~196 lbs at 18.8% body fat trying to get down to 10% and want to add as well. Keep up the good work.

What's your current plan of attack?

I have to get past a broken finger first (four more weeks of waiting...). Right now focusing on food intake, cardio, and plyometric exercises to get down the body fat. From a cardio standpoint, I'm running mountain bike trails (pretty intense at full speed). Once I'm healed up, I want to focus on squats, lunges, etc with weights. I need to fill in the loose skin.
  • jholland99
    Options

Do u recommend this?

I would just clarify that belly dancing would be more of a cardio type workout rather than muscle building.

I agree belly dancing is cardio workout but u do use a lot of muscles.

i have gained but i went from 126.4 on 6/8 to 126.8 today but i did lose some body fat 6/8 i was 27.6% today im 26.8% body fat

I think im gaining muscle since i started doing the insanity workouts.. i feel the muscle growing especially in my legs
  • ilovegreg05
    Options

Do u recommend this?

i have gained but i went from 126.4 on 6/8 to 126.8 today but i did lose some body fat 6/8 i was 27.6% today im 26.8% body fat

I think im gaining muscle since i started doing the insanity workouts.. i feel the muscle growing especially in my legs

Very good to hear insanity is doing well for you. How long have you been doing it?
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow, you eat less than I do most days, though I am maintaining at 5'9.6 and 125/126Ibs. I eat over 2000 calories a day, with my exercise, sometimes going to 2300-2400.

Is there something specific to your workout that has you eating less, or is it simply that you are trying to lose weight as well as getting fit?

I plan on starting strength training myself soon, having done mainly cardio thus far, on top of cardio and hope I wont have to drop my calories if I add in strength training.
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    6/18/12 Morning Weight: 189.2lbs

Good day over all! Took a very cool bike ride through my little town.

THE WORKOUT

Rack pulls from the lowest rack pin
    WU 135x8
    WU 225x3
    WU 295x3
    WS 350x5 PR
    WS 350x5 PR

Low Row
    WS 205x6
    WS 205x56

Lat Pull down
    WS 190x6
    WS 190x6
    WS 190x5

Bent Rows
    WS 205x5
    WS 205x4

17 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph, 3 minutes at 6mph -- 20 minutes TOTAL - 128 calories burned pre workout

POST workout I rode my bike for 70 minutes very casually and burned about 400 calories.

THE DIET 34 fat/ 217 carbs/ 204 protein -

Screenshot2012-06-19at64843PM.png
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    Wow, you eat less than I do most days, though I am maintaining at 5'9.6 and 125/126Ibs. I eat over 2000 calories a day, with my exercise, sometimes going to 2300-2400.

Is there something specific to your workout that has you eating less, or is it simply that you are trying to lose weight as well as getting fit?

I plan on starting strength training myself soon, having done mainly cardio thus far, on top of cardio and hope I wont have to drop my calories if I add in strength training.

Yeah, I'm jelly of your intake...anyway I use to be a HUGE fatty :tongue: and I lost my weight too quick and damaged my metabolic rate. SO, my current plan is getting as lean as I'll ever need to be, then reverse dieting and bringing my met rate back up to a healthy operating status.

Start strength training ASAP, starting strength is a GREAT routine.

Thanks for stopping by!
  • jholland99
    Options

Do u recommend this?

Very good to hear insanity is doing well for you. How long have you been doing it?

3 weeks now
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    6/20/12 Morning Weight: 188.6lbs

Very tired during todays workout - although I hit a PR on Military standing press, I didn't get it for 6 reps like I had hoped.

THE WORKOUT

Standing Barbell Military Press
    WU 45x8
    WU 65x3
    WS 125x4 PR
    WS 125x4 PR

Dumbbell Military Press
    WS 60x11 both dbs weighed 60lbs
    WS 60x11 PR

Upward Row
    WS 125x5
    WS 125x5

Side Raises
    WS 35x8
    WS 35x8

17 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph, 3 minutes at 6mph -- 20 minutes TOTAL - 128 calories burned pre workout

THE DIET 36 fat/ 200 carbs/ 201 protein -

Screenshot2012-06-20at63614PM.png